16th September 2012, 08:59 PM
hibahmd3

Can I apply for UGC NET exam under the subject physical sciences

My bachelor degree is Physics and master degree is Electronics.Can I apply for the UGC NET exam under the subject PHYSICAL SCIENCES? Kindly reply immediately as it is already too late to apply.

9th October 2012, 07:14 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for UGC NET exam under the subject physical sciences

No you can not do that. It is not for the candidate to decide the subject. It depends on the post graduation subject of the candidate. For example if you have completed MCA, or Master course is computers then your subject would be Computer Science and Application.

Similarly in your case since you have completed post graduation in Electronics, your subject for NET exam would be Electronics Science.

This would be your subject when applying for the NET exam. The next exam would take place in December for which notification from University Grants Commission is expected somewhere in this month.

After the notification you would be able to apply for the NET exam through the official website for UGC-NET. If you are interested in appearing for the exam in December then I would suggest that you start preparing immediately as 2 months are not enough.

Eligibility

1. You must be Indian citizen to appear for NET.

2. Must complete post graduation degree from a UGC recognized university.

3. At least 55 percent marks in post graduation.

4. SC/ST need to secure 50 percent marks.

5. Final year candidates of post graduation are also eligible to apply.

6. The age limit for JRF is 28 years.

7. There is no upper age limit for Lectureship. The lower age limit is 19 years.

8. You are free to appear for NET as many times as you would like.
20th March 2014, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

I have a masters in Psychology can I appear for Human Resource Management (CODE 55) in UGC NET?
4th November 2014, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

I have done pg in physics. Can I apply for cbse net exa
m in electronic science?
9th November 2016, 01:59 AM
Unregistered

My post graduation is in physics , please tell me i am eligible for which stream for UGC exam ? (I cant find physical sciences in the option).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?