2nd August 2012, 02:42 PM
bisnugo

Can I apply for Job Opportunities before I get my Degree?

i am bisnu gopal ghosh,4th yrs student ,i want to apply for job,[7th semester],can i apply a job before get degree?

2nd August 2012, 05:39 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Job Opportunities before I get my Degree?

Which you are you doing. Please provide more information if you want more accurate and specific answer. Since you are in fourth year I may assume you are doing B.Tech/B.Pharma course.

To answer your question, yes you can get job before getting the degree through the on campus placement. Several companies visit colleges around India and interview students for possible job. After looking into your academic performance followed by an interview, you may be offered a job. However please remember that you can only join such jobs after completing the graduation.

This is very common these days. Once you will finish the course, you can join the company. This is called on campus placement. Several big and small companies in India offer jobs through this way. This is not just limited to B.Tech. It is offered to candidates from different courses. One of the companies to offer a lot of jobs this way is Infosys. This IT company is always on the hunt for Electronics and Communication Engineers.

So check with your college, I am sure several companies must be visiting your college every year to offer final year students jobs.

Alternatively there are several govenment jobs where you can apply for before completing the required eligibility course. However you are required to appear in entrance exam to get such jobs. If you pass the entrance exam and successfully complete the graduation course, you would be eligible for the job.

These exam are:

IAS - Civil Service Examination

IPS - Civil Service Examination

NET

You must remember that entrance exams like IAS, NET etc are highly competitive and not everyone manages to crack these exams. It is always advised to take professional coaching to be better prepared.
2nd August 2012, 06:10 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

You have not mention about your year in which you are and branch.

I am assuming that you are in final year then,

Yes, ofcurse you can apply for a job at campus interview and also some where else which is being advertised in newspaper or news.

For that you have to daily contact with newspaper or newschannel or carrier magazine etc.

The placement or selection is based on privious 6 semester results or it may depend on compny's choice.

All the best
2nd August 2012, 08:10 PM
bhargavipooja

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for Job Opportunities before I get my Degree?

[SIZE=5][SIZE=5]hi friend,
final year students in b-tech, b-pharm, bsc agriculture, bsc horticulture can get jobs through campus placements.....
for b-tech students can get private and governament jobs,There are many jobs are available
in government sector for B-tech final years students,you want to get a jobs in Goverment sector,
you are qualifying the many examinations, you will have to apply the PSU or UPSC or RAILWAY
or BANKING sectors GATE EXAM or Air Force or NAVY or INDIAN ARMY or BSNLor JTO etc ....
and you can do partime jobs in the final year of your course..

ALL THE BEST...
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=5][SIZE=5] 

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
12th June 2013, 09:14 AM
Paliyal79

Hi friend
you are not mention the required information that i can give you a accurate answer.
I assume that you have the B.tech degree.
With your B.tech degree,you can apply for many jobs.
You can apply in defence for the officer line by giving the exam of CDS, AFCAT etc.
You can also apply for the CSE.
IPS, IAS etc are many exam are given by you.
Also, you can get the job in many Multinational companies.
But for this you have required minimum 60% marks in your B.tech degree.
GOOD LUCK
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?