20th October 2012, 09:24 PM
shailankx

Can I do MSc in astrophysics after doing MSCI(integrated masters) in physics with particle physics

Can i do msc in astrophysics after doing msci(integrated masters) in physics with particle physics? Please tell me. I want to do both astrophysics and particle physics. How can i?

15th April 2017, 10:13 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I do MSc in astrophysics after doing MSCI(integrated masters) in physics with particle physics

Yes. You can apply for M.Sc (Astrophysics) after completion of M.Sc (Physics). You should choose any one course to make a good score in M.Sc and go forward in that. After completion of M.Sc, You can appear & qualify entrance exam JEST and can get admission in Ph.D which enables you to become a Astronomer, Astronaut, Astrophysicist, Scientist or Researcher in the field of space science.

Institutes Offering M.Sc (Astrophysics)
- Jadavpur University
- Punjabi University
- Gujarat University
- Punjab University
- Lucknow University
- Madurai Kamraj University
- Pune University
- Roorkee University
- Delhi University
- Calcutta University
- Bangalore University
- Burdwan University
- Gorakhpur University

Skills Required In Astrophysics
- Curiosity
- Scientific Blend of Mind
- Ability to Work for a Long Time
- Perseverance
- Good Programming Skills
- Intelligence
- Persistence
- High Imagination Power

Job Prospects
After completion of your M.Sc (Astrophysics), You may have career opportunities in a organization involved in research sectors.

Organizations Involved In Research Sectors
- Indian Research Organization (ISRO)
- Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore
- Aryabhata Research Institute of Observational Sciences, Nainital
- National Center of Radio Astrophysics, Pine
- Raman Research Institute, Bangalore
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai
- Inter-University Centre of Astronomy and Astrophysics, Pune
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?