22nd January 2010, 09:27 PM
Nilam dhondiram bodake

Can I apply for MCA entrace in pune university? I have maths in 10+2 but commerce side

I m studying in BCA 6th sem.I would like to apply Pune university MCA entrace exam.I have maths in 10+2 but commerce side.can I apply.

Related Questions:
23rd January 2010, 09:04 AM
ROHIT KUNDLIYA
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I apply for MCA entrace in pune university? I have maths in 10+2 but commerce side

Hi
yes you can apply for mca on the basis of your bca percentages and cet exam
all the best
23rd January 2010, 10:54 AM
sumitkumarinmit

Default Re: Can I apply for MCA entrace in pune university? I have maths in 10+2 but commerce side

yes you can apply just fill in the university form and secure above 55% in bca ygpa..........
23rd January 2010, 07:53 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

Eligibility Criteria:

To apply for MCA entrance a candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in science(or BCA) with Maths at 10+2 level and for MSc.(Computer Science) a candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. Those in the final year of their graduation can also apply.

How to apply for MCA Entrance:

To apply for MCA candidates have to apply online through the website cs.unipune.ernet.in. Whenever the admission portal opens the candidates have to fill in the required details. The payment can be done through credit card/demand draft.
24th January 2010, 11:32 AM
sravankumar akabilvam

no you are not eligible for MCA u should deffinately have maths back ground.. you are eligible to apply for MBA programme
25th January 2010, 10:16 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Sorry,dear you are not eligible for it.

Having maths as one of main subject in 10+2 level is mandatory for persuing MCA from pune university.

So,you can not apply for it.

However,you can enroll for M.sc (IT,computer science).

Best of luck.
26th January 2010, 02:57 PM
priya143

hi,

this is the details of MCA admission in pune university:

1.Pune University MCA Entrance is specifically conducted for admission to Full time courses conducted at Department of Computer Science University of Pune only.
2.50% seats of the overall sanctioned intake capacity are reserved for reserved category students from the Maharashtra State.
3Students are advised to follow the instructions about the Entrance Examination on this webpage only and any other information may not be entertained on the department office telephone.

Eligibility Criteria for Pune University MCA :

For MCA Programs
Any Science Graduate with Mathematics at 10+2 Level

for more information:

http://www.unipune.ernet.in/
26th January 2010, 02:59 PM
priya143

hi,

this is the details of MCA admission in pune university:

1.Pune University MCA Entrance is specifically conducted for admission to Full time courses conducted at Department of Computer Science University of Pune only.
2.50% seats of the overall sanctioned intake capacity are reserved for reserved category students from the Maharashtra State.
3Students are advised to follow the instructions about the Entrance Examination on this webpage only and any other information may not be entertained on the department office telephone.

For MCA Programs

for more information:

http://www.unipune.ernet.in/
26th January 2010, 06:40 PM
edward
Top Answerer

yes you can apply for MCA but before that you have to do BCA or any other diploma/degree from science or commerce side as its eligibility is diploma/degree so is suggest you to complete your diploma/degree then think about it.
28th January 2010, 08:18 PM
Senior Member+++

if you go for direct admission to MCA after 12th then you need to have maths as compulsory subject .if you first go for BCA then in ip university you dnt need maths as main subject
30th March 2010, 10:38 PM
bond007
Senior Member++

ya sure you can apply for the mca entrance exam in pune university......but you must have scored at least 60% in BCA.....
31st March 2010, 01:36 AM
gautam d wonder lover
Senior Member++

For MCA Programs

for more information:

http://www.unipune.ernet.
31st March 2010, 03:30 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

yes you are eligible ....
if you have 60% marks in your BCA...
so prepare well ..
i think you do MCA in good institutes ...
you prepare for IIT JAM exams..
.eligibility is ..
Bachelor's degree with Geology as a subject for three years/six semesters and any two subjects among Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biological Science. The candidate must have Mathematics at (10+2) level...
good luck...
31st March 2010, 05:02 AM
mike shinoda back
Senior Member++

dear friend
to know about the eligibility criteria visit
http://www.winentrance.com/mca_entrance_exam/pune_university/Pune-University.html
all the best
2nd June 2010, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply for MCA entrace in pune university? I have maths in 10 2 but commerce side

Can I apply for MCA entrace in pune university? I have maths in bca but 10 2 without math science side
2nd June 2010, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply for MCA entrace in pune university? I have maths in 10 2 but commerce side

Can I apply for MCA entrace in pune university? I have maths in bca but 10 2 without math science side
15th July 2010, 01:21 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Yes you are eligible for taking admission in MCA in the Pune university ,having maths in the +2 level is compulsory and you have the maths in the +2 level .

So you are eligble for the exam.

All the best.
16th July 2010, 12:29 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

sorry friend you are not eligiable for doing mca.as for doing mca 10+2 science background is essential.and after science graduation you can do mca.

all the best......
13th August 2010, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for MCA entrance in pune univercity?I complited my graduation in mathematics
15th August 2010, 02:19 AM
Unregistered

i complete 10 2 with maths i m doing bca2nd sem .in bca maths is must for mca in pune univercity.what can i do plz help me?can i take multimedia in bca2nd sem.?
15th September 2010, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for mca i have bachelor degree in science with 48% marks?please suggest me the institute.
8th January 2011, 08:53 PM
leenabati sankhua

Exclamation Re: Can I apply for MCA entrace in pune university? I have maths in 10 2 but commerce side

Can I apply for MCA entrace in pune university? I have maths in bca but 10 2 without math arts side.plz help me
8th January 2011, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for mca entrace in pune university? I have maths in bca but 2 without math arts side.............plz help me
15th January 2011, 10:55 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hiii,,,

To apply for MCA entrace in pune university, a candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in science(or BCA) with Maths at 10+2 level (Those in the final year of their graduation can also apply).

Good luck
27th January 2011, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

I am in final year BCA from BMCC college. I have passed 10 2 with science and math. Am I eligible to take admission in MCA Pune university.

UTSAV
28th January 2011, 08:26 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Hello Friend

Sorry yo say that you are not eligible for this.Because you have no MATHS in your commerce which is necessary to take admission in pune university.

Best of luck..
28th January 2011, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for MCA entrance in pune university?i m in bca last year and 10 2 level bacground is commerce side?i hav not maths subject in bca also.
28th January 2011, 06:45 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible for the MCA entrance exam.
Here i am providing you the full details regarding the MCA entrance exam in Pune university.

Date of Exam : 27th March,2011
last date of online application ; 25th March, 2011

Eligibility :
- Any science graduate with Mathematics at 10+2.

The cost of application form is Rs.575/- for general category
and it is Rs.475/- for reserved category.
27th February 2011, 08:08 AM
Unregistered

i have ATKT in 5th sem of TYbsc IT...can i apply for MCA..what are the passing requirement for MCA
27th February 2011, 08:30 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

PU MCA -- it is the entrance exam for MCA in Pune university.

the date of exam is 27th March, 2011.

Last date of submitting online application form is 5th March, 2011

apply here: http://www.unipune.ac.in/

Those who have maths in +2 and have completed their graduation or in the final year of their graduation are eligible for MCA.

Those who did not have maths in +2 (either from science, commerce or arts background) can not apply for any MCA entrance exam.
2nd March 2011, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

i have ATKT in 5th sem of TYbsc IT...can i apply for MCA..what are the passing requirement for MCA ?
4th February 2012, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

How many seats for general candidates who are not from Maharashtra ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?