31st July 2011, 12:22 AM
daize.a

Can I appear for Bank PO Exams after completion of B.Com from Periyar University?

I am doin B.Com as distant mode in periyar university. Is this university approved for bank P.O?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I appear in SSC CGL exam after completion of correspondence Graduation from Periyar University? -- [New]
  2. How may I get the question bank of Madurai university for B.Com 1st year exam?
  3. Is Periyar University, Salem blacklisted?
  4. What is the procedure to follow for completing the F.Y.BCom Graduation course which I stopped before completion?
  5. How can I apply for bank job after completion of 12th commerce course?
  6. How to take admission in Ph.D History after passing M.Phil from Periyar University
  7. Am I eligible for the government job if I have failed in degree exam in 3rd year?
  8. For which Bank Exams I am eligible to apply for after completion of B.Tech in IT?
  9. Does Periyar University come under UGC?
  10. Am I eligible for bank exams after completing B.Com from IGNOU? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Can I appear for Bank and government jobs after completing B.Com?
  12. Am I eligible for M.E(CSE) under Anna University after completing MSc IT Integrated under Periyar University?
  13. B.Com honors colleges under Allahabad University?
  14. List of 1 year diploma or certificate courses which can be done after 12th? Duration of the french course?
  15. How to get a job in pharmaceutical company? I have done MSc Biotechnology in Periyar University
  16. Is Periyar University UGC and NCTE approved? Is it safe to do B.Ed in distance from Periyar University?
  17. Detailed information and eligibility to pursue Ph.D in Finance if completed BBA-CA from Periyar University and NAV Finance from Bharathiar University?
  18. Colleges providing M.Phi computer science regular under periyar university?
2nd August 2011, 04:58 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for Bank PO Exams after completion of B.Com from Periyar University?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daize.a View Post
I am doin B.Com as distant mode in periyar university. Is this university approved for bank P.O?
Yes, Why Not !! Distance Education Candidates are also eligible to apply for Bank PO Examination, But your colleges must be Recognised and should be approved.

To apply for Bank PO examination, You need to complete your Graduation form a recognised university and Candidates Must have completed his graduation either form Regular OR distance Mode.

So, any graduate passed candidates are eligible to apply for Bank PO Examination. There is no minimum Percentage Eligiblity criteria to apply for SBI and IBPS Bank PO examination.

For SBI - Your age should between 21 to 30 years.

For IBPS - Your age should be 20 to 30 Years.

The Upper age relaxation is Applicable for SC, ST, OBC and Other Reserved Category Candidates.

So, If you have completed your Graduate degree course, then you are eligible for Bank PO examination, You can also apply for IBPS Bank PO examination and the Last date of apply for this examination was 03/Aug/2011.

The Examination fees of IBPS was Rs 450 And for SBI was Rs 500.

The Fees was Vary form Bank To Bank, So Any graduate passed candidates are eligible to apply for Bank PO examination And for more Information, please check the Official Website -

http://www.ibps.in
2nd August 2011, 05:20 PM
aroy8091

Default Re: Can I appear for Bank PO Exams after completion of B.Com from Periyar University?

yes why not, eligibility for a bank p.o exam is just that you must be a graduate and check out that your college must be recognized
2nd August 2011, 05:29 PM
saurav9889

yes friend if this university has been recognised by ugc then u can apply for bank po exams definately even if u had done it in distance mode because the min. eligibility criteria is graduation pass
2nd August 2011, 05:53 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
after complete your graduation in distance mode
then you eligible for apply PO post.
but your institution is recognized .

So all bank publish there PO post in separate advertise.
but you go for apply for this job......

Bank po:-

SBI PO
ANDHRA PO
PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK PO
UNION BANK PO
UNITED BANK PO
2nd August 2011, 05:56 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
after complete your graduation in distance mode
then you eligible for apply PO post.
but your institution is recognized .

So all bank publish there PO post in separate advertise.
but you go for apply for this job......

Bank po:-

SBI PO
ANDHRA PO
PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK PO
UNION BANK PO
UNITED BANK PO
2nd August 2011, 07:17 PM
ROHIT1THAKUR

The bank Po exam is conducted by various banks on part of recruiting candidates for the post of probationary officer.

The candidates must seek that they are eligible for the exam and they may include:
1.The candidates must be a citizen of India.
2.The candidate must have a age limit of 21-30 years of age.
3.The candidate must have a degree from a recognized university with 60% aggregate. Some banks prefer for 55%.
4.The candidates must know about computers and must know to operate MS Office

The main thing is that the eligibility criteria changes from bank-bank so for more information you can check the respected sites for which you are going to apply.
2nd August 2011, 07:34 PM
rana2011
Banned

Yes,Distance Education Candidates are eligible to apply for Bank PO Examination, But your colleges must be Recognised and should be approved.

ELIGIBILITY FOR BANK PO EXAM:-

**You have to complete your Graduation form a recognised university and
there is no minimum Percentage Eligiblity criteria to apply for SBI and IBPS Bank PO examination.

**For SBI - Your age should between 21 to 30 years.
and for IBPS - Your age should be 20 to 30 Years.
[The Upper age relaxation is Applicable for SC, ST, OBC and Other Reserved Category Candidates].

So, If you have completed your Graduate degree course, then you are eligible for Bank PO examination, You can also apply for IBPS Bank PO examination and the Last date of apply for this examination was 03/Aug/2011.

The Examination fees of IBPS was Rs 450 And for SBI was Rs 500.

The Fees was Vary form Bank To Bank, So Any graduate passed candidates are eligible to apply for Bank PO examination And for more Information, please check the Official Website -
http://www.ibps.in

Best of luck!
2nd August 2011, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

i want to study in periyar university B.com for bank exams eligibility is it eligible
2nd August 2011, 10:13 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Yes, graduates from Periyar University are also eligible for Bank PO examination.

The eligibility criteria for bank PO exam are:

You should have a minimum of 55% marks throughout your graduation (relaxation for SC/ST)

Your age should be between 21 years and 30 years.

You should have a degree in computer from NIT's or other institutes.

These are the common criteria put by most of the banks.....

So you are absolutely eligible if you fulfill the above criteria.

Some books which you can follow to prepare for PO exams are:

Upkars State Bank Probationary Officers Examination

Ramesh`s Bank PO. Previous year Solved Papers

Test of Reasoning/Reasoning Ability by R.S.Agarwal (Verbal & Non-verbal)

Quantitative Aptitude by R.S.Agarwal

Guides by Kiran publications.
2nd August 2011, 10:14 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Yes, graduates from Periyar University are also eligible for Bank PO examination.

The eligibility criteria for bank PO exam are:

You should have a minimum of 55% marks throughout your graduation (relaxation for SC/ST)

Your age should be between 21 years and 30 years.

You should have a degree in computer from NIT's or other institutes.

These are the common criteria put by most of the banks.....

So you are absolutely eligible if you fulfill the above criteria.

Some books which you can follow to prepare for PO exams are:

Upkars State Bank Probationary Officers Examination

Ramesh`s Bank PO. Previous year Solved Papers

Test of Reasoning/Reasoning Ability by R.S.Agarwal (Verbal & Non-verbal)

Quantitative Aptitude by R.S.Agarwal

Guides by Kiran publications.
22nd August 2011, 07:04 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

yes you can appear for the bank po exam after completing your b.com they require only graduate in any streame.with minimum criteria of age and the %
you can see the advertisement for more details
Attached Files
File Type: pdf COMMON BANK EXAM.pdf(90.2 KB, 122 views)
23rd August 2011, 12:39 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

GENERAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR PO EXAM:-

EDUCATINAL QUALIFUCATION:

You must be completed your graduation with minimum 55% marks .(For Sc/St candidate -50%)

Your 10th and 12 th marks must be above 50%.

AGE CRITERIA:

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.

AGE RELAXATION:-

For SC/ST candidate- 5 years.
For OBC candidate - 3 years.

If your degree is UGC approved then you are eligible for BANK PO exam.

all the best.
31st August 2011, 08:59 AM
sanju38121

yes, surely you can apply for the exam for more details related to exam please check.
www.ibps.in

all the best.
2nd January 2012, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

i am going to complete my b.com in april 2012. i want to know which exaam should i give to get a job in nationalised bank
13th March 2012, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

can I appear for Bank PO Exams after completion of B.Com from Mahatma Gandhi open University?
15th March 2012, 12:20 PM
jobsick

To apply for Bank PO examination, You need to complete your Graduation form a recognised university and Candidates Must have completed his graduation either form Regular OR distance Mode.

So, any graduate passed candidates are eligible to apply for Bank PO Examination. There is no minimum Percentage Eligiblity criteria to apply for SBI and IBPS Bank PO examination.

For SBI - Your age should between 21 to 30 years.

For IBPS - Your age should be 20 to 30 Years.

The Upper age relaxation is Applicable for SC, ST, OBC and Other Reserved Category Candidates.
15th March 2012, 10:22 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
You have completed graduation with Periyar University.
So you are eligible for bank PO examination
But you will have to fulfill these criteria :

>>You age must be within 21 to 30 years.
>>You must be an Indian
>>You should not have any pending backlogs

I think you have all these criteria

All the best.........
25th March 2013, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

is andhra university UGC
4th September 2013, 09:20 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

You are pursing your Graduation in Commerce from Periyar University through Distance Education mode and after completion of the same you are eligible to apply for Bank P.O. Exam generally conducted by SBI and IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Selection).

There is no specific criteria that one should complete Graduation Degree through regular mode only in order to apply for Bank P.O. examination. Hence the candidate with completion of Graduation through distance mode from an University which is recognised by UGC(University Grant Commission), is eligible to apply for bank P.O. Exam.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good command over computer operation, can apply for Bank P.O. Exam.
4th September 2013, 12:17 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

You can apply for bank exams, as you have completed graduation.

Percentage does not matter in the exam.

Bank exams are conducted by IBPS. The exams which are conducted by IBPS are --

Bank PO / Bank clerk and specilats officer exam.

You are eligible for Bank PO and Bank clerk exams.

To be eligible for IBPS bank exams --

You should be a graduate in any subject from any recognised university.

For Bank PO exam, Your age should be between 20 years to 30 years.

For Bank clerk exam, your age should be between 20 years to 28 years.

The age relaxation for OBC is 3 years and SC/ST is 5 years.

You should know how to use computers.

The exams contain these five papers -

1. Reasoning
2. Quantitative Aptitude
3. English
4. General Awreness
5. Computer Awareness

For more information visit www.ibps.in

All the best.............................
4th September 2013, 01:11 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You are apply for the Bank PO. However you must meet the eligibility criteria for it. There is no different rule for distance education degree holders. They are as much eligible for the banking exams as the regular mode degree holders are.

You can apply for the IBPS Bank PO or the SBI Bank PO depending on whether you meet the criteria or not. IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Services. It conducts the entrance exam for 20 Public Sector Banks.

While SBI means State Bank of India. It is the only Public Sector bank which conducts its own entrance exams. Both IBPS Bank PO and SBI Bank PO are conducted only once a year.

IBPS Bank PO Eligibility

1. Exam can be appeared by Indian nationals.

2. You should have graduation degree.

3. Must have 60 percent marks in it.

4. SC/ST need 55 percent marks.

5. Ther is a need for diploma/degree in Computers.

6. Or Computer Sciecne/IT subject in 12th/college.

7. Your age should be 20 to 28 years.

8. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

9. Relaxation for SC/ST is 5 years.

10. While Person with Disability can apply up to 38 years.

SBI Bank PO Eligibility

1. You should have completed graduation.

2. There is no criteria for marks.

3. Must have Computer Operating Skills.

4. The age limit is 21 to 30 years.

5. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

6. While 5 years for SC/ST.
4th September 2013, 03:09 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend if you completed B.Com from a recognized University then you are eligible to apply Bank PO exam.

The Qualifications Required for Bank PO Examination are :-

Candidate must have completed Graduation degree in any stream with a minimum of 55% (For Sc/St candidate -50%) marks from a recognized University.

Age Limit : -

Age should be between 21 years to 30 years.

3 years age relaxation for OBC category candidates

and 5 years age relaxation for SC/ST category Candidates.

Candidate shoulld be an Indian citizen.

All the best................
4th September 2013, 05:24 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Quote:

Hi,

Yes, you can appear for Bank PO exams after completion of B.com from Periyar university.

For Bank PO exams, you need to have a graduation degree. It does not matter whether it is from a regular mode or distance mode. Only a passing degree is required, so even if you are doing graduation from a distance mode, it is considered.

Bank PO exams are conducted by Institute of Banking Personnel Selection, for 20 public sector banks.

If you want to apply then these are the eligibility criteria for the same –

You should be a graduate from a recognized university.

Final year students can also apply.

Your age should be between 20 years to 30 years.

The upper age is relaxed by 3 years for OBC category and 5 Years for SC/ST category.

The exam is conducted in two phases –

Written exam and
Group discussion /interview

The exam for Bank PO consists of these papers –

Reasoning,
Quantitative aptitude,
General Awareness,
Computer knowledge and
English.

Visit www.ibps.in
4th September 2013, 07:52 PM
spsingh1172

Thumbs up Re: Can I appear for Bank PO Exams after completion of B.Com from Periyar University?

yes, you can appear. any one need only graduation/bachelor degree to appear in PO. ok prepare well.
4th September 2013, 11:01 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

B.Com from Periyar University is definitely sufficient for giving Bank PO examination in India. So don't worry and carry on with your preparation.

Periyar University is recognized by UGC and you can surely apply for IBPS and SBI bank PO examination. Just make sure that you have the age for it

Age Limit:

The age for Bank PO examination is 21 to 30 years. As per the Government rules there is age relaxation available to reserved categories.

SC/ST : 5 years relaxation

OBC : 3 years relaxation

PWD : 10 years relaxation

Selection Procedure:

First stage is written examination which will have objective type question from following subjects.

-General Awareness

-Reasoning

-Quantitative

-Computers

-English

If you pass written then you will be called for interview.

The marks in Written and Interview decide the merit for selection.
15th October 2013, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

shridhar university degree is eligble for bank exam
12th December 2015, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

Can i appear for Bank clerk or po exams after completion of B.com from Manonmaniam Sundaranar university?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?