1st April 2019, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

How can I become a Civil Engineer after completing 12th?

Hi Sir, I have given the Board exam of 12th standard and I will clear the exam with good percentage of marks. I want to become a Civil Engineer. I don't know what I should do. Please let me know how I can become a Civil Engineer?

3rd April 2019, 01:10 AM
harmanpreetbatth

Default Re: How can I become a Civil Engineer after completing 12th?

Hello,
As you want to become a Civil Engineer, first, you'll need a bachelor's degree in civil engineering or a civil engineering specialty. Your degree will take four years to complete, and will include courses in math, engineering mechanics, statistics, and fluid dynamics, among others.
There are lot of good colleges and universities in India where you can pursue your B.Tech or B.E.. You must appear for JEE Mains and Advance after 12th class. If you're able to clear these exams, you can definitely take admission in one of the famous Universities of India from where it'll be very easy for you to get a good job as a Civil Engineer.
I hope this information will be helpful for you.
Thank You....
3rd April 2019, 02:43 PM
Warrior6782
Senior Member+

Hi,

First of all try to crack entrance examination of AIEEE or IIT. These two entrance examinations will help you in getting the best engineering colleges in India and Seeking admission to course B.tech (bachelor of technology).

When you get admission in any of the reputed engineering college then choose "Civil" branch among all other available branches offered by B.Tech.
B.Tech (bachelor of technology), this degree will be of 4 years duration with 8 semesters and each semester of 6 months.
You should have an overall aggregate of 70% marks at the end of your B.tech to grab a good job in future and becoming a successful civil engineer.

Good luck
3rd April 2019, 06:52 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to become a civil engineer after completing 12th:-

Eligibility criteria:-
The candidate should have passed 12th with science stream (physics, chemistry, mathematics) from a recognised board.

Minimum 50% marks in 12th for general candidates.

If you want to do B.tech degree then you have a way. You can try for diploma in any college. After that you have chance for B.tech with lateral entry.

So you must join in any 3 year diploma course.
3rd April 2019, 07:28 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to become a civil engineer after 12th

No you cannot get admission after 12th directly but you want to join then you should go for Polytechnic from Civil then only you can get admission in civil engineering.
3rd April 2019, 08:55 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

In order to become a civil engineer, a candidate must have passed 12th standard with PCM stream from a recognised board and then he or she has to pursue Bachelor of Technology course in Civil Engineering from a recognised University.
3rd April 2019, 10:18 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Minimum qualification required to pursue BTech in civil engineering÷.

Aspirants must have passed 10 + 2 with PCM stream from a recognised board and has to qualify JEE Mains examination.
5th April 2019, 10:51 AM
Pagal ho kya
Senior Member+

To become a Civil Engineer, you are required to pursue B.E./B.Tech (Bachelor of Engineering/ Bachelor of Technology) degree course in Civil engineering.

Also, for pursuing B.E./B.Tech degree course in Civil engineering, you are required to have completed your Class 12th in Science stream with PCM group from a recognised board of education.

Further, to pursue degree course in Civil Engineering from top technical colleges in order to have better career prospects after completion of your degree course, you need to qualify entrance examinations such as JEE, State EEE/CET, BITSAT, VITEEE, SRMEEE, etc..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?