11th September 2012, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for any defence job in officer rank after studying in class 11th commerce

sir Iam studying in class 11 commerce (commerce+maths). sir can I apply for any defence job in officer rank

7th May 2015, 11:58 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for any defence job in officer rank after studying in class 11th commerce

Yes you can join defense services as an officer but only in the field of Indian Army being a commerce student in your 12th standard .As for the wings Indian Navy and Indian Air force you are require to be a science stream student .

For joining in Indian Army as an officer you will have to first complete your higher secondary studies the have to clear the NDA examinations for which the necessary details are given here under :-

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and the same examination is held by Union Public Service Commission twice in each year once in the month of April called as NDA I and once in the month of September called as NDA II .

The eligibility criteria for this examination for the wing Indian Army are as :-

* You must be an unmarried male candidate .

* Your age must not be below 16,5 years and must not exceed 19 years .

* You must have done your 12th with any stream from a recognized board .

* You must be a citizen of India .

The examination is held in two phases which are as Written examination and Service Selection Board interview or which you will be available only if you clear the written examination .

For more details , notifications and applying for the same examination log on to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in .
8th May 2015, 06:33 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for any defence job in officer rank after studying in class 11th commerce

Yes you can join the Defence as an officer rank being a commerce student but you have to wait till your 12th. But it is necessary to have mathematics as main subject other than commerce.

You have the opportunity to go through the NDA entrance examination conducted by UPSC as NDA I in the month of April and for NDA II in September. The application form for the same are available in the month of January and July respectively.

The eligibility criteria for the examination is :-
* Candidates who have passed or pursuing +2 from a recognized board are eligible.
* Candidates must have Commerce and Mathematics as main subject for the Army and for the Navy and Air Force Physics and Mathematics is required.
* Candidates age must be between 16.5-19 years.

So if you fulfil the eligibility criteria you can apply on www.upsc.gov.in.

The examination is conducted in two stages as Written and as SSB. Only candidate who qualifies in the first stage ( Written) are eligible for the SSB.
8th May 2015, 11:06 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Yes, you can fulfill the dream of becoming army officer.

# You have to appear in National Defence Academy (NDA) Examination which is conducted by UPSC two times in a year.

# First of all, you have to complete the intermediate.

# Required eligibility criteria for NDA Examination:

* Must be 10+2 in any stream from any recognised board.

* Must be Indian citizen.

* Must be unmarried.

* Must be male. As females are strictly restricted to apply.

* Must be above the age of 16.5 years.

* Must below the age of 19 years.

* Must not have any criminal record. Must have moral character.

* Must have good physical, mental, physiologial and biological health.

* Must have eye sight of 6/6 in good eye and 6/9 in worse eye.

* Must not suffered from Colour Blindness, Night Blindness, Glucoma, Cataract etc.

* Must not have Knock Knee or Flat Feet.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?