9th April 2022, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for government job after completion of 2nd year mechanical engineering?

Can I apply for government job after completion of 2nd year mechanical engineering?

10th April 2022, 07:24 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for government job after completion of 2nd year mechanical engineering?

You are not eligible to apply for those government jobs where the minimum required educational qualification is bachelor degree.

But eligible to apply for those jobs for which the required qualification is intermediate or equivalent qualification.
12th April 2022, 12:56 AM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for government job after completion of 2nd year mechanical engineering?

For core mechanical jobs , you need to prepare for GATE as most of the PSUs are recruiting through GATE.
Many also conduct their own exams like ISRO, NPCIL , BARC, RRB etc

Some of the job opportunities in Government sector are
Indian Railway
PSUs
UPSC
State Public Service
Professor in polytechnic/diploma and engineering colleges.

It's better to complete mechanical engineering first and then apply for jon
12th April 2022, 11:27 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for government jobs but only for which the required educational qualification is intermediate or equivalent qualification.

You can apply for jobs for which required eligibility is government jobs after completion of bachelor degree or in the final year for the course.
12th April 2022, 08:45 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for a government job in your final year but it depends on essential qualifications required by the government organization that is conducting recruitment. Some organization strictly prohibits final year candidates while some organizations allow with a constraint that written qualified candidate has to submit their degree at the time of the interview or document verification. Before applying for the government job you need to read the complete notification.

UPSC also allows final year students to appear in written examination and almost all PSU's which recruits through GATE allows final year students to appear in an interview if they secure the position in the list of candidates selected for the interview.
13th April 2022, 06:12 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

There are lots of options for you in government job.

If you are strong in your core subject then you can do jobs in core companies such as:-
NTPC
BPCL
HPCL
ONGC and many more.

But in my opinion you have to qualify the GATE exam with good score of getting a job in core companies.

If you are not too much strong in your core subjects then you can give other exam such as:-

IBPS PO
CLERK
SSC CGL
CHSL
FCI

The above mentioned exams are conducted every year and these are non tech exams that is the questions paper does not contain any questions from your engineering discipline.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?