9th July 2012, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for IIT entrance after scoring 56.8% marks in 12th exam?

Dear Sir / Madam,

Please tel me we have 56.8% marks in XII exam & i m belong from OBC categery by PU board Allahabad & in PCM 56%, we can apear in IIT entrance exam 2013 acordind to new creteria/rule,

Eitherwise what we should be do.

Thanks & Regards,
Haneef

Related Questions:
  1. Can I appear for IIT entrance after scoring 56.8% marks in 12th exam?
  2. Am I eligible to appear for JNU and IIT entrance exam for MCA after scoring 59.8% in 12th
  3. IIT after scoring 190+ marks in CET without IIT-JEE exam?
  4. Can I appear for IIT entrance exam after scoring 56.8% in 12th? I belong to OBC category
  5. Which engineering college can I get after scoring 73 marks in IIT mains and 72% marks in 12th science?
  6. Am I eligible for IIT Entrance Exam having secured 72% in 12th but 37% in Mathematics being a candidate of SC category?
  7. Is there any chance to get a seat in Kurnool Medical College after scoring 120 marks in EAMCET with 568 marks in IPE?
  8. Where can I join engineering after scoring 80 marks in AIEEE, 165 in BITSAT and 112 marks in MPPET?
  9. Probability of getting in IIT after scoring 49 marks? If not IIT then can I into NIT?
  10. What are my chance of making into IIT after scoring 163 marks in IIT JEE?
  11. Can I get NIT Warangal or any NIT or IIT after scoring 130 marks in JEE entrance?
  12. Can I get a seat in NIT Warangal or any NIT or IIT after scoring 130 marks in JEE entrance exam?
  13. Am I eligible for Banking Entrance exam after scoring 78% marks in 10th and 66% in 12th but only 41% in Maths Honors? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Which B.School can I join after scoring a MAT score of 568.5?
  15. After scoring 48% can I be eligible for MCA course in IIT Roorkee?
  16. Whether 12th marks are considered for ranking in merit list of NIFT exam 2015? -- [New]
  17. Can I appear for engineering entrance exam after scoring 136 marks in PCM in 12th?
  18. Can I get a government college after scoring 38 marks in MCA entrance exam by Vyapam?
24th August 2012, 11:20 AM
anchitsuri2006
Member+

Default Re: Can I appear for IIT entrance after scoring 56.8% marks in 12th exam?

Hi,

Minimum Percentage of Marks in QE

Candidates belonging to GE and OBC categories must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in QE. SC, ST and PD candidates must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in QE.

The percentage of marks awarded by the Board will be treated as final. If the Board does not award the percentage of marks, it will be calculated based on the marks obtained in all subjects listed in the mark sheet. If any Board awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the equivalent marks, and submit it at the time of counselling / admission. In case such a certificate is not provided the decision taken by the Joint Implementation Committee (JIC) of IIT-JEE 2012 will be final.

So by this you are NOT eligible to sit in an IIT exam.
Nevertheless you can try for AIEEE & other private institutes.
Best of Luck.
14th June 2013, 07:47 PM
Paliyal79

Default Re: Can I appear for IIT entrance after scoring 56.8% marks in 12th exam?

Hi friend
IIT is the entrance exam in the Engineering field.
ELIGIBILITY FOR IIT --
the candidate must have 10+2 with PCM. And the minimum percentage of marks required is 60% for the General and OBC canidates.
55% marks are required for the SC/ST candidates.
You are the OBC, then you are not eligible fot IIT.
But you can try for AIEEE.
BEST OF LUCK
26th July 2013, 02:17 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

HI

you are not eligible to sit for IIT as it requires a minimum of 60% marks in your 12th (PCM)
if you are SC/ST then atleast 55% is required

there are various engineering entrance exam or some state engineering entrance exam, you can appear in that and can score high to get good college and branch

All the best
26th July 2013, 05:03 PM
srikanth2207

Minimum Requirement for apperaing for IIT Entrance is you must have 60% in your Inter in general catageory,OBC.For SC,ST students minimum requirement is 55 % is required.
Don't worry you can also apply for AIEEE,ISAT,BITS
Even though you can get seat in AIEEE.You can enter into top univeristies like NIT's,IIIT's.Some of the IIIT's and NIT's colleges are far better than IIT's.
So you didn't qualify for IIT.you can also choice apply for AIEEE.
27th September 2013, 08:04 AM
Unregistered

I have 41% in 12th . Can i get into any iit by getting high score.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?