9th October 2019, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

Can Commerce background students eligible to join IIT?

Hi, I am Kavan & I want to join IIT but I'm not a Science student I am a Commerce student and I want to get a degree of MCA. I thought that IIT is Institute of Technology and the degree of MCA is about tech. So, the commerce student who want to learn in tech subject can join IIT or not?

15th October 2019, 07:58 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can Commerce background students eligible to join IIT?

In order to join IIT, you have to appear in the JEE main examination, the required eligibility to appear in the JEE examination is that the candidate should have passed 12th class with the Science stream from a recognized board. Hence, commerce stream candidates are not eligible for IIT courses. My suggestion to you is that you should joint other government colleges with commerce streams because you are not eligible to get admission to IIT.
15th October 2019, 10:57 PM
soumyadipghosh
Senior Member+

All IITs has discontinued MCA programme. But you can take addmission in NITs for MCA programme by clearing NIMCET examination.
16th October 2019, 09:04 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

IIT is Indian Institute of Technology. It is a premier institute.

Admission in the bachelor degree course is conducted for candidates passed 12th in PCM.

IIT does not offer admission in MCA course.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in MCA course in IIT. Candidates with commerce stream are not eligible to get admission in IIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?