21st May 2012, 08:25 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear for NET or SET Exam having qualified MA in the year 2012?

My age is 36 .I qualified M.A in 2012. can i fight for NET/SET exam

21st May 2012, 02:32 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I appear for NET or SET Exam having qualified MA in the year 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Being an Post graduate candidate your Eligible to apply for NET Examination, Here i provide you the details regarding NET Examination please go through it .

NET stand for National Eligibility Test and this examination is organized by UGC ( University Grants Commission ) . If your aspiring to become an Lecturer then you should crack this NET Examination . NET Examination Mandatory to apply for Lecturer job .

Eligibility Criteria :-
------------------

Educational Qualification :- You should complete Master degree in any discipline ( M.com / MA etc..) with Minimum 55% percentage of marks from recognized university . Relaxation will applicable for sc/st candidates for 5% percentage of marks .

Note :- Final Year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination
------------

Age Limit :-
----------

For Junior Research Fellowship :- Your age should not more then 28 years and relaxation will given to sc/st candidates as well as obc candidates .

For Lectureship :- Not Age limit .

You have completed 36 Years age . So your not eligible for Research Fellowship . But your eligible for Lectureship . So, If your interested in Lectureship then your eligible for NET Examination .

NET Examination Pattern :-
--------------------------------

You may apply for this Examination in online , You may download the Examination application form fromt he Official website of UGC . The Examination fees for NET Examination Rs. 450 /- for General candidates , Rs. 225/- for OBC candidates and Rs. 110/- for SC/ST candidates .

The Notification for this Examination Published During the Month of March , Last date for Online Application during the Month of April , Date of Common Entrance Examination Held during the Month of December .

The Notification for this Examination Published in Employment news paper and Official website of UGC .

I have attach the Syllabus for UGC NET Examination , Please go through it ..
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UGC NET Exmaination Syllabus.pdf(769.0 KB, 55 views)
21st May 2012, 03:32 PM
taseer1991

Default Re: Can I appear for NET or SET Exam having qualified MA in the year 2012?

Yes Sir, you are 100% eligible for that

Your are appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying Master's Degree examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/Lectureship eligibility, only after they have passed the Master's Degree examination (or) equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PH/VH candidates) within one year from the date of UGC_NET examination under consideration.In case, these candidates fail to obtain their P.G. Degree/Mark-sheet within one year from the date of the relevant UGC_NET examination, they will be treated as disqualified.
21st May 2012, 05:53 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

you are eligible for the NET exam. The post graduation students are eligible for the NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility test. NET exam being conducted by UGC(Union Grant Commission).

The exam will be conducted for the award of Junior Research Fellowship(JRF) and also for eligibility into Lecture Ship.

Eligibility criteria:

Educational Qualification:

the should have completed the post graduation from any recognized university.

You have to score a minimum 55% of marks in their post graduation course in order to be eligible for this exam.

There is 5% marks relaxation for the sc/st categories.

Age limit:

there is no upper age limit for the candidate Lecture ship.

But the JRF candidates should be in the age limit between 19 to 28 years.

For more updated information visit the website

http://www.ugcnetonline.in/

all the best.
21st May 2012, 08:31 PM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

What is NET SET?
NET Stands for National Eligiblity Test and this examination was conducted by the UGC Twice in a year.

SET Stands for State Eligiblity Test and this examination was Conducted by
University Of Pune As a state Agency.

So, if you are Interested in Lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship Post then You need to cracked the NET/SET Examination.

The NET Examination was held in June and December every year.

who is eligible for net set?

>> To apply for NET/SET Examination you need to complete your Post Graduate degree course and you must have scored minimum 55% marks in your Post graduation.

>> Final year Post graduate candidates are also apply for NET/SET Examination, So Post graduation is the minimum eligibility to apply for NET/SET Examination.

>> And If any candidates failed to scored minimum 55% marks in his post graduation then they are not eligible to apply for NET/SET Examination.

You are advised to appear in NET Examination in the subject of their post-graduation only, Means you have to choose the subject in NET/SET as per the post graduation subjects.

>> There is No age restriction to apply for Lectureship post But for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) Your age should not be more than 28 years.

The examination fees of NET was Rs 450.
And the examination fees of SET was Rs 550.

The Notification of NET Examination was Not yet announced, So please wait because for December NET Examination Notification was going to be declared soon in the month of September.

>> But the Notification of SET Examination was Already Updates in the official website, the last date of apply for SET Examination was 14/Sep/2011.

And the Written examination of SET Was going to be held on 27/Nov/2011.

And candidates may fill the application form of NET/SET Online by visit the official website, The syllabus of NET/SET Was already availiable in the official website.

So please check the official website to get the complete Information about
NET/SET Examination -

http://setexam.unipune.ac.in

http://ugcnetonline.in
22nd May 2012, 11:15 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Yes post graduation students are eligible for NET(National Eligibility Test) exam.
You are a M.A post graduation student so you are eligible for NET exam.

NET exam is conducted by the UGC(University Grants Commission).
This is exam is conducted for two Junior Research Fellowship and Lecture ship.

Eligibility criteria for Junior Research Fellowship:

The candidate should be complete post graduation from a recognised university with atleast 50% marks.

5% of marks relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Age limits is 19 years to 28 years.

Eligibility criteria for Lectureship:

The candidate should be complete post graduation with atleast of 50% marks from a recognised university.

5% marks relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Candidate should be a citizen of india.

The minimum age limit is 19 years and there is no maximum age limit for this exam.

For more details visit

http://www.ugcnetonline.nic.in

All the best.
31st May 2012, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

I COMPLETED MY CHARTED ACCOUNTANCY C.A JAN 2012 CAN I APPEAR DIRECTLY IN NET/SET EXAMINATION.
6th June 2012, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

Is there any age upper limit for SET for lecturership ?
18th September 2012, 03:10 AM
Unregistered

what is the process to appear for set exam?
28th September 2012, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

iam a doctor with post graduate degree in homoeopathic medicine, from nashik university of health sciences. am i eligible for the netset exam?
13th April 2014, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

I am an M.A in Journalism and Mass Communication? I have plans for appearing in the Net Exam? If i qualify does that make me eligible for teaching positions in Colleges or Universities across India? Or should I go for a Phd Programme for better openings? I also need the classifications and rankings of the teaching positions?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?