13th July 2011, 09:08 AM
sachinthorat009

Can a diploma holder appear for GET exam for M.Tech admission? Or can I do BSc Electronics direct 3rd year for M.Tech?

i am diploma holder can i appear get exam for m-tech and if not then can i do bsc electronics direct third year for m-tech

Related Questions:
  1. List of software engineering branches available for GATE in IIT's for M.Tech?
  2. Duration of Civil Engineering course?
  3. List of specializations available to study in M.E. at Manipal University? -- [New]
  4. List of colleges available for doing M.Tech after completing B.Tech with 54% marks?
  5. How to get admission in M.Tech? I am currently in 3rd year IT
  6. Apart from teaching profession which are the other career opportunities available after M.Tech?
  7. Should I do directly do M.Tech after completing B.Sc? Which entrance exams I need to write?
  8. List of institution and procedure of admission for direct entry into second year of B.Tech. after diploma?
  9. Universities offering M.Tech Correspondence? Fee details of the course? Subjects offered in M.Tech?
  10. Top 10 colleges for M.Tech Mechanical Engineering?
  11. How to take admission in direct 3rd year degree after completing diploma 3rd year
  12. Which college gives direct admission to M.Tech after completing BSc in computer science? What is the criteria for admission in M.Tech?
  13. Can I get Direct admission in B.Tech 2nd year if score good marks in first 2 years of Diploma in Electronics Engineering and escape 3rd year?
  14. Top colleges providing M.Tech Biotech through GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Diploma in Information Science holder is eligible to get direct admission in BCA 3rd year?
  16. Career opportunities after passing M.Tech in Design, Thermal, Manufacturing?
  17. Will I get admission in direct 2nd year? I have scored 81.74% in 3rd year diploma in electronics and telecommunication branch
  18. Institutes offering M.Tech Metallurgy in Distance Education mode in India?
6th November 2011, 03:34 PM
swapan100
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can a diploma holder appear for GET exam for M.Tech admission? Or can I do BSc Electronics direct 3rd year for M.Tech?

dear friend,

yes, they can appear for Gate Exam but with his diploma his degree of Engineering is also necessary ..
only with diploma course you are not eligible for gate .
no it is also not possible ..
so
best of luck.
6th November 2011, 03:37 PM
swapan100
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can a diploma holder appear for GET exam for M.Tech admission? Or can I do BSc Electronics direct 3rd year for M.Tech?

dear friend,

yes, they can appear for Gate Exam but with his diploma his degree of Engineering is also necessary ..
only with diploma course you are not eligible for gate .
no it is also not possible ..
so
best of luck.
7th November 2011, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

after 3 year diploma after 12th can i do bsc electronics direct 3rd year
13th August 2013, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

I am diploma holder & I have 10 years of working experience can I directly applied for GATE examination ?
14th August 2013, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

I am diploma holder & I have 10 years of working experience can I directly applied for GATE examination ?
14th August 2013, 07:12 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Firstly let me point out to you that its not GET exam but GATE which means Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering. Now coming to your question, it is not possible for the diploma holder to appear for the GATE Exam.

You will have to complete Bachelor of Technology course to do that. There is also no such thing as direct entry in the third year of Bachelor of Science course. You will not be given such entry in any Indian college.

Even if you do complete Bachelor of Science course, still it is not possible to appear for the GATE exam. Because you will have to first obtain Master of Science degree to apply for the Master of Technology course.

To make things simple to you there are two ways to pursue M.Tech. You will either have to complete Bachelor of Technology course or you must complete M.Sc/MCA course. Otherwise it is not possible to apply for M.Tech.

The logical thing to do is take admission for the Bachelor of Technology. You have diploma in Engineering which means you can take lateral entry in the B.Tech. Appear for the Lateral Entry Engineering Test.

The LEET is the exam conducted for admission in the second year of B.Tech. You can apply for LEET if scored 60 percent marks in diploma. Otherwise there are other options to choose from.

You can also appear for the Joint Entrance Exam. But there is no way to take lateral entry admission with it. Although you can apply for admission in Indian Institutes of Technology or the National Institutes of Technology. Both are very prestigious institutes but unfortunately do not offer lateral entry admission.

Either way once you are in the final year of B.Tech, you can appear for the Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering. Not before that. The GATE score is only valid for 2 years therefore make sure you take admission for M.Tech within that period otherwise you will have to reappear for the GATE Exam.

There is no percentage criteria to appear for the GATE. If you have B.Tech/M.Sc/MCA degree then you can appear for the GATE Exam.
15th August 2013, 02:43 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Sorry to say but you have misspelled the Actual word. The Actual word is GATE not GET.

The Acronym "GATE" stands for Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering. This Test is conducted collectively by all the Indian Institutes of Technology together with the Indian Institute of Science.

This Test is conducted for the admission of B.Tech passouts in the M.Tech course in top M.Tech colleges like the IITs , NITs, or BITS - Pilani.

Now as per your query , i would like to clear you that it is not possible for diploma holders to appear for the GATE Exam.

This is because the minimum educational qualification required for GATE is B.Tech in any stream from any recognized college/university.

Also you will not be eligible even after having a degree of Bachelor of Science in Electronics as for GATE , you need to have a Master`s Degree in Electronics to be eligible for the same.

Simply , there are two ways through which you can pursue M.Tech course :

1) After completing B.Tech

2) After Completing Post Graduation in Science or Computer Applications , i.e.e, M.Sc /MCA.

The Qualifications Required for GATE Examination are :

** The candidate must have completed B.Tech in any discipline from any recognized college/university.

** Final year Candidates can also apply.

** There is no age limit for the exam.

** The candidate must not have any active pending backlog.

** There is no any fixed no. of attempts for this exam.

Note : In order to get admission in M.Tech through GATE , you need a valid GATE Score.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
1st March 2015, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

I have done polytechnic in 2013 .This time I am prussoing b.tech(3rd) year. After complet b.tch I can give the get exam or not .And after qualifing gate by good marks .may I get IIT college or not.

Abhishek
email - [email protected]
[email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?