23rd July 2011, 10:31 AM
Unregistered

Can I be eligible for Civil Services after completing B.E course?

I want know the classes time of b.e. Evening plan. & i want know how it diffrent to b.tech. ? And after complete b.e. Course i am elegible for civil services?

23rd August 2012, 06:45 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible for Civil Services after completing B.E course?

A B.E graduate can certainly apply for civil services. You cannot attempt this exam if you are above 30 years of age. UPSC Civil services exam involves a preliminary test as well as a main test. You can apply for either IAS/IPS posts on clearing this exam. Those who get through both levels of written exam can appear for physical test and P.I.
12th May 2013, 01:50 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible for Civil Services after completing B.E course?

Civil Services Exams are conducted once by UPSC.
Minimum qualification required to appear for these exams is Graduation from a recognized university.
So after completing your B.E. degree ,you are eligible for this exam........

UPSC fills IAS, IPS and other central service postions by a three stage process:
1. CSAT
2. Civil Services Mains
3. Interview

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Educational Qualifications :
Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Number of Attempts:
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

How to apply:
•Apply online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
•Apply offline by purchasing the application form from designated post offices throughout the country.

For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?