12th May 2019, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in Indian Military Academy even after failing in 12th?

I appeared for my 12th board exams and unfortunately I failed in the exams. So, now is it possible to get admission in Indian Military Academy for pursuing the further studies?

20th May 2019, 08:31 PM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

Default Re: Can I get admission in Indian Military Academy even after failing in 12th?

The criteria for appearing Indian military academy are
1) To pass 12 standard with physics, chemistry and math
2) To pass their utterance exam
So , according to the criteria you will not be able to join the course as you have failed the exam
21st May 2019, 09:01 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in Indian Military Academy even after failing in 12th?

No, you can’t get admission in Indian Military Academy after failing in 12th standard. To be eligible to join Indian Military Academy, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a recognised board. You should be an unmarried male candidate in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years. Since, you have not passed 12th standard, you are not eligible to join Indian Military Academy.
21st May 2019, 07:22 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

To join Indian Military Academy (IMA) one of the four wings of CDS (Combined Defense Services), you are required to qualify the CDS entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

Further, the minimum education required to apply for appearing in CDS entrance examination to join IMA are as below :-

* You must hold the nationality of Indian.

* Your age need to lie within 20 years to 24 years.

* You must have completed your degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. Students pursuing final year of their bachelor's degree course are also eligible.

* You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

So, having failed in your Class 12th examination, it is evident from above mentioned eligibility criteria that you are not eligible for joining IMA unless you complete your graduation degree course.

For more details regarding the CDS entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?