31st July 2021, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IMA exam having done BA from Open university?

Sir I am BA student I have interest in Indian Army but sir my education BA open university, I can apply for this exam IMA may dream I am confused sir

31st July 2021, 10:03 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IMA exam having done BA from Open university?

CDS examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year for recruitment in IMA, IAF or INA.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 19-24 years.

Examination is conducted in two stages and candidates have to appear and qualify in both stages for final selection. For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st July 2021, 10:09 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IMA stands for Indian Military Academy and to join the same you are required to qualify the Combined Defense Services Examination held twice every year by UPSC.

Further, the basic education required for joining IMA by qualifying CDS examination is a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, having completed your Bachelor of Arts degree course even in Distance mode of education, you are eligible for joining IMA, if your university is approved by UGC and DDE for offering degree courses in distance mode of education.
31st July 2021, 10:33 PM
honeyroy
Senior Member+++++

Yes, You can apply for IMA exam having done BA from Open University.

Degree from open university which is approved from UGC is totally acceptable.

You can be Officer in Indian Army through CDS examination only.

You have to apply for CDS examination conducted by UPSC .

You have to clear written, SSB interview and medical examination in order to secure position.
3rd August 2021, 12:57 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Fore recruitment in IMA, candidates have to appear and qualify in CDS examination.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The examination is conducted in two stages - Written and SSB.

You are eligible to apply for the examination but will become eligible to join after qualifying in both stages. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
4th August 2021, 03:52 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join IMA (Indian Military Academy) even having completed your B.A. (Bachelor of Arts) degree course from open university provided your university is approved for offering distance education degree course and you satisfy other eligibility conditions.

Also, to join IMA, you will need to qualify the CDS (Combined Defense Services) Examination held by UPSC twice every year and for details regarding the same examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?