29th October 2019, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Air Force with 12th from Commerce stream?

Hi, I have completed my 12th Board exams from Commerce stream. Am I eligible to join Indian Air Force? If not, then what should I study to join Indian Air Force?

2nd November 2019, 03:10 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Air Force with 12th from Commerce stream?

Having completed your Class 12th in Commerce stream, you are eligible to join Indian Air force as Airmen Y group provided you hold the following qualifications :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must lie within 17 years to 21 years.

* You must have completed your Class 12th in any discipline with at least 50% marks overall from a recognised board. Also, you must have studied English in your Class 12th and managed at least 50% marks in the same.

* You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

So, having completed your Class 12th in Commerce stream, you are eligible for Airmen group Y recruitment on the educational requirement ground if your overall marks in your Class 12th is 50%. Also, you must have managed at least 50% marks in English as well in your Class 12th examination.

For details and updates regarding Indian Airforce Airmen recruitment, you can refer to the link www.cdac.airmenselection.gov.in while for various career options available in Indian Air force, you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
3rd November 2019, 05:40 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

After completing 12th with commerce stream, you are not eligible to apply for the Indian Air force examination.

Eligibility criteria:-
The candidates should have passed 12th with the subject of Physics and Mathematics from a recognised board.

Age limit is between 16.5 to 19 years

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for this examination.

The applicant who are appearing in the final year of degree courses may also eligible to apply.

If you want to join Indian Air Force, then you have to qualify the National Defence Academy examination.
NDA stands for National Defence Academy examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year as mainly NDA 1 and NDA 2.

If you need details regarding for this examination, visit official website www.upsc.gov.in.
3rd November 2019, 09:03 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

After passing 12th with commerce stream you are not eligible for Indian Air Force.
For joining Indian Air Force you have to qualify for National Defence Academy.
NDA exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.
Eligibility criteria :=
pass 12th from a recognised University
Age limit is between 16.5 to 19 years
Must be citizen of India
Medically fit

Selection procedure:-
Written exam
Interview
Medical exam

For more details log onto www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?