29th October 2019, 11:26 AM
Balraj bhande

Can I apply for IPS examination on the basis of 10th Board result?

Hi all, I am Balraj Bhande from Maharashtra. I have completed 10th with 71%. I want to be an IPS Officer. So, what should I do for that? What should I do after 10th? Should I continue with 11th and 12th or can I directly apply for IPS exam now?

2nd November 2019, 02:49 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IPS examination on the basis of 10th Board result?

To be an Indian Police Service (IPS) officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held once every year by UPSC.

The minimum education required to apply for the Civil Services examination is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university. Students pursuing final year of their degree course are also eligible.

So, having just completed your Class 10th board examination, you are not eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination and therefore to become an IPS officer at this stage.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
3rd November 2019, 06:14 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to apply for the post of IPS officer after the completion of you 10th class. A candidate can apply for the post of IPS after the completion of graduation through Civil service Examination.
This examination is conducted by the UPSC every year for the selection of candidates for the post of IPS or IAS.

Eligibility criteria:-
The candidates should have passed graduation degree from a recognised University.
Those who appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for the Civil Service examination.

Age limit:-
Candidate applying for the Civil Service Examination should have age between 21 to 30 years. Relaxation in age is given to reserved category candidates.

For more information on Civil Service Examination, you can also visit at the below below
www.upsc.gov.in
3rd November 2019, 09:13 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

After 10th you are not eligible for IPS officer, because the minimum education qualification is graduation.

IPS( Indian Police Service) exam is conducted by UPSC( Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.

Eligibility criteria:-
You should be completed graduation from a recognised University.
Percentage is not required for this exam.
You should be a citizen of India.
Being a final year candidates are eligible for IPS exam.

Age criteria:-
For general candidates 21 years to 30 years For OBC candidates 21 to 30 years
For SC / ST candidates 21 to 35 years .

Number of attempts:-
For general category - 4 times
For OBC - 7 times
SC / ST category - No limit

Selection procedure:-
Preliminary exam
Main exam
Personal interview

Official website of UPSC
http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?