20th November 2019, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

Can I complete my discontinued distant education B.Com course after 5 years?

I discontinued my distant education of B.Com course from Calicut University for LLB in MG University. I have completed 3rd semester which was 5 years back. Can I complete my B.Com now?

26th November 2019, 03:59 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I complete my discontinued distant education B.Com course after 5 years?

I am sorry to say that it is not possible to resume your B.Com course now after a gap of 5 years.

Usually, there are guidelines for every University with regard to completion of any course within a stipulated time frame.

Only those candidates who completed the course within that time frame are considered as Graduates and would be awarded Degrees so that they can go for higher studies.

Usually this time frame would be 5-6 years for B.Com course.

All other candidates who are not able to pass in all the subjects of B.Com course within that time frame would not be awarded Graduation degree and their admission would be cancelled.

They have to freshly join Graduation course again.

I am not sure of the reason for they 5 year gap but I could say your chances of resuming B.Com course are minimal.

I would suggest you to make a visit to the University and meet the Head of the department directly.

Take suggestion from him if there is any other alternative way to complete your B.Com course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?