26th February 2018, 02:35 PM
anshuman_guduu

Can I appear for MHT CET? I have passed my (10+2) from CBSE board?

Can I appear for MHT CET? I have done my 12th from CBSE board. I'm from Bihar. Is there any special quota for candidates belonging to OBC category?

28th February 2018, 07:06 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for MHT CET? I have passed my (10+2) from CBSE board?

The full form of MHCET is Maharashtra Common Entrance Test.

It is a state level entrance examination conducted by Maharashtra Government for admission of candidates in different courses. Candidates from other states are eligible for this examination.

But you will not be eligible to receive any benefits of reservation. Only candidates from Maharashtra can get reservation in seats.
28th February 2018, 09:50 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym MH CET stands for Maharashtra Common Entrance Test.

There is no special quota for candidates belonging to other states. Only students of Maharashtra are eligible for reserved seats.

However, candidates from other state and different board can apply for this examination.
28th February 2018, 10:21 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

As you have completed 10+2 from Bihar Board, so you fulfill the criteria of MHCET exam.

You can appear for MHCET exam that is conducted in Maharashtra.

Yes, there is reservation for OBC candidates in MH-CET.

According to reservation claim under MH-CET, 19% seats are reserved for OBC (including SBC) for admission to various courses in Maharashtra.
28th February 2018, 10:28 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

MH CET is conducted for admission in an undergraduate course for engineering, pharmacy etc.

The common eligibility to appear for entrance examination is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognized board.

Yes, candidates from a different state are also eligible to appear for the examination.

There is relaxation for OBC quota and other reserved categories.

So, you can appear for examination and after qualifying in examination will become eligible to get admission.
28th February 2018, 10:30 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

MHT-CET refers to Maharashtra Common Entrance Test and same examination is held for offering admission in undergraduate technical, agricultural and pharmacy degree courses across the colleges in Maharashtra.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in MHT CET being a citizen of Bihar and having completed your Class 12th from CBSE board then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible as for appearing in same examination any Indian citizen having completed his/her higher secondary school degree from a recognized board of education is eligible.

For more details regarding MHT CET you can refer to the link www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in.
28th February 2018, 12:06 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for Maharashtra Common Entrance Test after pursuing senior secondary board examination from Central Board of Secondary Education and being a candidate from Bihar. It is conducted for admission in courses like engineering, pharmacy etc.

Candidates from Bihar can not claim reservation under OBC in state of Maharashtra. Only domicile candidate of Maharashtra can claim reservation.
28th February 2018, 12:59 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

** As per my knowledge, you are eligible to appear in MHT CET after passing your 12th class.

** For this examination candidate must have passed 12th class from a recognized board with PCM subjects.

** The minimum percentage required in 12th class for this examination is 50%.

** For application process you have to visit at the official website of Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State.
28th February 2018, 01:19 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for MHT CET 2018 even after belonging from states outside Maharashtra.

Candidates of General category must have scored minimum 50% aggregate in Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized board.

And for reserved category (SC/ST/OBC) candidates need to have scored 45% and above in class 12th.
28th February 2018, 01:28 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for the MHT CET exam.

MHT CET (Maharashtra Common Entrance Test) is an entrance exam conducted once in every year by Maharashtra state.

The basic eligibility requirements are as follows:

- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- The educational qualification required is 10+2 or HSC or its equivalent education in physics, mathematics and chemistry/ biology/ biotechnology from any recognised board.
- The minimum percentage required is 50% for general candidates, 45% for reserved candidates like OBC/ SC/ ST.
- There is no age limit for attending the exam.

For notifications, application forms and other details visit the official website of MHT CET.
28th February 2018, 01:41 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_guduu View Post
Can I appear for MHT CET? I have done my 12th from CBSE board. I'm from Bihar. Is there any special quota for candidates belonging to OBC category?
The eligibility criteria of MHT CET 2018 are :

- Indian Nationals who have passed HS/12th class exam or its equivalent are eligible to appear for MHT-CET 2018

- There is no age limit for appearing in MHT CET 2018. This means that there is no restriction about passing the qualifying examination in a particular year

- Also, candidates appearing in the qualifying examination (12th) in 2018 are also eligible for appearing in MHT-CET 2018.

As per DTE Maharashtra, 85% of the seats in private unaided engineering institutes in Maharashtra will be filled through MHT-CET, while 15% seats will be filled/reserved for All India Quota based on MHT-CET.

Since, you have mentioned that you are from Bihar and you belong to OBC category, for you also the reservation of seats will be 15% only that means you will be under All India Quota based.

MHT-CET Important Dates 2018

- Application form will be available from : 18th January,2018

- Last date to fill the form : 25th March,2018

- Exam date : 10th May,2018

The application fees is Rs 800/- for General candidates and Rs 600 for reserved category.
28th February 2018, 01:48 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

MHTCET refers to Maharashtra Common Entrance Test and same examination is held for offering admission in undergraduate technical/architectural, pharmacy and agricultural degree course across the colleges in Maharashtra.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in MHT-CET being a resident of Bihar and having completed your Class 12th with CBSE then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible for appearing in MHT-CET, as any Indian citizen holding higher secondary school degree with the required stream of academics and ninimum marks secured in Class12th is eligible for appearing in MHT-CET.

As far as you are concerned about special provision for OBC category candidates then there is no special provision apart from the reservation policy of government which says 27.5% seats are reserved for OBC category candidates.

For more details about MHT-CET you can refer to its official link i.e;www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in.
28th February 2018, 04:16 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for MHT CET.

Eligibility criteria:

Candidate should be an Indian national.

Candidate must have passed higher secondary education of recognized board.

Any other examination of its equivalent standard with subject combination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

Candidate must secure 50% marks in 10+2.

Reservation is allowed for reserved category.
28th February 2018, 04:56 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates of different state are also eligible to appear for MH CET examination.

The examination is conducted for admission in undergraduate courses in colleges of Maharashtra.

Candidates who have passed 12th or equivalent with discipline as per the course in which they want to get admission.

There is relaxation for reserved category candidates in the admission.
28th February 2018, 06:10 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for MHT CET examination being a resident of Bihar. To be eligible to apply for MHT CET examination, you should be a domicile of Maharashtra and you should have passed 12th standard from any school in Maharashtra. So, if you have passed your 12th standard from CBSE Board in Bihar, you are not eligible to apply for MHT CET examination.
28th February 2018, 06:57 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Yes, you can apply for the MHT CET.

Eligibility criteria for MHT CET;

MHT CET is one of the most popular entrance examinations for aspiring technocrats, who are aiming to study in engineering colleges of Maharashtra.

Candidates should be an Indian National.

Candidate must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board.

Candidates also needs to secure minimum 50% marks.

Reservation is allowed for reserved category.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?