16th October 2019, 09:18 PM
Sachin chikan

Can I apply for UPSC being in 2nd year of Graduation?

Hi, I am pursuing my 2nd year of Bachelor's of Management Studies. So, can I apply for UPSC examination while continuing my Graduation or do I need to complete my Graduation first?

20th October 2019, 01:09 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for UPSC being in 2nd year of Graduation?

If you want to appear in Civil Service examination, then you are not eligible to appear in the 2nd year of bachelor degree.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. Candidates pursuing in the final year of bachelor degree can apply for the examination.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
20th October 2019, 06:15 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to appear in Civil Service examination or other examination conducted by UPSC for which the required minimum qualification is bachelor degree.

Only candidates in the final year of bachelor degree can apply for the appearing in the examination.

So, you will become eligible to apply for the examination in the final year of the course.
21st October 2019, 06:48 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot appear. Firstly you need a degree to sit in UPSC civil services examination.
For giving UPSC civil services you have to 21 before sitting in prelims so while you are in second year you are of only 18-19 years.
21st October 2019, 09:56 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No, after your graduation complete you can apply for UPSC civil services. More information you can contact us on - 991 315 3337.
21st October 2019, 11:03 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The minimum education required to apply for the Civil Services examination popularly known as UPSC examination is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university. Students pursuing final year of their graduation degree course are also allowed to appear in the same examination.

So, it is evident from the above fact, that being a student of second year of a bachelor degree course, you are not eligible to apply for the Civil Services examination at this stage. But, you can apply for the same once you get into the final year of your graduation degree course.

For more details regarding the same examination, you can refer to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
22nd October 2019, 05:43 PM
S4018

You need to complete the graduation first ,then only you can get into the jobs.however you can apply only from last year onwards
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?