5th January 2012, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to pursue Ph.D in USA having completed MCA in the year of 2010 from India?

hi i did my MCA(Masters of computer science) in 2010 from India,now I have come to USA and wants to pursue for Phd,plese tell me what is the procedure

1st June 2012, 09:55 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to pursue Ph.D in USA having completed MCA in the year of 2010 from India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi i did my MCA(Masters of computer science) in 2010 from India,now I have come to USA and wants to pursue for Phd,plese tell me what is the procedure
Nice to see that you are Interested to take admission in Phd from USA, If you have completed your Masters degree course then you can apply for the admissions in Phd from USA, If you want to pursue your higher education i.e PhD in USA, then you need to appear for GRE. GRE is conducted every year. Educational Testing Services (ETS) conducts GRE. GRE Subject Test is a special requirement for Phd.

You have to apply for the TOEFL Test, if English is not your first language. Both these test are Standardized.

When you successfully appeared for these tests, then you have to request for the applications from the universities where you would like to apply. You can request the applications by visiting their university website. When you complete fill the application form, you will need these documents necessary:

~~ Transcripts i.e marks-sheet
~~ Statement of Purpose of admission
~~ Your Resume
~~ Bank Statement
~~ Financial support certificate
~~ Recommendations by teachers.
1st June 2012, 11:31 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to pursue Ph.D in USA having completed MCA in the year of 2010 from India?

To study abroad one needs to sit for GRE or TOEFL exam which is conducted by ETS.
here is the full gre syllabus for you:- http://www.infinitecourses.com/Searc...11&QueryId=440

Books to follow for GRE:- barron's gre books is one of the most sought after.
You will also get innumerable gre sample papers online. You can go through them to get the hang of it. best of luck
19th July 2012, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

Phd in computer science can you help me out with this
12th May 2013, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

Hi i am an postgradute student completing mca this year from andhrauniversity can i get admision for phd in usa i want to complete my phd in one year is that possible plz
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?