4th September 2018, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CDS recruitment exam being a Commerce with IP undergraduate?

Dear friends, I have taken Commerce with IP stream in my Graduation. I want to apply for CDS exam. So, can I be eligible to apply for this CDS recruitment exam? Please help me to know about this as soon as possible.

6th September 2018, 04:26 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CDS recruitment exam being a Commerce with IP undergraduate?

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services. CDS examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Being a commerce graduate, you are eligible for Indian Military academy and Officer's Training academy.

The minimum academic qualification required for CDS for IMA and OTA is bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. The age limit is 19-24 years and 19-25 years respectively.
6th September 2018, 11:25 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CDS recruitment exam being a Commerce with IP undergraduate?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in CDS examination. The examination is conducted by UPSC.

The examination is conducted in two stages. The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. As per the qualification you are only eligible for OTA and IMA.

Examination is conducted in two stages. So,you have to appear and qualify in examination for selection. For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
6th September 2018, 11:57 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

CDS ( Combined Defence Service ) examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year.

You are eligible for selection in Indian Army and Officer's Training Academy.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 20-24 years for IMA and 20-25 years for OTA.

The examination is conducted in two stages :-

Written.

SSB.

So, you have to appear and qualify in both stages for final selection. To get more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
7th September 2018, 12:17 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, graduate candidates in any stream are eligible to apply for CDS Exam.

Candidates can also apply for CDS Exam if they are final year of their graduation course.

To qualify CDS Exam, you will have to qualify these stages:
  • Written Exam
  • SSB Interview

To crack CDS exam, you can refer following books:
Pathfinder CDS Examination Conducted by UPSC
Arihant Experts, 2004

Mathematics For C.D.S.Entrance Exam
R.S. Aggarwal, 2011

Cds Exam Guide - Combined Defence Services Exam
Datason R P, 2007

Cds Exam Guide ( R-47)
R. Gupta's, 2011

CDS Combined Defence Services 5 Practice Sets Workbook
Disha Experts, 2017

Pathfinder CDS Examination Conducted by UPSC
Arihant 2017
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?