27th February 2012, 12:20 AM
sarwansirat

Can I apply for IAS exam? I am 32 years old and I am from Jammu Kashmir state

can i apply for the ias exams as i am 32 years and is from jammu and kashmir state?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the upper age limit for IAS entrance exam? I belong to Jammu and Kashmir state
  2. To appear for AIPGEE should I register with medical council of Himachal Pradesh or Jammu and Kashmir?
  3. Is there any quota for candidates belonging to Jammu and Kashmir state in NDA or SSB entrance exam?
  4. Can I apply for KAS Exam being a candidate having completed Degree in Mumbai University but being a permanent resident of Jammu & Kashmir?
  5. Any way of entrance exams in Jammu and Kashmir for admission in Diploma?
  6. Can other state candidates give the civil services exam of Jammu and Kashmir?
  7. What is the fee of MBBS in the state of Jammu and Kashmir in government college?
  8. Date of Polytechnic exam? What is the date of submission of forms? I belong to Jammu and Kashmir State
  9. What is the eligibility for B.Ed exam in Jammu and Kashmir? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Criteria for Jammu and Kashmir students for admission in PG course?
  11. Where can I give engineering admission entrance test in J&K? Procedure for it? -- [New]
  12. How can I apply for B.Tech lateral entry? I am doing diploma from BGSBU in Jammu and Kashmir?
  13. Am I eligible for IAS exam? I am a 30 years old married woman, belong to Jammu & Kashmir and got married in HP
  14. What's the Age limit for nationalise Bank PO? When will the exam be held?
  15. Can I get NIT srinagar with AIEEE score of 91? I'm OBC candidate from Jammu and Kashmir
  16. Admission in B.Ed in Jammu Kashmir University after graduating 11 years back with 48%?
  17. How a Jammu & Kashmir migrant can apply for CET? How may I get the application forms for the same? I am staying at Blore
  18. How to get a job in banking sector?
27th February 2012, 08:44 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS exam? I am 32 years old and I am from Jammu Kashmir state

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarwansirat View Post
can i apply for the ias exams as i am 32 years and is from jammu and kashmir state?
It is possible only if you are belongs from SC/ST/OBC category because the the maximum age limit for IAS exam is 30 years for only general Category.Your age is now 32 years old.

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year through Civil Service Exam.So you must attend in CSAT exam.

Those candidate have completed graduation from recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.There is no marks criteria.

But your age should be in between 21 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

For General category candidate,age should be between 21 to 30 years
For OBC category candidates age should be between 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST category candidates age should be between 21 to 35 years.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

For more details about IAS exam click on the link www.upsc.gov.in

27th February 2012, 10:18 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS exam? I am 32 years old and I am from Jammu Kashmir state

You did not mention the category to which you belong. In fact, this is going to play an important role in your eligibility to IAS Exam.

For IAS, one should have to crack civil services examination being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

The selection procedure which a candidate has to go through for this is by
-Civil Services Aptitude Test
-CIvil Services Main Examination
-Interview.

Here is the required age criteria that a candidate should possess to be eligible for this exam.

-A candidate of OC category should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category and upto 10 years for the candidates with physical disabilities.

As per academic qualification,
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream to be eligible for this exam.
-Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation are also eligible to appear for this exam but they should be able to show the proof of passing in Graduation when they appear for Interview.

If you have completed Graduation or pursuing final year of Graduation and not from OC category, then you are eligible to appear for this exam.

The upcoming CSAT Exam is going to be conducted on 05-03-2012.

If you are interested, you can apply for this exam. The last date to apply for this exam is by 04-02-2012.

For more information on this exam, you can visit
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
27th February 2012, 10:38 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IAS exam at the age of 32 years and from Jammu & Kashmir if you would have fulfilled the condition as follows:-

The age limit for General category is 21 to 30 years.

If the candidate who had ordinarily been domiciled n the State of Jammu & Kashmir from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989 then the upper age will be relaxed up to 5 years and accordingly you may be eligible to apply for IAS exam at the age of 32 years.

IAS-INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE, to become an IAS officer you have to appear and crack the Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree from a recognised University in any stream can apply for Civil Service exam.

For more information you may log on to www.upsc.gov.in
27th February 2012, 11:19 AM
priyanka_22

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for IAS exam? I am 32 years old and I am from Jammu Kashmir state

Quote:

IAS (Indian Administrative Service ) this competitive exam is conducted by
UPSC refers to Union Public Service Commision.

They Recruit for services & posts under the Union through conduct of this competitive examinations.

Eligibility Criteria

As far as your query is concerned, you have crossed the age of 30 which is max. of age limit for a General Candidate to appear in this exam.

One must possess the Indian Nationality,

secondly if you are able to produce a domicile of J & K as you said you are resident of Jammu and Kashmir, then the age limit for such candidate is increased to 5 years on max . i.e you can appear upto year of 35.

Congratulation, that you are still in the age limit to appear for the Exam.

Wish you best luck. So start preparing.
27th February 2012, 12:06 PM
aloly

hi
The Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility
conditions for admission to examination. Their admission to all the stages of the
examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility
conditions.
Mere issue of admission certificate to the candidate will not imply that his/her
candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission.
Commission take up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original
documents only after the candidate has qualified for Interview/Personality Test
27th February 2012, 12:10 PM
amit_shelu

Quote:
Distinction of the eligibility for IAS is based on the category you belongs to
Eligibility
1. Must be graduate in any stream.
2. Age limit is 21 to 30 years. Age relaxation for upper age limit is 3 years for OBC,
5 years for SC/ST and 10 years for Physically Handicapped.
3. You must qualify both preliminary and Main exam.
4. General candidate can attempts 4 times, OBC can attempt 7 times and SC/ST
can attempt any number of times.

Hope this will be helpful for you.
All the best.
27th February 2012, 12:33 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

hao friend ,
Eligibility for IAS Exam :

Age limit :
general candidates - 21 - 30 years
OBC candidates - 21 - 33 years
SC/ST candidates - 21 - 35 years
PWD candidates - 21 - 35 years

so you are not insert cast details

For more details see below website
http://www.upsc.gov.in
27th February 2012, 12:38 PM
Syedsam01
Member+

Dear Friend,
The following are the different age relaxations for civil service exam or IAS by UPSC...
The minimum age for all is 21 years and maximum age for General is is 30 years
The upper age limit will be relaxable as

(i) upto a maximum of 5 years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.

(ii) upto a maximum of 3 years in the case of candidates belonging to OBC(Other Backward Classes) who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.

(iii) upto a maximum of 5 years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.
I hope it will help You, Best of luck.
27th February 2012, 06:13 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
Friend If you are form ST/SC category then you are eligible for I.A.S. exam...

After graduation you can apply for I.A.S exam.

I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Age should be in between 21-30 year. For ST/SC candidate age should be in between 21-33 year.

CIVIL SERVICES EXAM., 2012
Date of notification:-04.02.2012
Last Date of receipt of form:- 05.03.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam(Preliminary):- 20.05.2012(SUNDAY)
Date of exam(Mains):- 05.10.2012(FRIDAY)

You can apply online or offline.
The Form cost is just 50 Rs.
For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
28th February 2012, 05:35 PM
ankitch29

the age relaxation is for only those who belong to sc, st catagory otherwise u had crossed ur age limits
18th April 2012, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

i was born in 1985 at Anantnag(jammu and kashmir)so what is age limit for me ias exams.further iam a postgraduate student
29th April 2012, 10:44 AM
climber
Senior Member+

dear friend,
IAS stands for indian administrative service.which is conducted by UPSC every year.
the eligibility criteria for IAS is:

you must be graduation degree of any stream from any recognized university

AGE limit:
21-30years for general candiates
-->>21-33years for OBC
-->>21-35years for SC/ST/physically hanicapped
your did not mentioned your cast.please tell me first that one...........

all the best..............
10th July 2012, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

what is the criteria for IPS
6th November 2012, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IAS exam in 2013/ my age will be 34 years in jan 2013....and i am domiciled in J&K....
8th November 2012, 10:42 PM
sah.alok

well yes if you have proof that you live in jammu and kashmir then yes,because the domicile of jammu and kashmir has 5 year age relaxation on upper age
the eligibility criteria for applying for ias are
1)minimum qualification-graduation in any discipline that is any stream
and there is no minimum percentage require
2)age limit-21 to 30 years,21-33 years,21-35 years for sc/st
3)number of attempts 4-for general category,7-obc,unlimited-sc/st.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?