9th September 2011, 03:17 PM
jyotikhatri143

How to apply for CS course? What is the scope of this course?

How to apply for cs and what is the scope for me further please reply.
reply me as early as possible.

9th September 2011, 04:31 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for CS course? What is the scope of this course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyotikhatri143 View Post
How to apply for cs and what is the scope for me further please reply.
reply me as early as possible.
Hello Jyoti,
The company secretary course comprise of three stages and depending upon your qualification, you may enroll wither for the first stage or the second stage of the course.
If you have qualified +2 level of examination, you will have to enroll for the Foundation program.
If you are a graduate, you may enroll for the second stage, i.e. Executive Program.
The final course of the program is known as the Professional Program.

you may register yourself for the company secretary program anytime throughout the year.

As far as the scope of the course is concerned, it is the next big thing after CA in the field of commerce. There has always been demand for Company Secretary in the market because the number of qualified Company Secretary has been less than required. According to an assumption made by experts, the demand will rise upto 50,000 during the year of 2020. As per survey, there has been an increase of 7% in the number of students, since last year. So, its quite obvious that it will has great future prospect.
Companies willing to get enlisted in the stock exchange and Companies with paid up share capital of 2 crores or more, have to appoint a qualified Company secretary. Such companies appoint Company Secretaries in the following posts:
Company secretary and finance officer
Company secretary and Executive officer
Company secretary and vice president
Chief Compliance officer, etc.
9th September 2011, 04:57 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

ICSI(Institute of Company Secretaries of India) offers part time Company Secretary courses. The career course of Company Secretary is not only prestigious but is financial prospects.

Eligibility for Company Secretary Courses:

1:You should clear 3 stages to qualify as Company Secretary and these are:
i)Foundation Course
ii)Intermediate Course
iii)Final Course

2:The minimum eligibility to gain entry in the Foundation Course is a pass in 10+2 examination or its equivalent in any stream. As you have B.Com as well as MBA degree,so there is no problem.

Course Duration : 8 months duration

3:Intermediate Course:you have to pass in the Foundation Course Examination of the ICSI Graduation degree or a Master's degree/Pass in ICWAI, ICAI can allow you entry in the intermediate course.

Course Duration : 9 months duration

4:Final Course:Once you pass the Intermediate Course you automatically become eligible for admission to the Final Course.

Foundation Course: One passing the Final examination of ICSI you will need to undergo a practical training after which, you will be completely eligible for the Associate Membership of the Institute.

The Training is of Training Orientation Programme (TOP) is for 5 days and is done before commencement of training.

This is followed by training for 15 months after the candidate has passed the Intermediate Examination or Final Examination.

The main institute is ICSI(Institute of Company Secretaries of India) at Kolkata, Chennai and Mumbai and Delhi

or more details visit:http://www.indiaedu.com/career-cours...etary-courses/
9th September 2011, 05:30 PM
Tulasinagababu

All in all, subjects are almost similar in CA, CS, and ICWA. But the focus changes; like in CA you focus mainly on Accounting, in CS you focus on Law while its Costing in ICWA, right? So in CS, you will have to cram a lot, I mean all those sections. If you are bad at remembering various sections of law, then forget doing CS.

I am not saying that CS is a bad course, ok. If you have decided to pursue it, do also plan to do LL.B. with it. I am not sure if one is really permitted to pursue CS and LL.B together. Do check with the university, but many students still do both together.

Doing LL.B with CS is advised because the reason is you become proficient in law and can also become a Corporate Affairs Lawyer later on in case one fails to find a job.

Good Luck with your future! But still I feel you should have enrolled for any of the courses in your first year of your graduation itself. I mean you could have easily passed Intermediate stage of any of the three exams by now. (No offence intended, ok)
So now enroll only after you complete your B.Com.

How and When to Apply:
One can apply throughout the year and there is no last date for the 'registration'. But one can apply for their first attempt at the 'examination' only after 9 or 10 months of 'registration'. Got it? I would suggest that you re-check this time duration which I mentioned just now. You can write to ICSI with appropriate fees for a brochure and registration form. See the website for further details.
9th September 2011, 06:40 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Application can be sent to either the headquarter, regional office or any of the chapters of the institute. The DD should in favour of the headquarter located in New Delhi. A CS can choose to be an independent professional or to go for job. If a company plans to list in the stock exchange then they need to necessarily appoint a company secretary. The role is to be an advisor of the company.
19th September 2011, 09:42 AM
Unregistered

is thr anyscope for a btech graduate in joining cs course?
4th November 2011, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

pratibha yadav,
what is the persantag for apply this course ?
5th November 2011, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

I GOING TO COMPLIT MY GRADUATION . THIS YEAR 2012 MARCH AFTER GRADUTE CAN I JOIN DIRECT CS COURSE OR WHT SHOULD I DO
7th November 2011, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

when is the last date to apply for cs
8th November 2011, 10:21 AM
rudramishra

The company secretary course comprise of three stages and depending upon your qualification, you may enroll wither for the first stage or the second stage of the course.
If you have qualified +2 level of examination, you will have to enroll for the Foundation program.
If you are a graduate, you may enroll for the second stage, i.e. Executive Program.
The final course of the program is known as the Professional Program.

you may register yourself for the company secretary program anytime throughout the year.

As far as the scope of the course is concerned, it is the next big thing after CA in the field of commerce. There has always been demand for Company Secretary in the market because the number of qualified Company Secretary has been less than required. According to an assumption made by experts, the demand will rise upto 50,000 during the year of 2020. As per survey, there has been an increase of 7% in the number of students, since last year. So, its quite obvious that it will has great future prospect.
16th November 2011, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

I am in T.Y.Bom. I like account. what can I do after bcom
30th November 2011, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

My daughter will pass 10 2 in the year mar 2012 from commerce stream. I want her to purse CS immeditately. So, kindly guide me that when and how I can fill the forms of registration to CS, whether there a is entrance or direct registration?

Pradeep Gupta
[email protected]
16th March 2012, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

sir i want to take addmission in cs after b.com how i can apply for it
16th March 2012, 04:45 PM
nkrjn17

Hii...

Yes you can do CS course.

Company Secretary is a Top Level employee in a company.

The course has three stages which are:

1. Foundation,

2.Intermediate,

3.Final.

Educational Qualifications:

The minimum educational qualification to apply for a company secretary course is 10+2.

Foundation course is open for those who have only completed 10+2.

If You have completed graduation or a pass in final exams of ICWAI or ICAI can directly apply for the Intermediate stage.

After doing the Intermediate course and clearing the exams you can goes into the final stage.

To become a company secretary you needs to be a member of Institute of Company Secretaries.

For that you needs to clear the final stage by passing the examinations, and gain practical experience and do the required training.

SCOPE:-
A company secretary needs to have very good Communciation skills, excellent command over English, analytical mind and ability to explain things to the directors and decision takers in the company. Job prospects for Company Secretary are quite good and the scope for growth is also there. Remunerations offered are really good for company secretaries with salaries starting from Rs. 20,000 per month.
16th March 2012, 04:47 PM
nkrjn17

Hii...

Yes you can do CS course.

Company Secretary is a Top Level employee in a company.

The course has three stages which are:

1. Foundation,

2.Intermediate,

3.Final.

Educational Qualifications:

The minimum educational qualification to apply for a company secretary course is 10+2.

Foundation course is open for those who have only completed 10+2.

If You have completed graduation or a pass in final exams of ICWAI or ICAI can directly apply for the Intermediate stage.

After doing the Intermediate course and clearing the exams you can goes into the final stage.

To become a company secretary you needs to be a member of Institute of Company Secretaries.

For that you needs to clear the final stage by passing the examinations, and gain practical experience and do the required training.

SCOPE:-
A company secretary needs to have very good Communciation skills, excellent command over English, analytical mind and ability to explain things to the directors and decision takers in the company. Job prospects for Company Secretary are quite good and the scope for growth is also there. Remunerations offered are really good for company secretaries with salaries starting from Rs. 20,000 per month.
20th March 2012, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE TAKEN MATHS IN 12TH STD,CAN I DO CS?
19th May 2012, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

how to apply icwa course? What is the scope in this course
19th May 2012, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

what course after b.com for company secretary?????
28th June 2012, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

candidites of open school can apply for cs after 12?
8th July 2012, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

sir i'm completed B.com(CS) with 71% but very week in remembering sections shall i do acs
17th July 2012, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

what is the scope for CS in medicine after mbbs????reply soon please.
23rd October 2012, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

Is dere any entrance exam for CS or directly we have to apply for the foundation course after completing 12th????
23rd October 2012, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

Is there any entrance exam to be cleared first for CS or we have to register for foudation course directly after completing 12th??
25th April 2013, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

What should i do with cs BBA or MBA it is needed or simple graduation ?
22nd August 2020, 03:35 PM
bhardwaj12
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What should i do with cs BBA or MBA it is needed or simple graduation ?
CS with MBA in finance is good option. It is also help to get smart salary too. In the Corporate world, Candidate should be CS with MBA or CS with LLB.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?