1st July 2012, 01:17 AM
manishankarias

Can I apply for NET exam in Geography Subject after passing MSc Geography?

I have passed M.Sc GEOGRAPHY with my Under Graduation is B.SC MATHEMATICS. Can I apply for NET exam in Geography subject?

7th July 2012, 12:25 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NET exam in Geography Subject after passing MSc Geography?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishankarias View Post
I have passed M.Sc GEOGRAPHY with my Under Graduation is B.SC MATHEMATICS. Can I apply for NET exam in Geography subject?
IF you have completed your Post graduate degree course in Geography with minimum 55% marks then definitely you are eligible to apply for NET Examination and choose Geography a your subject.

NET stands for National Eligibility test and this examination is conducted twice by UGC(university grant commission). The examination is conducted in June and December Every year, for this year JUNE NET Examination was already completed and if you have missed to apply for June NET then please wait for December NET Examination Notification.

You have to attained the age of 19 years to apply for NET Examination, there is no upper age restrictions to apply for Lectureship post, but for Junior Research fellowship post, your age should not be more than 28 years.

There are three papers in NET Examination and all are Objective, no descriptive papers in NET Examination. All 3 papers of NET will be held in same day in 2 session, First paper is compulsory for all candidates and other 2 papers are from subject knowledge.

If your post graduate degree course is complete then please wait for December NET Examination notification, final year appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for NET Examination. So, please visit the official website and download the papers and syllabus and keep start Practicing, only then you are eligible for this examination and if you need more information then please check official website.

http://www.ugcnetonline.in
7th July 2012, 12:31 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NET exam in Geography Subject after passing MSc Geography?

Yes you are eligible to give the UGC NET Exam.

For giving UGC NET u need to have a master Degree with minimum 55% of marks.

You can choose any subject from your master degree.UGC NET consists of three papers
>General studies
>Your optional paper-objective questions
>Your optional paper-subjective questions

Age limit:-

For junior research fellowship the maximum age should be 28 years.
For lectureship there is no upper age limit.

UGC New Net exam pattern:-

UGC Net Paper I:-

The first paper is teacher/research aptitude which will have 60 questions out of which you have to attempt 50 questions.
Each question carries two marks each.
This paper will test your comprehensive skills and reasoning ability.
Time duration:- 1.25 hours.

UGC NET Paper II:-

The second paper is of subject knowledge.
There will be total 50 questions and all of them are compulsory questions.
Each question carries 2 marks each.
You will get questions from subject you have chosen.
Time duration:- 1.25 hours.

UGC NET Paper III:-

The third paper is of subject knowledge.
All total there will be 75 questions. All of them are compulsory questions.
Each question carries 2 marks.
You will get questions from subjects you have chosen.
Time duration:- 2 and 1/2 hours.

For more information log onto this website:- http://www.ugcnetonline.in
20th July 2012, 12:38 AM
Unregistered

I have B.Sc. in Physics and M.Sc. in Geoinformatics currently teaching in P.G level students, for Geoinformatics subject there is no NET EXAM and according to UGC, NET is not required such subjects for which no net exam is taken.Then whats the option for me in future....
15th November 2012, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Can i Apply for Education as a subject for Net exam, as I have Masters in Social Work as my subject for masters and not education
26th January 2013, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

I have passed m.sc. Maths i want to fill ugcnet form which subject i will choose
20th March 2014, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

what is the Uphesc assistant proffessor geography syllabus plz tell me? Rahul yadav.
5th November 2016, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

I have completed msc from geography as a subject can I eligible for apply of net exam in environment as a particular subject
6th November 2016, 06:01 PM
manjunath r n

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishankarias View Post
Dear Aspirant,

With your present qualifications, you are definitely eligible to take up NET exam. NEST exam is conducted for selecting candidates for Lectureship and JRF (PhD). If you are applying for Lectureship, then you have no age bar, but if you are trying for PhD, then the maximum age for giving the exam is 28yrs. So plan accordingly and give the exam. T
All the best
8th July 2017, 02:08 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I need to ask that ..i have completed my graduation in BA(H) geography and now i am looking for MA/Msc in geography ..if i will do that from a private university will it be ok??
Or there is any disadvantage of doing it from the private university?
1st September 2017, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NET exam in Geography Subject after passing MSc Geoinfoematics?
25th November 2017, 05:50 PM
nishanth60

#You are definitely eligible to apply for NET examination.
#NET(National Eligibility Test) is conducted by University Grants Commission twice every year to select the candidates for JRF & LS.
#The minimum educational qualification required to apply for NET examination is Master degree with 55 percentage for General category and OBC candidates & 50 percentage for SC/ST and PHD candidates.
#The maximum age limit for Junior Research fellowship is 28 years and for Lectureship, there is no maximum age limit.And the age relaxation is 5 years for OBC,SC/ST , female candidates.
#For selected candidates,UGC pays a fellowship of 25000/- per month under JRF.
26th November 2017, 10:10 AM
srkallinone

Yes. You can appear the NET exam after completion of M.Sc (Geography). NET is the national level examination conducted by CBSE for scrutinizing the expertise knowledge of Lecturer/Professor/Associate/Research Fellow etc.

Eligibility For NET In Geography
- You must have passed or appearing final year of M.Sc (Geography) or M.A.(Geography) with at least 55% aggregate marks from a recognized university.
- Age Limit is 28 years for JRF (Junior Research Fellow) and No limit for Lecturership.

NET Syllabus For Geography
- Geomorphology
- Climatology
- Oceanography
- Bio-Geography
- Geographical Thought
- Settlement Geography
- Economic Geography
- Political Geography
- Social Geography
- Regional Geography
- Geography of India
- Cartography
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?