28th August 2017, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for loco pilot exam after completion of 10th and diploma course?

Can I apply for the loco pilot exam after completion of 10th and diploma course? Can you please provide me the details on the same? What are the minimum criteria required? Can someone please provide me the information soon as possible? Thank you!

29th August 2017, 10:42 AM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for loco pilot exam after completion of 10th and diploma course?

Yes, being a diploma holder you are eligible to apply for Loco Pilot exam. You have to meet some more eligiblity criteria as mentioned below:

- Candidate's age must not be less than 18 years and maximum age limit is 30 years.
- You must have to meet the medical standards as per the prescribed norms.

After clearing the eligiblity criteria, you have to clear the written test followeed by interview and finally medical test.
29th August 2017, 01:16 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for loco pilot exam after completion of 10th and diploma course?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in entrance examination conducted by RRB for recruitment in Indian Railway as loco pilot.

The required minimum qualification to appear in examination is :-

Candidate must have passed 10th and have ITI or diploma degree from a recognised institute.

The age limit is 18-30 years with relaxation in upper limit for reserved category.

So, you can appear in examination and after qualifying in all stages of examination will be eligible for final selection.

For more information about examination visit at www.rrb.gov.in.
29th August 2017, 02:05 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

You have study diploma in electrical / mechanical automobile/ electrical engineering to become eligible for loco pilot job in Indian Railways.

Merely, class 10th will not be enough to make you eligible for this post.

Age limit is between in 17 to 21 years.

Selection will be based on the performance in written exam and interview.
29th August 2017, 02:08 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

To become a loco pilot you need to give the RRB exam.

To give the exam you need to be a 10th pass out and you should have completed your ITI in any trade from a recognised University.

If you have a diploma degree in mechanical / automobile / electrical or electronics then also you can apply for this exam and your age should be in between 18 to 30 years.

However there is age relaxation for the SC / ST and OBC category.
29th August 2017, 02:09 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification required for assistant loco pilot is 10th standard and must have completed the ITI in any specific trade to apply for this post. Minimum age is 18 years. Maximum age is 30 years for general category candidates and relaxation is given to OBC / SSC / SC candidates. Candidates who completed the diploma in Engineering also eligible.
29th August 2017, 02:31 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely one who has completed 10th standard as well as ITI or diploma is eligible to apply for Railway Recruitment Board examination for the post of loco pilot. Minimum age to apply for this exam is 18 years and maximum should not exceed 20 years whereas relaxation in a price limit is provided to reserved students.
29th August 2017, 02:44 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for loco pilot but after completing the 10th or diploma you need to complete an ITI course. The full details about eligibility are mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should have done their 10th or diploma or equivalent education in any discipline from any recognized board.
- The candidate should have done an ITI course in any related trade like mechanical/ electrical/ automobile and etc.
- The candidates who have done their diploma in engineering are also eligible for applying.
- The age should be between 18 - 30 years. There is age relaxation for SC/ ST candidates.

After getting certified in the ITI course, you need to wait for the notifications of loco pilot by RRB. You need to apply for the post.
The selection will be done on the basis of written test and a personal interview performance.
29th August 2017, 03:43 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for loco pilot exam after completion of 10th and diploma course.

The examination for Loco pilot is conducted by RRB (railway recruitment board).

Eligibility criteria required to become Loco Pilot in Indian Railways are as under :-

-The candidate must have passed 10th/equivalent and should have done ITI from a recognized university or 12th or diploma in engineering in electrical /mechanical / electronics /automobile engineering.

-The candidate age should be in between 18-30 years. There will be relaxation is in age limit as per the government rules.

-The selection is done through written exam followed by the PET and medical test for the qualified candidates.
29th August 2017, 05:24 PM
sanju0770

Hello friend,

First of all let me inform you that you have to be at least 10th class pass to become eligible for the exam of Assistant Loco Pilot. Railway never recruits directly for the post of Loco Pilot. Though the advertisement says that they have vacancies for Loco Pilot but still they recruit for Assistant Loco Pilot only.

Eligibility is as follows : -

1. 10th Class pass
2. Diploma in ITI
3. Age 18-25

Exam Pattern -

CBT (Computer based test)
Skill test
Interview
Medical

You can apply for the same on the recruitment website of the respective railway board.

Hope it will help
29th August 2017, 06:26 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Railway Recruitment board conducts entrance exam for Locopilot in Indian Railways. The eligibility criteria for Locopilot exam is:

>>Candidate must have done 10th and ITI in any discipline or diploma from a recognized board. You have done 10th and diploma, so you can apply for Locopilot exam.

>>The age limitations for general category candidate is 18-30 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.
29th August 2017, 08:16 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

RRB ( Railway Recruitment Board ) conducts entrance examination for Loco Pilot jobs.

The required qualification to appear in examination is candidate must have passed 10th and then diploma or ITI degree from a recognised institute.

The age limit is 18-30 years.

So, you are eligible to appear in examination. The examination is conducted in written and interview stages with required physical standard.

For more information about examination visit at www.rrb.gov.in.
29th August 2017, 08:24 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after Diploma course you can apply for Loco pilot vacancy of Railways.

If you had pursued Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical, then you are eligible for Loco Pilot post.

In addition, if you have done ITI course in Electrician or Fitter, then also you are eligible for Loco Pilot Exam.

You must have atleast 18 years of age and maximum 30 years of age to apply for Loco Pilot exam.

Selection for this post is based on Written Exam followed by Personal Interview.

Reserved category candidates will get relaxation in age and marks.
29th August 2017, 10:20 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for loco pilot examination after completion of your 10th standard and Diploma course. Candidates who have passed ITI/ Diploma in Electronics/ Electrical/ Mechanical/ Automobile Engineering course from a Government recognised institution are eligible to apply for loco pilot examination. The age criteria required to apply for loco pilot examination is 18 to 28 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?