1st July 2016, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

Can I become an Air Hostess apart from being a 3rd year Engineering student?

Hello Sir, I am Arti and I am a 3rd year Engineering student. I am interested in becoming an Air Hostess I am pretty sure that I can do it but right now my question is whether I can join this career after my studies.

26th July 2016, 02:23 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I become an Air Hostess apart from being a 3rd year Engineering student?

Let me start with the basic eligibility criteria for becoming an Air Hostess.

1. A diploma or a graduate degree in Hotel Management or Tourism management.

2. Should have the country passport for which you want to do job.

3. Minimum height- 157.5 cms

4. Eye sight- 6/6

5. Unmarried candidate

6. Fluent in English/ Hindi/ or any other foreign language.

Now, as you can see the clause (1), a degree in hotel management or equivalent is asked and not an engineering degree, so if you want to become an Air Hostess you can pursue a MBA in hotel management after your B.tech.

Or the option option is that you can also do a diploma.

Also, one needs to work on the language because in this field fluency and grip on English language is very necessary. You can read newspaper, or take some English speaking classes. Try to develop the professional attitude and behavior in your daily life and it will help you to be ahead of the other candidates later in your course.
1st September 2017, 12:01 AM
sanju0770

Default Re: Can I become an Air Hostess apart from being a 3rd year Engineering student?

Hello friend,

Becoming an air hostess is a dream of many Indian girls and if you want to become an air hostess then you should consider few points which I have mentioned below.

If you talk about the basic criteria then you are at least 12th standard pass candidate to become eligible for working as an air hostess. You said your question that you are in third year of engineering enhance your educational qualified to become an air hostess. If you talk about other things then you must have a height of 5 feet and 4 inches. Your communication skills must be awesome. You must have a helping hand caring nature. You must not have any physical or mental disability and you should be hundred percent fit for job. You must have a fair complexion and your skin should be Spotless.

Generally there is no age limit to become an air hostess but most of the companies like to recruit young girls as if they recruit them at young age then their Association with the company would be of more time.

Starting salary of an air hostess is around 45000 to 65000. There are many Institute that provide course and diploma in aviation field but let me tell you these are not necessary the only thing which matters is your performance in the entrance exam or interview of that respect airlines.

Hope it will help
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?