17th January 2013, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

Can I do MBA after scoring 45% in graduation?

can i do mba when my percentage is 45 % in graduation? please tell me the details

4th April 2013, 04:19 PM
Saran 18

Default Re: Can I do MBA after scoring 45% in graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i do mba when my percentage is 45 % in graduation? please tell me the details
Hi,

These are the following MBA Colleges accepting less than 50% marks in graduation

>>Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India
>>Asian School of Business Management,Bhubaneswar
>>New Delhi Institute of Management
>>Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
>>Lovely Professional University
>>CMS Business School, Bangalore
>>Accurate Institute of Management And Technology, Greater Noida
>>Alliance business Academy.
4th April 2013, 04:54 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do MBA after scoring 45% in Graduation.

MBA - Master of Business Administration, a two years Post Graduation Course and can be pursed through cracking entrance exam like CAT/MAT/XAT etc.

CAT - Common Admission Test, conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management) - The candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree with 50% marks(45% marks for SC/ST candidate) in any stream from a recognised University.

So if you are a reserved category candidate from SC/ST, then with 45% in Graduation you are eligible to apply for CAT.

MAT - Management Aptitude Test conducted by AIMA(All India Management Association) - The candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University.

As there is no percentage of marks criteria, you are eligible to apply for MAT for admission to MBA course.
4th April 2013, 06:30 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Your graduation Marks is 45% .

So you are not applicable for maximum no of MBA entrance exams like CAT ,XAT ,CMAT ,OPEN MAT etc .

If you are from SC/ST category then you are applicable for all types of MBA entrance exam .

But you can definitely applicable for MAT Exam.

MAT stands for Management Aptitude Test and this Examination is Organized by All India Management Association .

MAT exam required minimum graduation from recognized university .If you are from final year of degree course then also you are applicable.This exam not require any percentage criteria.Even MAT exam have not any age criteria also .

MAT exam date already announced in MAT website .This exam is condcut 4 times in year .So you have maximum no chances to crack MAT exam.

Important Dates for MAT 2013 :-

Last date for sale of forms: 16 April 2013 (Tuesday)
Last date for online registration: 18 April 2013 (Thursday)

For more details about MAT entrance exam , you can visit to http://www.aima-ind.org .You can apply for MAT exam through this website .
4th April 2013, 08:28 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for M.B.A after passing Graduation with 45% marks.

If you want you can do M.B.A through distance education.

University offering M.B.A through distance education:-
Indira Gandhi National Open University, IGNOU
Karnataka State Open University
K. K. Handique State University
Kota Open University
Madhya Pradesh Bhoj Open University
Nalanda Open University
Netaji Subhas Open University
Pt. Sunderlal Sharma Open University
Tamil Nadu Open University
U.P. Rajarshi Tandon Open University
Uttaranchal Open University
Vardhman Mahaveer Open University
4th April 2013, 09:14 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

It is certainly possible to do Master of Business Administration after completing graduation with 45 percent marks.

Your first focus should be Common Admission Test. For this exam you will be only eligible if belongs to SC/ST category. The Common Admission Test requires candidates to have completed graduation with 50 percent marks while SC/ST should complete the graduation with 45 percent marks.

I am insisting on Common Admission Test because majority of reputed universities in India that offers management course accept the Common Admission Test. This includes 13 Indian Institute of Management that are actually responsible for conducting this entrance exam.

If you are unable to appear for Common Admission Test then there is no way to take admission in the most reputed university known as Indian Institute of Management. However there is no reason to lose hope as far as taking admission for MBA is concerned.

You can still apply for the following entrance exams:

Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)

Management Aptitude Test (MAT)

Both these entrance exams do not consider the percentage obtained in graduation. What this means is that any candidate with graduation degree can appear for Xavier Aptitude Test and the Management Aptitude Test. You can appear for any of these entrance exams and pursue Master of Business Administration.
4th April 2013, 10:52 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
YES, you can do MBA even if your Graduation percentage is less than 50%.

But please note that you cannot apply for the the below MBA written tests:
>> CAT
>> SNAP
>> CMAT

In all these tests minimum percentage of marks required is 50% in Graduation.

But still you can apply for the below tests:
>> XAT
>> MAT

Graduates in any stream can apply for the XAT and MAT exams
No minimum percentage of marks is required in Graduation to appear in these exams.

XAT exam notification will come out in August 2013 and XAT exams will be held in January 2014

MAT exams are held four times in a year

Questions will be asked from below sections in the MAT exams:
Language Comprehension
Mathematical Skills
Data Analysis & Sufficiency
Intelligence & Critical Reasoning
Indian & Global Environment
5th April 2013, 12:51 AM
anurag_1992

hi dear,

I am afraid if you are a general candidate the eligibility criteria is
50% marks in graduation level.
There is 5% relaxation for sc/st and obc candidate.
The exam is conducted under CAT,MAT,XAT,GMAT
But except CAT you can appear MAT GMAT and XAT at the marks you have secured

The course is a two year course.
The exam consists of written and personal interview.
These tests are also very difficult to take on.
You get almost around 40 seconds to answer a question.
So you need to practice mock question papers know a lot of tricks do previous year questions. And a lot.
Try joining some institutes for preparation of exams.

All the best
5th April 2013, 01:11 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for MBA is Master of Business Administration.

If, you belong to SC/ST category, according to your percentile, definitely, you are eligible for these MBA entrance examinations:-

* XAT.

* CMAT.

* CAT.

* Open MAT. otherwise not.

The Master of Business Administration (MBA or M.B.A.) is a master's degree in business administration, which attracts people from a wide range of academic disciplines.

The core courses in the MBA program are designed to introduce students to the various areas of business such as accounting, finance, marketing, human resources, operations management, etc.

Students in MBA programs have the option of taking general business courses throughout the program or can select an area of concentration and focus approximately one-fourth of their studies in this subject.

Business schools in many countries offer MBA programs tailored to full-time, part-time, executive, and distance learning students, with specialized concentrations.

The eligibility criteria required for above mentioned MBA entrance examinations are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any discipline from any recognized college or university.

* Final year graduates are also eligible.

* Percentage criteria and age criteria are not required.

* Nationality:- Indian.

5th April 2013, 02:36 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hello friends… ..

If you are belongs to reserved category you can eligible for MBA.

Because for reserved categorys have 45% for MBA.

In india some colleges are there to provide MBA without consider graduation percentage.

You have a chance to join that colleges.

And for the MBA course you can eligible through the following exams

CAT,

MAT

XAT

ICET

All the best
6th April 2013, 06:53 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
With 45% of marks at graduation level you obviously can go for MBA but the problem is your marks has limited your options. So unfortunately you won't be able to sit for the most of the popular MBA entrance exams like CAT,SNAP,CMAT,XAT,IIFT which demands for 50% of marks in aggregate or more.

But if we try and look at the positive side of things then you have MAT. MAT stands for Management Aptitude Test and this exam is conducted by the AIMA. It is also a National level MBA entrance exam and on scoring good marks in this examination you can get the chance of studying MBA in some of the popular B-Schools in our country.

The main advantage of going for MAT is that it is conducted for four times a year. So you will always have lots of opportunities at hand to better your score if you think the first time experience didn't go too well.

This exam can be given by anyone who has got a bachelor's degree in any discipline of his choice. It just needs to be acquired from a recognized university. Since the minimum percentage to attain has not been mentioned therefore the pass marks would do.

Final year students are also eligible to give this exam who are about to sit for their final qualifying exam or awaiting the result of their final exam. Age is not a criteria here again. So you can give this exam anytime you want to.

Cost of Application Forms:- You can get the application form by paying Rs. 1200 to any one of the branches of Bank of Baroda, Axis Bank, listed Study Centres of AIMA OR from AIMA, New Delhi you can get the application form. You can also make a demand draft in favor of ‘All India Management Association’ payable at Delhi.

Top Colleges Through MAT Scores:-

~Christ University Institute of Management
~St. Joseph’s College of Business Administration
~Institute of Management Development & Research
~Institute of Technology & Management (ITM), Navi Mumbai
~Alliance School of Business, Alliance University
~International School of Business & Media (ISBM)
~Institute of Public Enterprise (IPE)
~MS Ramaiah Institute of Management (MSRIM)
~Jagan Institute of Management Studies (JIMS)
~Balaji Institute of Modern Management (BIMM)

Hope this helps :-> :->
22nd July 2013, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

can i do something in the field of mass communication with 41% in graduation
23rd July 2013, 02:28 PM
Namitamd

Hi,

Yes you can go for MBA course based on your lower percentage also. But you may not get the merit seat, instead you have to try for management seat by paying extra money to the college. It will be expensive but if you are really interested in doing MBA then you can go for management seat. You can also try for entrance exam and try to score good and then you may get little concession in your fees. So study well and appear for entrance of MBA and you will get the seat of management.
23rd July 2013, 04:55 PM
deepa...

Quote:
hi..
yes, yo u can go for MBA..

there are entrance exams to get admission for MBA..
CAT- it is an entrance exam for taking admission for MBA.
the eligibility for the same is:
* 50% marks in graduation for general category...
* 45% in SC/ST category.
if you are In second category, you can apply for CAT exam..

MAT is also an exam which will give admission for MBA in some colleges.
this does not require percentage in graduation, so you can apply through MAT for admission in MBA..
23rd July 2013, 05:37 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. It is a management related course that provides managerial skills to the candidates.

There are number of colleges and universities in India offering this course.

The duration of this course is 2 years.

One thing is sure that there are number of job opportunities for the candidates after completion of MBA course why because every business and every company need managers for smooth running of business.

As per your eligibility to join this course,

You did not mention the category that you belong which is very important for you to join MBA course.

One should have scored minimum 50% of marks with any of the stream in Graduation in order to be eligible to join this course.

If the candidate is from SC or ST category, he should have to secure minimum 45% of marks in Graduation.

There is no upper limit at all for the candidates to join this course. One can join this course at any age.

If you are from SC or ST category, then you are eligible to join MBA course.

The admission for this course will be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

Some of the popular Entrance Exams that give admission for this course are
CAT
MAT
GMAT
XAT etc.

There are number of specializations that are being available under MBA course.

You can join the one which you are interested and in accordance with the stream in Graduation.

Atleast try to secure good percentage of marks in MBA course. Then only you will be given job opportunities.

Develop good subject knowledge and improve your communication skills by the time you complete your MBA course.

Wish you all the best.
23rd July 2013, 11:40 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can do admission into MBA course but you will have limited options because of your Graduation percentage.

Most of the MBA entrance ask for 50% marks as eligibility criteria and you have 45% marks so you can't apply for exams like CAT, GMAT, SNAP etc.

But you can apply for MAT as it doesn't have any percentage criteria. For MAT graduation in any discipline with pass marks is enough. So you should start preparing for MAT if you want to do MBA.

Exam Pattern for MAT:

The exam will be objective type and it will have 200 questions. The questions will be from following topics.

-Language Comprehension

-Mathematical Skills

-Data Analysis

-Intelligence & Critical Reasoning

-Indian & Global Environment Section

There is no negative marking in this exam.

For more information visit http://www.aima.in
28th July 2013, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

i got 40% in b.com can i do mba in ap my cast BC
17th March 2014, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

I am aditi i had scored 44.5%marks in graduation and completed my M.COM with 60% marks so can apply for MBA from reputed college on M.com basis
please reply to my email:[email protected] as early as possible
17th March 2014, 11:44 PM
aditiaggarwal2691

I had completed my graduation & scored 44.5% and also completed M.com by 60% so can i do MBA from reputed college on M.com basis
11th April 2014, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

I am complete M.com with 54% but I will have 60% score .can I do again get m.com exam for scoring.
20th September 2014, 03:56 AM
Unregistered

I had graduation completed. scored by49.45% so I can apply form mat examination please tell me ask yes or not
25th May 2015, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 47% in my graduation, please let me know can I do the MBA ? If yes ,please tell me which college. My email Id is [email protected]. thank u .
27th November 2015, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

I am 44years old and I score 45 percent in graduation . I want to do MBA from distance learning how can I apply and from where I can do this
28th November 2015, 11:26 AM
Devi lal singh

Location: Dadhi bhola peersthan, P.O nalagarh distt Solan, Himchal Pradesh

Yes sure you can do MBA after scoring 45% marks in graduation. there are some collages who accept the students with 50% and less than that percentage marks. The following collages are:
1)
CMS Business School, Bangalore

2)
Alliance Business Academy

3)
Lovely Professional University
Here above the following collages you can go and join in any of the following collage and do MBA from there.
Thank you
19th December 2015, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MBA after scoring 45% in graduation in OBC cast or what are best course for this percantage
20th December 2015, 09:43 PM
iampiyushj

Dear guest,
Yes definitely you can pursue MBA even after getting 45% in your graduation.
Before getting admission in any MBA college you need to pass the entrance examination.
If you are planning for CAT and you are from SC/ST then you are eligible to apply for it.
For MAT and XAT, only completion of graduation is enough to be eligible for it.
Apart from Above, you can also apply in universities providing distance learning education facility.
10th April 2016, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MBA with 40 %marks in graduation. Plz if so Plz tell me the name of colleges in kolkata
3rd May 2016, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

My graduation percentage is 46.5. Can I get admitted in CAT or MAT exam for doing mba. Please help me. I completely ruined my career. I cannot do anything in future.
31st May 2016, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MBA after scoring 48% in Graduation & Post Graduation 55%
22nd June 2016, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

Can i do mba after securing 47 percent marks in graduation.i belong to a general category
12th July 2016, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

I have complete graduation with 51.8% but percentage calculated by total so real percentage is 44.3% so I am eligibility for M.B.A I belong to reserved category
18th July 2017, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

Hello
I have completed my graduation by scoring 45%
And I am looking for good reputed MBA colleges in Banglore
As I have done 1 year internship in a CA firm
Can you please suggest me some good colleges for MBA in Banglore.
22nd July 2017, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

Hello I have done my graduation 49.56 and I want to apply mba by mat exam can it will be possible if get high score can get top colleges
6th July 2018, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MBA in Hotel management after scoring 46.6% in graduation? My cast is OBC..
25th October 2018, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

I had completed my graduation & scored 44% and also completed M.com by 60% so can i do MBA??
15th November 2019, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir. I have passed b.sc 46%...i looking for distance MBA study.what is processor. Please suggest me sir

My mail id- [email protected]
2nd March 2021, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

if i have 49.56% in graduation(B.COM) so can i apply for MBA in ignou???
11th June 2021, 09:21 PM
Afreen0786

MBA stands for (Master of Business Administration)
After scoring 45%in graduation you can do MBA

Master of Business Administration, a two years Post Graduation Course and can be pursed through cracking entrance exam like CAT/MAT/XAT etc
16th June 2021, 04:39 PM
Afreen0786

If you are OBC/ST/SC/NT/VJNT are domicile of your domestic state then you can apply for MBA with 47% in graduation in your state,

And MBA -stands for Master of Business Administration which is a 2-year postgraduate course in management stream.
27th April 2023, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 49.9% goa university can I get admission in MBA?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?