15th September 2012, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

Can I do IAS if I am a Civil Engineer?

my name is jabir hussain and i m a civil engineer so what doing the ias can i doing ias

6th October 2012, 01:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do IAS if I am a Civil Engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my name is jabir hussain and i m a civil engineer so what doing the ias can i doing ias

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC through Civil Service Exam so if you want to go for IAS exam , you can attend to CSAT exam.

Those candidate have completed graduate degree from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.CSAT exam not require for any percentage marks .

If you have completed Civil Engineering degree then you are applicable for IAS Exam.

But your age should be in between 21 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.Also you must be in citizen in India.

Optional Subject for IAS Exam:-

Mains Subject for IAS Exam:-

So you can apply in Civil Service Exam through Online and Offline process .

For more details about IAS exam click on the link www.upsc.gov.in

31st May 2013, 05:46 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do IAS if I am a Civil Engineer?

You can join to IAS, as you have completed graduation. The exam is conducted by UPSC, usually in the month of May. Those having completed 21 years and below 30 years are eligible to apply. General category candidates can attempt the test at most 4 times where as OBC holders can have this option at most 7 times. Applications can be forwarded through the website of UPSC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?