14th August 2016, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for BTC or TET examination with 47% in graduation?

Well, I have passed my graduation with 47 percent in major subject and passed with 50 percent in pass course, now tell me that can I apply for BTC TET examination?

14th August 2016, 07:33 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for BTC or TET examination with 47% in graduation?

The minimum required percentage of marks to apply for BTC or TET is 50% marks in the qualifying degree.

Eligibility criteria to appear for the BTC exam :-

-The candidate should belongs to Uttar Pradesh state.

-The candidate should have passed graduation degree in any discipline with at least 50%(45% for SC/ST) marks from a government recognized university .

-The candidate having B.Ed. degree is also eligible to apply for the BTC.

-The candidate age limit should be from 18 years to 30 years to apply for BTC. The upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for candidates belonging to the OBC and SC/ST category .

UPTET stands for Uttar Pradesh Teachers’ Eligibility Test.

UPTET Entrance exam is divided into 2 papers. Paper 1 is for Primary Teacher (Class I to V) and paper 2 is for Upper Primary Teacher (Class VI to VII)

Eligibility criteria for UPTET exam :-

-The candidate must be an Indian .

-The candidate should possess two years diploma in special education (D.Ed) OR BTC training from Uttar Pradesh or four year diploma in elementary education with at least 50% marks in aggregate to apply for Primary Teacher.

-The candidate should possess graduation from a recognized university with one year degree in elementary education (B.El.Ed) OR BTC training from Uttar Pradesh OR two year program in diploma in BTC/CT (Nursery)/ NTT with at least 50% marks in aggregate to apply for Upper Primary Teacher.

-There is no age limit to apply for this exam .
14th August 2016, 10:13 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

** BTC is a Basic Training Certificate and TET is teacher eligibility test.

** For BTC or TET candidate should have graduation with Bachelor of Education with a minimum of 50%.

** As per my knowledge no you are not eligible for BTC or TET examination with 47% in graduation because for BTC or TET candidate should have graduation and Bachelor of Education with a minimum of 50%.
15th August 2016, 10:37 AM
kachhadiyasharda

You can apply for BTC & TET after completion of your bachelor's degree even though less than 50% in graduation. Some state boards don't have percentage criteria to apply for BTC or TET. You can apply for the same.

BTC : Basic Training Certificate
TET : Teacher Eligibility Test
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?