31st May 2011, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

Can commerce students give NET exam? How to become a lecturer in Commerce subjects?

commerce students cannot give net exam?how to be a lecturer in commerce college?

Related Questions:
  1. Which Subjects to take to Become a Commerce Lecturer through NET exam?
  2. Can I take a job in government sector as a commerce lecturer after MBA in Marketing? Can I give NET commerce?
  3. If I do NET commerce then will I be eligible for the job of commerce lecturer in degree colleges?
  4. What are the jobs as a commerce lecturerin Faridabad?
  5. How to apply for NET exam after B.Com to become a Commerce Lecturer?
  6. How can I get lecturer's job after qualifying NET exam in commerce?
  7. Commerce post graduate can do PhD in Commerce? Scope after doing PhD?
  8. When is the next NET entrance exam? What are the disciplines that I can choose? Should I go for commerce alone?
  9. What combination courses are offered in commerce for CS?
  10. Can I hold a masters degree in commerce and English simultaneously after completion of my B.Com? Will I be eligible for NET exam then?
  11. How to become a college lecturer after passing commerce?
  12. Which are the subjects under NDA entrance exam for commerce students?
  13. Can MBA students choose commerce as a subject in the UGC-NET entrance exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Is it possible for me to give the 12th commerce after a long gap? -- [New]
  15. Am I eligible for UG lecturer post in different colleges for Commerce Stream after doing PG in Management, qualifying UGC NET, graduating in Commerce stream and Ph.D pursuing?
  16. How to clear GPSC after completing Masters in Commerce? Which are the main subjects?
  17. Which is better to take whether Management subjects or Commerce subjects for NET exam conducted by UGC?
  18. In which entrance exam should I appear among UGC-NET and CSIR-NET being a Commerce student?
31st May 2011, 12:30 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can commerce students give NET exam? How to become a lecturer in Commerce subjects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
commerce students cannot give net exam?how to be a lecturer in commerce college?
Commerce students are eligible to apply for NET examination.

But to apply for NET examination, you have to complete your Master Degree first, because Master degree candidates are eligible to apply for NET examination.

So, if your Master degree completed OR you are appear for final year master degree examination, then you are eligible to apply for NET examination. The NET Examination are held 2 times in a year - June Or december.

So, if you have secured at least 55% marks in Your Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from recognised colleges, then you are eligible to apply for NET Examination.

So, if you are interested to become a lectureship then you have to appear for the NET examination, after clear the NET exams, you are eligible to apply for lectureship. There is no upper age limit for applying for lectureship.

So, if you are fullfill the eligiblity criteria, then you are eligible to apply for UGC NET examination, The syllabus of the examination are availiable in the UGC Official website, So please visit the UGC Website and download the syllabus and complete information from there -

http://www.ugc.ac.in/inside/syllabus.html

http://ugcnetonline.in
31st May 2011, 12:32 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can commerce students give NET exam? How to become a lecturer in Commerce subjects?

Quote:
National Eligibility Test is conducted by National educational testing bureau of UGC to determine the eligibility for Lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship.
These test are conducted Twice a year in June and December and Advt/Notification will be published in Employment News in March and September each year.

Minimum qualification to write this exam would be Master's Degree with 55% marks.

if you have masters degree then you are eligible for net exam
31st May 2011, 12:49 PM
nktrwt

Quote:
for applying net exam first you have to complete your graduation with atleast 55% . then yo can apply for net exam
31st May 2011, 03:00 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
The National Eligibility Test is conducted for every department and hence, candidates belonging to Commerce stream are equally eligible for the test.
To take the test, you must hold a masters degree with a minimum of 55% marks.
If you belong to SC/ST category, you will be eligible with 50% marks in the same.
The subjects related to commerce stream in the NET are as follows:
Business Economics
Commerce
Business Management

Qualifying NET will make you eligible to get appointed as lecturer in college/universities anywhere in the India.
To apply online and know more about the NET, click here
31st May 2011, 03:35 PM
pradeepdeshwal3626

Quote:
friend,

Commerce students are eligible for NET examination.for NET you have to have a master degree or in the final year of a master degree.

NET Examination are conducted 2 times in a year.

MINIMUM MARKS IN MASTER DEGREE-55%.

So, if you are interested to be a lectureship then you have to appear for the NET examination, after clearing the NET exams, you are eligible to apply for lectureship. There is no upper age limit for applying for lectureship.

good luck.
31st May 2011, 03:47 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi,
eligibility criteria for NET EXAM(national examination test of UGC)

For giving UGC NET u have to master Degree. You can choose any subject from your master degree.UGC NET consists of three papers
1) General studies (50 objective questions)
2) Your optional paper (50 objective questions)
3) Your optional paper (Subjective questions)

Second paper will check only after qualifying the first paper and third paper will checked after qualifying the second paper. so qualifying first and second paper is must....
31st May 2011, 07:56 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Commerce candidates are Eligible for NET Exam.

NET i.e National Eligibility Test.

To Apply for NET Examination,the candidate should have a master degree Or Equivalent Examination from a Recognized University.

Because minimum Qualification Is a master Degree.

Those who have Appeared Or Appearing In a final year of master degree can also Eligible to Apply.

The candidate who have secured at least 55% Marks In Master degree Or Equivalent Examination.

There is no upper age limit for Lectureship.

55% Marks for General and OBC candidates.

50% Marks for SC/ST/PH candidates.

More details,Visit the official website : http://www.ugcnetonline.in/
31st May 2011, 09:39 PM
venkatgct

Exclamation Re: Can commerce students give NET exam? How to become a lecturer in Commerce subjects?

friend,

COMMERCE STUDENTS CAN TAKE UP THE NET EXAM.

CRITERIA:
1. must hav completed ur master's
2.if ur in the last yr u can apply too
3.the aggregate in all ur exams must be 50% or more..

for more details abt eligiblity criteria, visit UGC website at www.ugc.ac.in

regards!!
31st May 2011, 10:31 PM
Sumit Ahujaa

Yes absolutely you are eligible for NET exam.
The NET Examination are held 2 times in a year - June Or december.

To become a lecturer you have the degree of B.ed.

The syllabus of the examination are availiable in the UGC Official website, So please visit the UGC Website.
www.ugc.ac.in
31st May 2011, 10:37 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Yes you can write NET exam with commerce group. But you need to finish your PG. After clearing NET exam you apply for lecturer.
31st May 2011, 11:58 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

ya of course a commerce student can apply for the NET exam

But then the candidate applying for the NET exam has to be a master degree holder
one has to be a minimum of the Master degree with the minimum of the 55% of the marks in the master degree exam or the equivalent exam

the NET exam is conducted twice a year mainly in the month of the June and December

so best of luck
1st June 2011, 12:36 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Talking Re: Can commerce students give NET exam? How to become a lecturer in Commerce subjects?

Quote:
NET - National Eligibility Test

Eligibility:

The candidates must have secured 55% aggregate in Master's degree.
For SC/ST/VH/PH candidates it is 50% aggregate.
The candidates must appear with the subjects of their post graduation only.

Important Dates:

Date of UGC NET examination: 26th June 2011

Date of UGC NET Notification : 30.03.2011

i) Last date for Applying On-Line 25th April 2011

ii) Last date for receiving the documents at the test center: 2-5-2011

By doing this exam you could become a lecturer or a professor of a institution.

Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: doc NET Computer syllabus.doc(68.0 KB, 235 views)
1st June 2011, 03:52 PM
shermin
Senior Member+

You can give NET exam but for that you need to complete your post graduation.
The eligibility for NET is as follows:
-Masters degree with at least 55% marks.
-Age limit: 1)Junior Research Fellowship- max 28yrs.
2)Lectureship- no upper age limit.

For further details,you can visit the following website.
http://www.ugcnetonline.in/
23rd June 2011, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

i m a ca final student but i want to become a professor, wha should i do?
15th July 2011, 10:49 AM
indhukumar

could u plz send me the subjects have to study for net exams for a commerce student
22nd July 2011, 07:07 AM
Unregistered

Hi
i hav done my MBA. i want to write NET exam in month of Dec 2011. can i take my subjects as commerce or i'm eligible only for management subjects... plz help me out.

Thank You..
2nd August 2011, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

can Icwa is eligible for lecturership without giving net/set exam?
18th August 2011, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

i am b.com pass student with b.ed, now i want to gave haryana teacher eligability test , but i could not under stand that i could choose which subject, because there is following option are available math & science, s.s,home science,phy.education and languages, please responce
30th August 2011, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

Iam a Diploma in Textile Engg with ICWAI & MBA in Fin & Makrketing .I want to teach Commerce subjects in 2 level .Am i eligible ,Pl.reply me
22nd September 2011, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

i have done mba in finance bt now i want to give net exam in commerce....can i elligible for giving the net exam in commerce??????
plz help as soon as possible?????
29th March 2012, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

hi my name is mahenra i have done my 12th with 88.6% marks in best five subjects... after that i have done ETE(Elementary teacher eduation) Diploma... presently i am pursuing B.Com from School of Open Learning, DU
i want to ask that should I do "CA".. or should prepare myself for Net Exam after my PG complete
please help me and suggest a way so that i can choose what should i do please help me.....my email id is [email protected] u may send ur opinions on that via my facebook id
9th July 2012, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

Hey!!!.. I am a commerce postgraduate... can i take NET for economics???
11th January 2017, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have done my M.com(Finance) in 2016 secured 53% in it.
I belong from OBC category.. is I'm eligible for NET ? & What are the tentative dates for following...??
1st June 2017, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

I completed my graduation and master degree from commerce , distance mode. Can I eligible for NET.
Please guide
7th August 2019, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

Can m.com student choose management and labour welfare as a subject in the ugc net exam ??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?