8th December 2016, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in 2nd year Engineering directly after completing Diploma course?

Respected Sir, I am pursuing Diploma course and after completing Diploma I want to take admission in Engineering. I want to know can I get admission in 2nd year Engineering directly after completing Diploma course? If yes then please tell me the procedure.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in 2nd year Engineering directly after completing Diploma course?
  2. Can I get admission in BA after completing Diploma in Mechanical to prepare for MPSC exam? Can I get admission in BA 2nd year directly?
  3. How to take admission directly after completing last year diploma in electrical engineering?
  4. Can I get admission directly in 2nd year of Computer Engineering after completing Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication?
  5. After ITI which course is best for me in Software?
  6. How can I get admission in Anna University for 2nd year BE Printing Technology after completing 3 year Diploma in Printing Technology?
  7. Is Aeronautical Engineering possible after Diploma in Mechatronics?
  8. Can I get admission in 2nd year of B.Arch through Lateral Entry after completing 3 years Diploma in Architecture?
  9. How Much percentage is required for diploma in computer engineering?
  10. Am I eligible to get admission in BA 2nd year after completing Diploma in Information Technology? What is the procedure for admission? -- [New]
  11. Diploma in architecture after passing 10th with 55%?
  12. What is the procedure to be followed for joining engineering directly to 3rd year after completion of diploma course?
  13. Can I get admission to study 12th Commerce after completing 2nd semester of Mechanical Engineering Diploma course?
  14. How to get B.Tech degree having done ITI (MET)? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Can I get admission in 3rd year of engineering after completing 2 years of diploma course?
  16. Procedure to take admission in direct 2nd year Diploma in maharashtra after 12th PCM?
  17. Can I get admission in 3rd year B.Com directly after completing Diploma in Engineering?
  18. How can I get admission directly in 2nd year of degree course in a Government College after completing Diploma scoring 85% marks?
9th December 2016, 12:13 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in 2nd year Engineering directly after completing Diploma course?

Yes, after completion of diploma degree you will be eligible to get admission in the 2nd year of B.Tech or B.E course.

To get the admission the candidates have to appear and qualify in LEET ( Lateral Entry Entrance Test ) and the examination is conducted by various government and private universities.

So, candidates have to appear and qualify in entrance examination conducted by universities in which you want to get admission.
9th December 2016, 07:03 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get admission in 2nd year Engineering directly after completing Diploma course?

If you are doing your diploma in engineering only then you can get admission in second year of B.TECH or BE. After completion of your diploma in engineering with minimum of 60% marks from a recognized institution you will be eligible for LEET exam. This is a lateral entry exam for admission in B.TECH and after qualifying in this exam you will get the admission in second year of engineering. Thanks
9th December 2016, 08:25 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am pursuing Diploma course and after completing Diploma I want to take admission in Engineering. I want to know can I get admission in 2nd year Engineering directly after completing Diploma course? If yes then please tell me the procedure.
After completion of diploma course, you are eligible for Engineering course through lateral entry exam.

Eligibility criteria for lateral entry exam:-

(i)Candidate should have passed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy with above 50% marks.

(ii)Candidate should have passed Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with Mathematics as a subject with above 50% marks.

(iii)Candidate's age should be above 18 years.
9th December 2016, 08:47 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Yes, after completion of the diploma course you are eligible to get admission in the engineering course in 2nd year.

To get the admission candidates have to appear and qualify in the entrance examination conducted by universities.

The required eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed diploma from a recognised university with minimum 60% ( varies with universities ).

So, you can appear for examination and after qualifying in LEET examination eligible for admission in engineering course.
9th December 2016, 09:22 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you are eligible to get admission in 2nd year of Engineering course directly after completion of your three years Diploma course. Candidates who have passed three years Diploma in Engineering course from a recognised institute are eligible to get direct admission in second year of four years engineering course through lateral entry admission process. You need to appear and qualify the lateral entry examinations like LEET, ECT, JELET, etc., which is conducted by your respective state technical board to get admission in Engineering course.
10th December 2016, 10:45 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

LEET is the examination through which diploma candidates can get admission directly in second year in Bachelor's degree in engineering. LEET stands for Lateral Entry Entrance Test. Eligibility criteria for this exam:

*Your institute from which you have done diploma must be approved by AICTE.

*Minimum percentage of marks required to apply for LEET in diploma is 60%.

Your state technical university will conduct LEET exam and you can apply for this exam and pass in it to get admission in second year of engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?