24th April 2012, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

Can I do PG in Actuarial Science after graduating in B.A Economics Hons? When is the exam conducted?

I am a graduate in B.A. Economics (hons.).
Can I do postgraduation in acturial science. From where can I do and when is the entance exam conducted?

Related Questions:
  1. Is post graduation of any use to excel in Actuarial career?
  2. How to apply for Actuarial Science with Eco(Hons) after scoring 100 marks in Maths in 12th? Can I opt for acturial science with B.Com(Hons)? List of colleges from where I can do Actuarial Science?
  3. After doing BSc Hons and Maths should I do MSc Actuarial Science?
  4. How to do graduation in Actuarial Science and what are the career prospect of this subject? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I pursue my Masters in Economics after graduating from BCom Hons..?
  6. Universities/colleges having Actuarial Science courses in India? How to make a career in Actuarial Science being an economics graduate?
  7. How to do MSc in Actuarial Science after studying BSc Maths?
  8. How to join coaching centers after doing MSc in Actuarial Science? What is the procedure to apply? I have completed BSc Hons Maths
  9. Actuarial Science Examination-Foundations of Casualty Actuarial Science-Part II Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  10. How can I do MSC actuarial science through correspondence? How may I get scholarship in these courses? I'm living in South Africa and done B.Sc(Hons) in maths
  11. Cutoff list for PG courses in Hyderabad?
  12. Annamalai University - P.G. Diploma in Actuarial Science- Basics of Actuarial Science Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  13. Can i pursue MA Economics after B.Com Hons..?
  14. Am I eligible for economics Hons after completing 12th with 86% with science stream
  15. What is the best option after BSc? I have completed BSc statistics
  16. Am I eligible for economics hons in Delhi school of Economics?
  17. Is it possible to do Post graduation in Actuarial Science after completing BBA? -- [New]
  18. Which are the colleges in India for M.Sc in Actuarial Science?

9th June 2012, 02:24 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do PG in Actuarial Science after graduating in B.A Economics Hons? When is the exam conducted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a graduate in B.A. Economics (hons.).
Can I do postgraduation in acturial science. From where can I do and when is the entance exam conducted?
Actuarial Science is basically conducted under the regulation of The Institute of Actuaries of India. However, there are various universities which offers training programs of the course as undergraduate as well as post graduate programs.
In order to be considered eligible for the program, one must have studied Mathematics as well as Statistics in the Higher Secondary/Bachelors Level. Apart from that, the candidate willing to pursue the course needs to qualify Actuarial Common Entrance Test. The test is conducted in the month of June-July and in order to apply for the same, one may opt the online mode of application available on the official website of The Institute of Actuaries of India.
The course comprise of a total of 15 papers and those who qualifies all the papers becomes eligible to take up the profession of an Actuary. As far as duration of the course is concerned, there is no fixed duration as candidates depending upon their preparation, may qualify all the papers in a single year or a single paper in one year.
The Examination is conducted twice a year in the following months:
In the month of May
In the month of November

For more information, refer to the official website of The Institute of Actuaries of India.

28th February 2013, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I do PG in Actuarial Science after graduating in B.A Economics Hons? When is the exam conducted?

Best pg course after B.A Public Administration,History,Sociology

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?