22nd July 2011, 04:20 PM
vsandu2

Can I get direct admission for MCA having completed my B.Sc. Degree in Open University? List of colleges offering the MCA course?

hi sir,i was completed my b.sc degree in open university, can i get direct admission in mca regular stream without donation? plz send me offered list of colleges in india

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get direct admission to study MCA being a distance IT graduate? List of colleges in Kolkata? -- [New]
  2. List of government colleges offering direct admission in MCA PG course? Fee structure for it?
  3. List of reputed institutes offering MCA through distance learning mode?
  4. Can I study MCA after completing B.Sc without Computer Application? List of colleges with good placement facility?
  5. Is MCA a better option or should I do another course? Registered MCA colleges in Mumbai?
  6. List of colleges offering MCA course at regular level for students who did BCA through distance learning?
  7. List of colleges offering admission in MCA in Madurai?
  8. Am I eligible to study MCA being a BA graduate from Open University? Percentage required in BA and PGDCA to get admission in MCA?
  9. Which are the colleges offering direct admission in MCA PG course? What is the procedure and the fee structure?
  10. Which university is good for correspondence MCA? Detailed information about admission in 2nd year of MCA?
  11. Can I get admission in MCA after taking non maths in 12th? List of the colleges?
  12. How to do PhD after MCA? Admission will be based upon any entrance or direct?
  13. Can I take admission directly to MCA 2nd year?
  14. Percentage required in 12th, requirements, expenses and list of colleges offering MCA program in India?
  15. How to take admission in MCA 2nd year after doing BCA from WBUT
  16. Is MCA(Management) good or MCA(Sci) for BSc computer science student? What is the difference between both? List of college of MCA(Management) in Pune University?
  17. List of colleges which offers MCA in Chennai?
  18. Want to do MCA after BSc(IT) from NIIT. What are Best colleges, there admission procedure and fee structure for MCA? -- [Most Discussed]
22nd July 2011, 05:30 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get direct admission for MCA having completed my B.Sc. Degree in Open University? List of colleges offering the MCA course?

Any graduate who has passed or appearing for the final year degree examination in any discipline (Science, Commerce, Arts, Engineering or any approved University) is eligible to apply for MCA.
Candidates must have mathematics as a subject in their 10+2 course or any one year of graduation.

Most institutes conduct their own MCA entrance tests but there are also some centralized entrance tests for MCA.
AIMCET (all India entrance of MCA) is one such MCA entrance test.

There are many other MCA entrance exam taking place all over India.

So you have to sit in atleast any one of the MCA entrance exams.

While most of the MCA entrance tests have objective questions, some universities follow a mixed pattern of objective, short-answer, and long-answer types of questions.
Some Institutes also conduct group discussion and an interview for getting admission.

The top colleges and Universities in India are---

Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU),

Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS),

Sikkim Manipal University,

Banaras Hindu University (BHU),

NSHM,

Delhi University,

University of Pune.
22nd July 2011, 08:09 PM
mandiv

Default Re: Can I get direct admission for MCA having completed my B.Sc. Degree in Open University? List of colleges offering the MCA course?

hello
admission in MCA is done on the basis of merits of entrance exam
for this a candidate must have done BCA/BBA/B.Tech with a minimum of 60% from a recognized university.....
there is no such provision for direct admission
the top universities in india are
Banaras Hindu University
Bharathiar University -Coimbatore
Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS)
Calicut University
Delhi University
Goa University
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
Jawaharlal Nehru University
Kerala University
Madurai Kamaraj University
Mahatma Gandhi University
MN National Institute of Technology (NIT)-Allahabad
Nagpur University
National Institute of Technology (NIT) Calicut
Pondicherry Central University
Pune University
Punjab University
Vellore Institute Of Technology

you may seek admission in any of these universities
best of luck
22nd July 2011, 09:31 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Hey, why this question of Donation arise here, if you fullfill the minimum eligibility criterian of the university than what is the question of donation. Well some university have some rules that restricting to take admission to PG course as a regular candidate if you are changing stream( as in your case) however one can join another PG course only on permission to be accorded by the vice chancelor. So it would be better to cantact individual college before taking admission.
22nd July 2011, 10:02 PM
vivekdas.raja

Smile Re: Can I get direct admission for MCA having completed my B.Sc. Degree in Open University? List of colleges offering the MCA course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsandu2 View Post
hi sir,i was completed my b.sc degree in open university, can i get direct admission in mca regular stream without donation? plz send me offered list of colleges in india
yes you can get direct admission in mca but you have to clear some exams.....
23rd July 2011, 10:52 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

After completion of B.Sc course you can certainly apply for the MCA course. But for that it is a must that the course should have been pursued from an AICTE recognized institute. Also a first class in graduation is required for admission purpose in most institutes. The candidates will need to appear for entrance exam conducted either by the institute or common entrance exam. Some of the famous institutes in India include IIT, BITS Ranchi, PSG college.
24th July 2011, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

I have done BSc(IT) from KSOU and want to do MCA/ MSC(IT) which is best and it should be two years course please help me.
24th July 2011, 07:40 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

You can't take direct admission in MCA.Admission in MCA is based on the entrance exam.you have to scored good marks for admission in Best MCA college.

For admission in MCA maths in 12th is must.without maths in 12th you can't take admission in MCA college.for admission in MCA you have required 50% marks in your graduation.

There are various MCA college in India but some colleges are best.Best MCA college are-

Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU),

Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS),

Sikkim Manipal University,

Jawaharlal Nehru University

Kerala University

Madurai Kamaraj University

Mahatma Gandhi University

MN National Institute of Technology (NIT)-Allahabad

Nagpur University

National Institute of Technology (NIT) Calicut

Pondicherry Central University

Pune University

Punjab University

Vellore Institute Of Technology
31st July 2011, 02:26 AM
Unregistered

Can I get direct admission for MCA having completed my B.C.A. Degree in Open University? Can i join Madras University?
1st August 2011, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

i am a working school teacher. i completed my pg in physics and i have a pgdca diploma.i am aged 33. i want to change my career and want to shift to software side. is it possible to get a job at this age? if so what are the courses i had to do?
22nd August 2011, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

procedure for mca
taking addmission in shivaji university , kohlapur
13th February 2012, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

i have completed the my 12thclass from open university can i join in regular degree college
21st October 2012, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

iam doing bsc computer science from du.I want to know that how much % i needed to get direct admmission in MCA/MSC from du.Also scoring close to 85% is enough for admmission in other college with scolarship
5th December 2012, 07:06 AM
Unregistered

Is one sitting bsc computer science is eligible for msc computer science
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?