11th April 2018, 09:23 AM
Unregistered

Can I become an IAS Officer with Bachelor of Visual Communications Degree?

Hello everyone, I am interested to study Bachelor of Visual Communications course. Right now I am studying in 11th standard. But my aim is to become an IAS Officer. So, after my Bachelor's Degree I can become an IAS Office or not?

14th April 2018, 08:05 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an IAS Officer with Bachelor of Visual Communications Degree?

The full form of IAS is Indian Administrative Services. The competitive examination for Indian Administrative Services is Civil Services examination.

The eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination:

1. You must be graduate in any discipline. It clearly means that stream of bachelor's degree does not matter for this exam.

2. The age limit is 21-32 years.

Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.

You can definitely become IAS officer after this degree but you need to clear all stages of this exam.
14th April 2018, 09:38 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I become an IAS Officer with Bachelor of Visual Communications Degree?

The acronym IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

IAS is an All India Services. Aspirants needs to give Civil Services examination to join this service.

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in any stream.

Bachelor of Visual communication degree candidates can also apply for exam.

Age criteria for this exam: 21-32 years.
15th April 2018, 09:03 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can become Indian Administrative Services officer with Bachelor of Visual Communication degree. The minimum academic qualification required for Civil Services examination for candidate of any category is bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

The age limitations for general category candidates is 21-32 years. If you belong to OBC or SC/ST category then you will get three years and five years upper age relaxation respectively. The important dates for 2018 examination is over now. You should wait for 2019 notification to apply for exam.
15th April 2018, 11:06 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to become an IAS officer after completion of your Bachelor's degree course in Visual Communications. To be eligible to apply for IAS examination, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university. The age criteria required to apply for IAS examination is 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules. Since, you are pursuing your 11th standard right now, you can pursue your higher studies in any course of your interest and after completion of your Bachelor's degree course from a Government recognised university, you are eligible to apply for IAS examination.
15th April 2018, 12:52 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline. The age criteria is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

So, you will be eligible to appear for examination after bachelor degree in Visual communication course.

It is compulsory to qualify for each stages of examination for final selection. For more details about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th April 2018, 01:20 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

To be an IAS ( Indian Administrative Service ) officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

* The basic qualifications required for appearing in Civil Services examination are as below:-

i) You must hold the citizenship of India.

ii) Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Further, there is the provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

iii) You must have either completed your bachelor degree course or must be pursuing the final year of the same degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, it is evident that for becoming an IAS officer there is no requirement of a particular stream at any level of academics and hence you are eligible to become an IAS officer even you pursue your bachelor degree course in Visual Communications.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination, you can visit its official website i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?