10th August 2012, 12:19 AM
KEERTHIRANGU

Can I do CWA and CS simultaneously? What is the salary? I am a final year B.Com student

Sir, now i am in final bcom, can i do cwa & cs simultaneously,how much salary can i espect, i want comlete details about the courses

27th August 2012, 10:39 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I do CWA and CS simultaneously? What is the salary? I am a final year B.Com student

Company Secretary and Cost and work accountant are two different course from each other.

Company Secretaries has rich knowledge in legal, finance , corporate governance,ethics
and management matter of the company that's why he /she is able to advise or guide the company almost all the matter /affair related to company .

Whereas

Cost and work Accountant is trained in accounting,cost and management audit and tax function. This course is more focused on cost accounting.

Both courses can be done together.

But as both courses are different from each other that's why student find to concentrate on two different courses altogether.

Both are good courses career wise , So choose one course among them and proceed accordingly.

There are 3 stages in ICWAI and Company Secretary
  • FOUNDATION
  • EXECUTIVE
  • FINAL

Both have exemption as graduate can directly enroll for executive level.

Both have good starting salary.

while you were getting practical training in both courses , you will have stipend of around 8000/-

but after completing the course CS/ICWA you will have 20000/- to 25000/- per month starting salary .

After few years of experience you can expect more salary and higher position in any company or organization.

For more info visit official website

ICWAI
www.myicwai.com
CS
www.icsi.edu

28th August 2012, 09:29 AM
nlegend
Member+

Default Re: Can I do CWA and CS simultaneously? What is the salary? I am a final year B.Com student

Hello friend,

CS course is provided by ICSI & CWA provided by ICWAI, both are different courses with different roles,
A CS gain expertise in Corporate Laws while CWA gains expertise in Costing & Financial Management, besides role both Bodies (ICSI & ICWAI) specifically provides that a member of its institute cannot use anyother designation while remaining its member. in simple it means that you can either practice as a CWA or as a CS & not both simultaneously, however you dont have any complication if you dont go for practice & settles for a job.

So therefore if you are planning to start your practice then studying both course simultaneously does not make sense but if you are planning for job in companies then you can study both courses simultaneously as it will provide you a large expertise field. So decision is upto you what you wanna do after completion of your course.

As far doing both course simultaneously is concerned, you can do both easily as articleship in CS can be done even after completing your course so that you can complete the working requirement for CWA.

For more info on ICWAI visit www.icwai.org

For more info on ICSI visit www.icsi.org

Best of Luck

27th October 2012, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

Wat are the government job opportunities ? If we do both icwa and cs together? Can we get high position

7th April 2013, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

currently m doing ca articleship was ipcc student now final have just starred training and i have cleared my icwai inter both groups-2012 .i want to know are there any exemptions for ca articles for not doing articleship of icwai...can the same be considered? or can i do dummy icwai training under any icwa firm and the same shall be considered along with ca articleship?kindly help.
thanks
XYZ

22nd May 2013, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

i have completed b.comhns,icwa and cs.what wilk be my salary?

3rd June 2013, 09:04 AM
Unregistered

i am complete my mba i placed in city union bank also.I want to do professional course also whether i do icwa or cs which is suitable for my career.

29th June 2013, 12:10 PM

[QUOTE=DEEPAK;9566059379]Sir, NOW I AM IN IN COLLEGE FIRST YEAR ,I AM ALSO DOING A PROFESSIONAL COURSE CS AND NOW I WANT TO APPLY FOR CWA .CAN I APLLY FOR IT?

12th October 2013, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my cwa final and ca ipcc inter .I would like to do B.Com ,whether any one year programme is available for b com .please let me know.

21st November 2013, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

I am doing CA and CWA simultaneously? what is my starting salary?

2nd January 2014, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

Now am working in a private company and also doing cwa then I have decided to do an MBA(finance) in reputed university Can I start to proceed or cwa enough.Kindly advise me on this I would be very grateful.

23rd February 2014, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

is there any sense of doing icwa n cs simultaneously for a better career n is it benificial to do both together?

26th August 2014, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

I' have cleared cwa inter and also pursuing cs where can I opt for articleship.. Cost firm or in a cs firm??

7th September 2014, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

Talking Re: Can I do CWA and CS simultaneously? What is the salary? I am a final year B.Com student

it is better for you to implement your idea after completion of bcom graduation because if you joined after your graduation you will get foundation programme exemption in both cs and cwa.
hence it is better to do after completion of your bcom graduation .

KEEP SIMLE ALWAYS AND THINK POSITIVELY .

WTITTRN BY "SREENIVAS CS "

8th January 2015, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

i hav jst attempted my ipcc and also intrested in doing degree nd cs along with ca. .can i hav a posibility of doing an original degree or to go for a distance degree. . Wat to do?

12th February 2015, 09:53 AM
Unregistered

i want to know that i am govt. employee and i want to do parctice as Cost accountant, can i do parctice with job or i would resgin to job after that i can do parctice pls tell me

26th February 2015, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE BEEN COMLETE C.W.A INTERMEDIATE COURSE.....WHT IS SALARY AFTER ONLY PASS INTERMEDIATE........PLZ SAY ME...OR REPLY WHTSAPP NUMBER 91 9624960750......PLZ SAY ME.......

8th June 2015, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

I have just cleared ipcc and want to pursue cwa .....then what is the exemptions criteria after completing 3 years of articleship of c.a....will i get any exemption in articleship of cwa.

25th August 2015, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

i have completed MBA in distance mode basically i am a science student. can i do cs and icwa together? what is the procedure? tips to get success in both?

21st January 2020, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

My name is Dhatri I want to know about cma with cs is it possible
And can I do bcom cma if it possible then after cma can we do cs how many years it takes

22nd August 2020, 03:33 PM
bhardwaj12
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My name is Dhatri I want to know about cma with cs is it possible
And can I do bcom cma if it possible then after cma can we do cs how many years it takes
You can do CMA simultaneously with CS as both are corresponding courses. Both subjects similar to each other.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?