20th July 2019, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I do Nursing courses after completing 12th from Arts stream?

Hi, I have completed my 12th Board exams from Arts stream. Am I eligible to do Nursing courses for my graduation? If not, then what should I do to become eligible?

22nd July 2019, 05:00 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Nursing courses after completing 12th from Arts stream?

The minimum education required for pursuing degree or diploma course in Nursing is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Banking as main subjects from a recognized board of education.

So, having completed your Class 12th in Arts stream, you are not eligible for pursuing Nursing courses and in order to pursue the same course you are required to reappear for your Class 12th academics but in science stream with PCB group as main subjects for your Class 12th.
22nd July 2019, 05:16 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The minimum education required for pursuing degree or diploma course in Nursing is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects from a recognized board of education.

So, having completed your Class 12th in Arts stream, you are not eligible for pursuing Nursing courses and in order to pursue the same course you are required to reappear for your Class 12th academics but in science stream with PCB group as main subjects for your Class 12th.
22nd July 2019, 06:37 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to pursue the nursing course.

The eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCB as main paper. The admission procedure varies with institutes.

So, as per the educational qualification you are not eligible to get admission in the course.
22nd July 2019, 07:05 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

It is not possible to get admission in Nursing course with Arts stream.

The eligibility to get admission in Nursing course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper.

So, only candidates with PCB are eligible to get admission in Nursing course.
22nd July 2019, 10:50 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

After passing your 12th with Arts, you can join ANM, GNM diploma courses but preference in most of the colleges is first given to medical students.
But you can apply in private colleges because there you will get Admission without any issue.
23rd July 2019, 12:50 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Candidates passed 12th in Arts stream are not eligible to get admission in the B.Sc Nursing course.

The required eligibility to get the admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCB.

Entrance examination is conducted by most of the colleges for the admission in the course.

You are not eligible for the admission.
23rd July 2019, 04:04 PM
mani98

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for Nursing after completing 12th with arts. You need to complete the graduation from any recognised university.

So first you need to complete graduation after you can apply for the nursing course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?