26th June 2015, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to crack NET/SET exams for Lecturer jobs?

I am a B.Sc. 2nd year student. I wish to become a good lecturer in future. But I have heard that one should write net and set exams to get lecturer job. I m confused about these exams?

27th June 2015, 12:50 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Is it necessary to crack NET/SET exams for Lecturer jobs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a B.Sc. 2nd year student. I wish to become a good lecturer in future. But I have heard that one should write net and set exams to get lecturer job. I m confused about these exams?
Yes, of course it is mandatory that you must appear and qualify in the NET/SET exams in order to get lecturer job.

Basic Information About NET/SLET Exams:

- National Eligibility Test (NET) which is conducted by the University Grants Commission every year.
- State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) which is conducted by the every states separately.

Those candidates who get qualify in the NET exam can get Lecturer job in any states in india. However, SLET score is valid only in the concerned state itself.

Those candidates who have completed Master degree with 55% of marks are eligible for NET/SLET entrance exam.

Official Website - www.ugc.ac.in
27th June 2015, 12:50 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After completion of B.Sc degree, you can not apply for Lectureship post.

Yes, it is necessary to qualify in NET/SET exam become a lecturer in government or central government college.

The educational qualification required for NET/SET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET/SET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET/SET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
27th June 2015, 01:34 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Yes you heard the correct information. To become a lecturer of a Government Controlled University in India you must clear the NET/SET Examination.
It is something which you must not think about. At present you should focus on scoring good marks in your Graduation level and your Masters Level.
Once you clear these hurdles take your time in preparing for this Examination so that you can crack the Examination.
27th June 2015, 03:49 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you want government colleges lecturer job then you have to qualify NET/SET after completion of your Master's degree. You can get lecturer job in private college without qualifying NET/SET but those positions will be temporary and salary will be on the basis of your experience.

IF you qualify NET/SET then you will get salary according to government pay scale with all the benefits which a government employee gets after getting lecturer job in a government funded University.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?