24th November 2011, 07:12 PM
md shahtaz

Can I become successful in IAS or IES Exam being a candidate having secured 45% in 12th Board Exam?

if i have got 45% in12th boarb then i can prepare for ies or ias examination and can i become successful in that

Related Questions:
  1. Scholarships available for a candidate who has secured 84% in 12th Science WBCHSE Board exam?
  2. Difference in preparation between IAS and IES exam?
  3. Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exam if secured 77% in 10th CBSE and 65% in 12th Jharkhand Board?
  4. Is it possible to reappear in 12th with CBSE/MP Board if secured less marks in UP Board and migrated to MP?
  5. Eligibility to appear in BITSAT for a candidate who has secured 85% in 12th Board exam?
  6. Eligibility to study B.E. in Rajasthan Technical University for a candidate who has secured 48.6% in 12th RBSE?
  7. Scholarships available for a candidate who has secured 90% in 12th Odisha Board?
  8. Can I get Education Loan to prepare for IAS exam if secured 89% in B.Tech?
  9. Colleges which offers admission in B.Sc for a candidate who has secured 63% in 12th Bihar Board exam?
  10. Can I reappear in compartmental exam of 12th for whole subjects? -- [New]
  11. What is the work-profile of an IES mechanical officer in various sectors? Does IES officer have same powers as IAS officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. What qualification is required for doing D.Pharmacy?
  13. Can I appear in BITSAT 2016 for second time?
  14. Scholarships available for a candidate who has secured 83% in 12th MP Board?
  15. Possibility to get job for a candidate who has secured 50% in 12th ISC?
  16. List of Institutions for a candidate who have secured 63% in 12th Bihar Board exam?
  17. Which all branches are there in engineering? Who can write IES exam? Is IES equivalent to IAS/IPS?
  18. Scholarship available for a candidate who has secured 88% in 12th WBCHSE Board exam?
24th November 2011, 08:36 PM
VINEETDUBEY6384385

Default Re: Can I become successful in IAS or IES Exam being a candidate having secured 45% in 12th Board Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by md shahtaz View Post
if i have got 45% in12th boarb then i can prepare for ies or ias examination and can i become successful in that
dear board exam marks are nothing to do ....complete your graduation first ...then appear for civil services exam conducted by upsc in 3 stages ---written test(preliminary exam), mains eaxam, folowed by interview.good luck.
24th November 2011, 08:54 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I become successful in IAS or IES Exam being a candidate having secured 45% in 12th Board Exam?

You want to serve the nation , which is really appreciable....
And for you kind information I would like to tell you,, There is not any kind of minimum marks requirement criteria for being eligible for the UPSC exams like IAS\IPS\IES examination.

As you have just completed your 12th, so you are not eligible for appear in theses civil service examination like IAS\IPS , conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION [UPSC].

For being eligible for the civil service examination, you must have at least a graduation degree from a recognized college. what ever maybe the stream is...

The age limit for this examination is 21-30 yaers, there are 5 & 3 yearts of the age relaxations are applicable for the SC\ST & OBC candidates respectively..i.e.
21-33 years for the OBC candidates,
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates.

This civil service examination has three stages-
1.CSAT
2.MAINS
3.INTERVIEW.

Exam pattern-

Thank you!!!
~gamble~
24th November 2011, 09:57 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

For both the entrance exams, which you have mentioned, the minimum eligibility criteria is Graduation degree.

In order to be eligible for IAS Exam, graduation with any of the stream is acceptable. But in order to be eligible for IES Exam, one should have completed Graduation in Engineering.

So, first try to pursue the Graduation course first depending upon the entrance exam which you want to crack. Gain good subject knowledge in the Graduation course and start preparation from the respective entrance exam from the pre final year of your Graduation course.

Definitely, the percentage of marks you have secured in your 12th class (45%), will not have any influence in successful cracking of these entrance examinations.

The level of preparation you are going to have prior to appearing of these entrance exams and how well you attempt the exam will only influence in successful cracking of these entrance exams

Choose yourself of which exam you want to crack and make your preparation for the exam accordingly.

Don't take the decision that you can prepare for both the entrance exams. This will be too risky decision since being placed in civil services by cracking civil services exam is too difficult.
24th November 2011, 10:07 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I become successful in IAS or IES Exam being a candidate having secured 45% in 12th Board Exam?

Quote:

Eligibility Criteria for IAS and IES

In order to join the IAS or IES..there is no constraint on the 10th or 12th percentage for appearing in the exams..you just need to complete your graduation from a recognized college..

For appearing in the Civil Service Exams to become an IAS officer..a candidate must be a graduate in any stream from a recognized college..

For appearing in the IES Exam..you need to be a B.Tech degree holder in any of the following streams :-
Electrical Engineering
Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering

For appearing in the both the exams..the age limit for general candidates is 21-30 years,for OBC its 21-33 years and for SC/ST it is 21-35 years..

The maximum number of attempts a general candidate gets is 4,for OBC its 7 and for SC/ST..there is no limit..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
24th November 2011, 11:33 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,

The marks in your class 12th will not be considered in the examinations of IAS and IES.
For IAS and IES you need not get very good marks. You just need to be a graduate in any stream from a recognized institute for the job of IAS and for IES you should pursue Engineering.

You can become a successful IAS of an IES officer.Your marks of class 12th will not be considered.

Best Wishes....
25th November 2011, 05:05 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hi,
Your 12th class marks will not important for I.A.S exam.

I.A.S exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year.
eligibility criteria are:-
- pass graduation from recognized university with any stream.
- must be citizen of India.
- Number of attempts
for open category:-4
For ST/SC category:-7
Age limit
for open category:-21-30 year
For OBC category:-21-33year
For ST/SC category:-21-37 year

good luck!
25th November 2011, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

i get 55% in high secondary exam and i want to be an IAS officer now what i do to reach my moto?
27th November 2011, 04:09 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i get 55% in high secondary exam and i want to be an IAS officer now what i do to reach my moto?
hi,
If you really want to become I.A.S officer. Firstly you have to pass the graduation degree with minimum 50% marks in any stream you want.

I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.
Eligibility criteria:-
-Pass the graduation with minimum 50% marks from recognized university.
-age limit:-21-30 year.
-must be citizen of India.

GOOD LUCK!
21st December 2011, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

I got 78% in my diploma(civil) iam intrested on IES and also in civils which is best pls tell me
5th January 2012, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

I am getting confuse what to do after BE IAS or IES or anything else....?????????????????????????????
21st January 2012, 10:26 AM
s_sivaranjani

Post Re: Can I become successful in IAS or IES Exam being a candidate having secured 45% in 12th Board Exam?

Quote:
45% eligibility is not much sufficient to join some god engineering college...
But you can try in AIEEE exam..work hard...to get thro'
only when you join some engineering college that too civil,mechanical,ECE,EEE you will be eligible to appear in IES exam...
For IAS you need to finish any graduation which will really help you in IAS prelims and mains...
14th February 2012, 03:18 AM
Unregistered

IS ATTEMPT FOR IES, WILL ALSO COUNT FOR IAS.

MADHU
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?