5th June 2013, 01:56 AM
toshit pal

Can I appear for CA after completing PG with BBA?

Sir I want to ask that I have completed my post graduate with bba so can I appear for ca and what is the criteria for percentage in post graduate for appearing ca.

5th June 2013, 01:45 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for CA after completing PG with BBA?

Since you completed post graduation after BBA, I assume you have completed Master of Business Administration. Anyway coming to your question, It is certainly possible to do Chartered Accountancy after post graduation.

However if you have completed MBA then look for jobs related to the course, rather than spending another 3 years studying Chartered Accountancy course. But if you are still interested in CA. Here is what you need to do.

Firstly there is no percentage criteria for Chartered Accountancy course. Anyone who has completed 12th standard can apply for this course. The first step of the course is Common Proficiency Test.

It is necessary to clear the Common Proficiency Test but graduates are given exemption from it if meets the following criteria.

1. 55 percent marks in commerce graduation.

2. 60 percent marks in non commerce graduation.

If you meet the criteria then there is no need to appear for the Common Proficiency Test. You can directly apply for the IPCC. However if you don't meet the criteria then must appear for the test.

The Common Proficiency Test is conducted twice a year. There are two groups of 2 subjects each. You should be able to score 30 percent marks in each group to clear the test. Following are the four subjects

1. Fundamentals of Accountancy

2. Economics

3. Mercantile Law

4. Quantitative Aptitude
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?