23rd October 2017, 10:10 PM
Deepakpatil87

Can I get admission for B.Tech computer science or IT after completion of diploma in civil engineering?

I have completed my diploma in civil engineering (MSBTE board). and I want to change my branch to the computer or in IT engineering. So can I get an admission in the computer (B.E) or in IT (B.E)? If YES then please let me know What are the requirements and procedures?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission for B.Tech computer science or IT after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  2. Am I eligible to get direct admission to 3rd year Civil engineering after completion of diploma in Computer Science engineering?
  3. Courses available to study for a candidate who has completed 10th around 6 years ago?
  4. Can I get admission in B.Tech civil engineering after completing diploma in computer science engineering in government college
  5. Can I take admission in B.Tech civil engineering after diploma in computer science engineering in government college
  6. What is the procedure followed for getting admission for Civil engineering after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  7. After completing ITI Mechanical Electronics which are the courses offered? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Which should be a better option after 10th, if my aim is civil engineering?
  9. What should I do to study B.Tech in Computer Engineering being an Electrical Diploma engineering student?
  10. Which course is good in polytechnic after 10th?
  11. Am I eligible to get admission for doing engineering in abroad after completion of diploma in computer science?
  12. Is there any course available to do after completion of diploma in computer science?
  13. Which course is better for me after completion of Diploma in Computer Science Engineering?
  14. Mr. Ummend Singh Bhati Group of College is AICTE accredited or not?
  15. What should I do further after completing Diploma in Computer Science Engineering being a economically poor candidate?
  16. Entrance exams available to study BTech(Computer Science Engineering) in JNTU, Hyderabad? -- [New]
  17. How long it will take to complete BA course after completion of Diploma in Computer Science Engineering?
  18. Can we do something for career after 10th?
24th October 2017, 06:42 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get admission for B.Tech computer science or IT after completion of diploma in civil engineering?

Diploma in Engineering candidates are eligible for admission in Bachelor of Technology. Depending upon your rank in engineering entrance examination, you can get admission in any engineering stream.

Diploma holders are eligible for admission in Indian Institutes of Technology on basis of Joint Entrance Examination. To get admission in state level engineering colleges, you need to apply for Lateral Engineering Entrance Test. You need to have minimum of 60% marks in diploma to apply for LEET.
24th October 2017, 08:41 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission for B.Tech computer science or IT after completion of diploma in civil engineering?

No, you can't get admission for B.Tech Computer Science or IT after completion of your Diploma in Civil Engineering course. To be eligible to get admission for pursuing B.Tech Computer Science course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream from a Government recognised board. So, being a Diploma in Civil Engineering holder, you are not eligible to get admission for pursuing B.Tech Computer Science course.
24th October 2017, 09:10 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to purse the B.Tech in Computer Science stream after diploma course in Civil Engineering.

Candidates passed diploma course in civil engineering are eligible to get admission in 3rd semester of B. Tech course only in same discipline.

So, if you want to get admission in B.Tech course you are only eligible for admission in civil engineering.

Candidates have to qualify in entrance examination for admission in respective colleges.
25th October 2017, 12:16 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission in B.E or B.Tech in Computer or IT.

Candidates can pursue the B.Tech course only in Civil engineering ( only in the stream in which they have completed diploma course).

To get admission in B.Tech course through lateral entry candidates have to appear and qualify in LEET examination conducted by the respective institute or university for admission.

Through lateral entry candidates admission in 2nd year of B.Tech or B.E course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?