1st April 2019, 08:18 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear in NDA exam after completing 10th?

Respected Sir/Madam, I have given the Board exam of 10th standard and I want to apply for NDA after my 10th. So, I would like to know that can I appear in this NDA exam after completion of my 10th? Kindly tell me asap.

3rd April 2019, 07:24 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in NDA exam after completing 10th?

Note that 10th standard candidates are not eligible for applying to NDA exam.

To be eligible for NDA exam, candidate must possess following requirements:
  • Unmarried Male candidate
  • Age of the candidate should be 16.5 to 19 years
  • 10+2 passed/appearing from a recognized Board
As you are just 10th passed now, so currently you cannot apply for NDA exam conducted by UPSC. So, firstly you must be in 12th standard to be eligible for NDA exam.
3rd April 2019, 09:53 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear in NDA examination after completing 10th standard because as per the minimum eligibility criteria, a candidate must have minimum qualification of 10 + 2 with PCM stream from a recognised board with 60% marks in in order to appear in NDA exam.
4th April 2019, 11:51 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

NDA refers to National Defense Academy and to join the same, you are required to qualify NDA entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

Further, to appearing in the NDA entrance examination, the minimum education required is a Class 12th in any discipline from a recognized board of education. Students going to appear in their Class 12th board examination are also eligible.

So, having just completed your Class 10th board examination, you are not eligible for appearing in the NDA entrance examination now.

For more details regarding the NDA entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
5th April 2019, 10:53 AM
Pagal ho kya
Senior Member+

Being a Class 10th passed candidate, you can not appear in NDA (National Defence Academy) entrance examination at this stage as the minimum education required to apply for NDA entrance examination is a Class 12th from a recognised board of education.

For other details regarding NDA entrance examination, you can refer to the website www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?