15th April 2015, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission to study B.Sc in Geography if pursuing 12th PCM?

Hello,
I want to study B.Sc in Geography after
my 12th. But I have taken PCM in 12th and
not Geography. So is this possible for me
for getting admission?

Related Questions:
  1. What was the cut-off percentage for last year M.Sc(geography) admission? I've secured 61% marks in Geography
  2. Can I get admission in M.Sc course with geography stream? I have done B.Sc with geography stream and scored 61% marks.
  3. Am I eligible to get admission for B.Sc Maths Honors after completion of 12th Class in PCM with 58% of marks?
  4. Can I take admission in BSc Nautical Science after passing 12th? I have scored 58.66% in PCM
  5. Admission in any government college after passing 12th from PCM with 52%?
  6. What to do after passing 12th PCM with 81% marks
  7. Can I get higher education in NASA after completion of graduation? I am pursuing BSc with PCM
  8. Which college is better for admission in Bsc Hons after passing 12th class with 55% in PCM?
  9. What to do after BSc in Geography?
  10. Study center of IGNOU in Kolkata where MSc in Geography is available. -- [Most Discussed]
  11. What can I do after B.A in Geography or M.A in Geography? How to do higher studies in Geography in India?
  12. Which is more preferable after completed 12th std with PCM, either B.Sc, BBA or BCA? I don't want to do B.Sc
  13. can I do B.E after doing BSc? I have scored 38% in PCM in 12th course
  14. Will I be able to do MSc Geology after completing BSc Geography or BSc Applied Science or BSc Geography?
  15. Can I get admission in BSc Maths(Hons) after scoring 58% in PCM in 12th CBSE board
  16. Which is more preferable for better future prospective, either BCA, B.Sc or BBA? I've completed 12th std with PCM
  17. How to take admission in MDU in BSc through correspondence? I have passed 12th this year with 75% in PCM
  18. Can I study B.Sc again based on 12th PCM?
15th April 2015, 11:07 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study B.Sc in Geography if pursuing 12th PCM?

# You can completed the intermediate in PCM stream. But now you are thinking about changing the subjects in graduation onwards.

# It is difficult to understand the motive behind the changing of subjects at this stage of career.

# Whatever the reason behind your decision, you can change the subjects in graduation.

# You can surely opt the Geography subject in graduation degree without appearing in any entrance examination.

# But you may face the problem that you will not be comfortable initially while competing to other students. The reason is that you have not strong basic concepts in comparison to other students.

# You have to make out the special preparation for strengthening the basic & elementary knowledge by studying NCERT books and by studying geography books of 11th & 12th standards.
15th April 2015, 11:08 PM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get admission to study B.Sc in Geography if pursuing 12th PCM?

Yes, you are eligible for B.Sc in geography after completion of 12th class.

Institutes Offering B.Sc. - Geography

A.A. Govt. Arts College for Men
Alagappa Government Arts College
Arambag Girls' College
Govt. Gandhi Memorial Science College, Jammu
Govt. Madhav Vigyan Mahavidyalaya
Guru Nanak Khalsa College
Guru Nanak Khalsa College
H.M. College of Science and Technology
Jamia Milia Islamia University, Delhi
Arcade Business College
27th September 2016, 04:27 AM
Unregistered

I want to study B.sc honors in geography but my subjects was biology ,chemistry and geography in 12. So is this possible to get admission ?
2nd November 2017, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 12th in 2013 with pcm and i want to take admission in bsc in geography...Can i take admission now after almost 4 years of completion of 12th standard...If i can then whats the actually procedure for this??
11th May 2018, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

Sir Can I get Bsc. GEOGRAPHY even though I have PVM and no geography in class 12th???Is it possible in kolkata????
29th May 2018, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed my 12 without taking geography, will it be possible for me to take geography in BA.
13th March 2019, 02:39 AM
Unregistered

Is math compulsory in class 11 and 12 to have a B.Sc dgree in geography?
14th October 2019, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

Can I do BSc geography without physics and chemistry in 12th class I have done with nios , I have biology , geography, and environmental science
16th October 2019, 03:23 AM
Unregistered

Is economics is necessary for bsc honours in geography?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?