14th January 2020, 06:35 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply and write the UPSC examination having failed in Intermediate?

Hi, I had written my 12th Board exams but unfortunately failed the Intermediate exams. So, now I am planning to do Polytechnic Diploma course after which I would do B.Tech. So, will I be eligible to write the UPSC exam if I go via this route?

15th January 2020, 09:42 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply and write the UPSC examination having failed in Intermediate?

On the basis of diploma qualification, you are not eligible to appear in the NDA examination.

NDA examination is conducted in two stages.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years and only male candidates are eligible to appear in the examination.

So, you are not eligible to appear in the examination. For more information about UPSC examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th January 2020, 10:37 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply and write the UPSC examination having failed in Intermediate?

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission and as the name suggests it is a commission rather than a examination itself which conducts different examination for recruitment of personnel in various fields.

Further, in general UPSC examination is used to refer to the Civil Services examination which is conducted once every year by UPSC for recruitment of administrative officers such as IAS, IPS, IFS, etc. which I assume to be the case in your query too .

The minimum education required to apply for the Civil Services examination is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, once you complete your B.Tech. degree course either after your Diploma in engineering course or after your higher secondary school degree course, you will be eligible to apply the Civil Services examination as far as the educational requirement for the same examination is concerned.

For complete details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th January 2020, 01:55 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You will be eligible to appear for Union Public Service Commission exam after polytechnic and bachelor's degree in technology.

The minimum educational qualification required for UPSC Civil Services examination is bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

Final year graduates can also apply for this exam. The age limit is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.
15th January 2020, 04:50 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria required to apply for UPSC examination is Candidate must have passed Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university. Candidate age must lie between 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation are available for reserved category candidates. Final year candidates are also eligible to apply for this recruitment.

So, after completing your B.Tech degree you are eligible to apply for UPSC examination.

For more information, you can visit their official website http://www.upsc.gov.in/.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?