13th August 2015, 01:22 AM
Unregistered

Can I attend NET and SET exams 2016?

sir i have completed my Bachelor degree in Engineering(B.E) in Mechanical stream with an aggregate of 78%,can i attend NET and SET exams 2016....?

13th August 2015, 09:01 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I attend NET and SET exams 2016?

No.You are not eligible to apply for NET OR SET.If you want to appear for NET/SET , then you have require to complete M.E/M.Tech or Any other Master degree course.

Eligibility

Qualification
You have passed your master degree course or equivalent course with 55% from recognized university.

Age Limit

For JRF(Junior Research Fellow)
Maximum Age 28 years on 1st June of the examination year.5 Years Relaxation applicable to Reserve category.

For Lecturership
No Age Limit.Candidates who have passed/appearing M.Phil/Ph.D course OR who have passed SET are exmpted to appear NET.

Paper Pattern
It consist three papers - Paper -1 , Paper-2 & Paper-3.You have to qualify & secure a minimum marks in all the three papers.
13th August 2015, 10:29 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

In order to appear for NET or SET ,you have to first complete your Master's degree with at least 55% of marks .

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and SET stands for State Eligibility Test .

The eligibility criteria for NET/SET exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate should have completed Masters degree in related subjects with at least 55 % of marks. Final year appearing student can also apply for the exam.

-The candidates appearing for JRF should not be above 28 years of age. The candidates appearing only for lectureship have no upper age limit. Age relaxation of 5 years will be given to SC/ST/OBC or physically disabled or women or visually handicapped.

The selection process involves of

* Written exam , and

* Interview .
13th August 2015, 12:11 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i have completed my Bachelor degree in Engineering(B.E) in Mechanical stream with an aggregate of 78%,can i attend NET and SET exams 2016....?
You have completed Bachelor degree in Engineering(B.E) in Mechanical stream with an aggregate of 78% so you are not eligible for UGC NET and SET exam 2016.

The educational qualification required for NET/SET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET/SET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET/SET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
13th August 2015, 12:41 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

NET stands for the National Eligibility Test and the examination is conducted by the UGC every for the recruitment as the Lectureship or the JRF ( Junior Resarch Fellowship ) where as the SET is conducted by the State Eligibility Test conducted by the different state.

No, you are not eligible to appear for the NET as the eligibility to appear for the examination is :-

* Candidates must have passed the post - graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidates must have scored the 55% aggregate in the PG relaxation of 5% for the reserved candidates.
* Candidates age must be between the 19-28 years for the JRF but no limitation for the Lectureship.

So, you need to complete your Master degree to appear in the examination.
13th August 2015, 01:10 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

No, as you have only the Bachelor degree you are not eligible to appear for the NET or the SET examination.

NET stands for the National Eligibility Test which is conducted by the UGC every year and where as SET by the state education board.

The minimum qualification to appear for the NET or SET examination is candidates must have passed the Master Degree from the recognised university with at least 55% and relaxation of 5% in the aggregate for the reserved category. There is also limitation on the upper age limit for the post of JRF which is 28 years but there is no restriction on the eligibility to appear for the Lectureship.

So if you want to appear in the NET you want need to complete the Master Degree which is a 2 year course in the Mechanical stream with at least 55% aggregate.
13th August 2015, 01:59 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
NET stands for the National Eligibility Test. NET is conducted twice every year by the University Grants Commission twice every year in the month of June and December respectively. SET is the State Eligibility Test.

Both of these examinations is conducted for the lectureship. NET also includes Junior Research Fellowship. The academic qualification required to appear for the NET or SET exam is master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of post graduation can apply for this exam.

Candidate must have scored at least 55% marks in the master's degree. You are not eligible for NET or SET exam after completing bachelor of engineering. You must do master of engineering with at least 55% marks to be eligible for NET or SET exam.

There is no upper age limit for the Lectureship but the upper age limit for the JRF is 28 years. You can visit www.ugcnetonline.in for any more details regarding NET examination.
13th August 2015, 02:38 PM
@bhijeetearns

Hi.............,

If your Bachelor degree is completed with no backlogs then you can attain the NET and SET exams. UGC had announced that candidates who clear NET would be eligible for lucrative jobs in public sector undertakings. Scores of NET will be required and on the basis of cutoff declared interview would be schedule. Passing criteria is ----
Gen class 65%
SC class 55%
OBC 60%
SET exams dates for every state is declared separetly and for that you need to have a view over the news and daily updates.

Thanks
13th August 2015, 08:11 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NET is the National Eligibility test and SET is the State Eligibility test. Mainly both of these exams is conducted for the lectureship post in government colleges. The minimum educational qualification required to appear for this exam is master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Minimum of 55% marks is required in master's degree to be eligible for NET exam. There is no upper age limit for this post. However the upper age limit for JRF under NET is 28 years.

You can not apply for the NET or SET exam with just bachelor of engineering, you must pursue master's degree in technology to be applicable for this exam.
13th August 2015, 10:35 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NET is National Eligibility Test and that of SET is State Eligibility Test. The eligibility criteria for both these exams are:

1. Candidate must have minimum qualification of master's degree in any discipline.

2. At least 55% marks in master's degree is required for NET exam conducted by UGC for lectureship post in various colleges.

Therefore, you are not eligible for this exam with bachelor of engineering as educational qualification.
14th August 2015, 01:59 AM
JSD.

It is sorry to say you that you can not give this exam with this much qualifications.The basic eligibility criteria for SET/NET exam is to have Master degree in any stream from a recognized university. If you wish to attend this exam than you have to first complete your Master degree course
14th August 2015, 04:19 PM
sai215

Re: Can I attend NET ans SET exams 2016?

NET stands National Eligibility Test , SET stands State Eligibility Test

Eligibility :------------

Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks in Master's Degree or Equivalent examination from universities/Institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities and Social Science, Computer science and Applications, Electronics Science etc. are elgible for this test.

Age limit: Not more than 28 years

Age Relaxations: OBC - 5 years , ST/SC/PWD - 5 years

So you are not eligible
14th August 2015, 11:40 PM
alkamca

hi,

NET--- National Eligibility Test examination is conducted by the UGC every for the recruitment as the Lectureship or the JRF ( Junior Resarch Fellowship )

SET--- is conducted by the State Eligibility Test conducted by the different state.

No, you are not eligible to appear for the NET The candidate should have completed Masters degree in related subjects with at least 55 % of marks. Final year appearing student can also apply for the exam.

SET exams dates declared on State wise..
for more information you can visit on the following links >>>

https://www.sarkariexaam.com/net-exam-2012/1918
14th August 2015, 11:52 PM
Career advisor

No,you are not eligible for NET or SET as the minimum qualification for the NET and SET is that the applicant must be post graduated in any discipline.
NET(National Eligibilty Test) is conducted by the UGC twice in a year.
SET( State Eligibility Test) is conducted by every state.
After qualifying in NET or SET qualifier can either go for JRF(Junior Research Fellowship) or work as a lecturer in any college.
Eligibilty:
Master's in any discipline with aggregate of 55% marks.
Relaxation of 5% is given to the reserved categories.
Age Limit:
Minimum:19 years
Maximum:28 years
For JRF only.
There is no age limit for lecturer's.
For more information you can visit
www.ugcnetonline.in
15th August 2015, 10:53 PM
saibabaohm
Member+

In order to appear for NET or SET ,you have to first complete your Master's degree with at least 55% of marks .

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and SET stands for State Eligibility Test .

-The candidate should have completed Masters degree in related subjects with at least 55 % of marks. Final year appearing student can also apply for the exam.

-The candidates appearing for JRF should not be above 28 years of age. The candidates appearing only for lectureship have no upper age limit. Age relaxation of 5 years will be given to SC/ST/OBC or physically disabled or women or visually handicapped.
15th August 2015, 10:55 PM
saibabaohm
Member+

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?