14th February 2015, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I do CA after B.Tech? What is the age limit to apply for CA?

Can I do C.A after B-tech? If yes then is there any age limit for applying for C.A?

23rd March 2015, 04:11 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do CA after B.Tech? What is the age limit to apply for CA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I do C.A after B-tech? If yes then is there any age limit for applying for C.A?

Yes, candidates after completing their B.Tech are eligible to sit for this exam.

CA stands for the Chartered Accountant. If you want to become a chartered accountant then, you should have to pass every stages of this exam, which are 1). CPT exam, 2). IPCC course and 3). Final Course.

First stage is known as CPT means Common Proficiency Test. If you want to qualify for the next stage, you should have to pass CPT examination.

Then the next stage is IPCC i.e., Integrated Proficiency Competence Course. Once you are in your final year of IPCC course then you can apply for the final course exam.

Eligibility:

Candidates should have passed at least their 10+2 from the recognized board exam.

Candidates from commerce background are also eligible but, they should have scored at least 50% marks.

For non-commerce background candidates with mathematics subject it should be at least 60% marks and without mathematics subject it should be 55% marks.

Age Limit: There is no any upper age restriction for this course.
24th March 2015, 12:37 PM
sunkaravinith
Junior Member+

yes you can do the CA course after your B.tech
there are three stages every one should undergo to become a chartered accountant they are
1)CPT exam
2)IPCC course
3)CA course
those who are joining the chartered account course after their graduation are not required to write the CPT exam they can directly join in the ipcc course
ipcc course is for one year after that there will be exam and you have to pass in that to study the CA course which is of 3 years
there is no age limit for becoming the CA .you can become CA At any time you want
but there are limitations for the CA final examination attempts and the limitations depends on the caste

thank you
24th March 2015, 07:35 PM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There is no age limit to apply for C.A.

It is not fair to join C.A after B.Tech., because both are different streams.

After B.Tech., you can go for M.Tech or M.S

I advice you to prepare for GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have scored good marks in GATE, you can join IITs for M.Tech. . And that would be great for your future.

26th March 2015, 12:52 AM
bichapoda

Yes you can do CA after your B.Tech.

Any candidate who have completed 12th can apply for CPT which is First level exam for CA .

Where as candidates who have completed Graduation can directly appear for IPCC which is next level of CA by Skipping CPT.

So are you have completed your B.Tech you can appear for IPCC and get in to CA.

There is no Age limit for CA course so you can apply at any age, there are no attempt limits also you can apply any number of times.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?