12th July 2010, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

Can I do Ph.D with my NET certificate? Procedure to apply for it?

i qualified my net entrance exam in 2008 for lecturership in nutrition.can i do my p.hd with that certificate.if yes what is the procedure.if reply soon...thanking you.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do Ph.D with my NET certificate? Procedure to apply for it? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How can I get JRF Certificate? Do I need any experience to get the certificate? Can I appear in PhD entrance?
  3. Procedure to apply for UGC-NET to study PhD in Commerce for M.Com postgraduate?
  4. Admission process for Ph.D. course in Organic Chemistry?
  5. Procedure of college or university selection after qualifying NET JRF exam for PhD? How an employed person can do Ph.D after qualifying NET JRF exam? -- [New]
  6. Do I need to crack NET for pursuing PhD at JNU and DU? Eligibility to apply?
  7. Procedure of college or university selection after qualifying NET JRF exam for PhD? How an employed person can do phd after qualifying NET JRF exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Am I eligible to study PhD in Microbiology with ICAR NET certificate?
  9. Procedure to apply for PhD program in Ranchi University for UGC-NET-JRF qualified candidate? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Procedure to get certificate for UGC-NET qualified candidate? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Am I eligible to do PhD being a Statistics postgraduate? Procedure to apply?
  12. Entrance exam to pursue PhD in Pharmacy after M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
  13. Entrance exam for doing PhD in Pharmacy after M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
  14. Entrance exam for doing PHD in Pharmacy after M.Sc Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
  15. Eligibility to study PhD for a postgraduate?
  16. What is the procedure followed for applying Ph.D course after completion of MA?
  17. Can I do Ph.D in IIT if I cleared UGC NET in Lectureship?
  18. Procedure to get admission in Ph.D(Pharmaceutics)? For which subject I should apply for UGC-NET if want to study Ph.D in Ceutics? Basic difference between Part Time and Full Time Ph.D?
28th July 2011, 08:30 AM
Tribhuwankumar1990

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D with my NET certificate? Procedure to apply for it?

no you are required to give exam of the institute conducting the course.
various institute offer the course after a test
other eligibility conditions are mentioned below-

Applicant Eligibility

Applicants must have first class or 60% marks (55% for SC/ST) in:

Master's degree in any branch of Engineering with adequate exposure to Industrial Engineering and Operations Research.
M.Sc. in Mathematics, Statistics in Mathematics, Operations Research or Statistics.
Bachelor's degree in any branch of Engineering with an excellent academic record.

NOTE: Candidate with Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Master's degree in Science must have a valid GATE score to become eligible for Teaching/Research Assistantships provided by the Institute.
Application Categories

Broadly, there are two types of applicants:

Full-time Research Scholar (usually stay on-campus and work full-time towards the Ph.D. degree)
Part-time Research Scholar (usually employed with some organization and work part time towards the Ph.D. degree)

Within these are different categories of applicants, which should be indicated in the Application Form.

Full-Time Research Scholar
TA Teaching Assistantship
SW Sponsored Full-time
SF Self-financed
FA Govt./ Semi-Govt. Fellowship Awardees (QIP, CSIR, UGC, DAE, DST, DBT, NBHM, etc)
Part-Time Research Scholar
IS Institute Faculty / Staff
RA Research Assistantship
PS Project Staff
EX Sponsored for External Registration
CT Candidate from Colleges/ Education Institutes (in and around Mumbai)

Application Procedure

Visit IITB admission page for the latest Information Brochure, Application Forms, and Admission Schedule.
Send in your duly completed application packet to Assistant Registrar (Academic), IIT Bombay, Powai,Mumbai – 400076
Your application packet MUST contain the following:
Filled in Ph.D. Application Form
Completed ‘Statement of Purpose’
One letter of recommendation in the specified format, and in the specified labeled envelope
Two self addressed envelops (size 27cms X 12 cms)
Demand Draft of Rs. 300/- (Rs. 150/- for SC/ST) in favor of ‘Registrar, IIT Bombay’
A written test will be conducted to evaluate the quantitative ability of the candidates. There will be an interview for shortlisted candidates. The dates for the test and interview will be announced.
16th July 2012, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D with my NET certificate? Procedure to apply for it?

Hello, I have cleared UGC NET JRF June 2012 (exam was held on 24th of December 2012). But there is no mention of my JRF in the e- certificate. I want to apply for Ph.D. with JRF. Shall I get any JRF certificate? What is the proof of my JRF?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?