7th January 2013, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a job after completing B.Tech in mechanical branch

On which field we can get job after complete the b.tech with mechnical branch....

Guide me plz

22nd January 2013, 06:20 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a job after completing B.Tech in mechanical branch

You can try for a job in mechanical engineering field or automobile sector. Recently a lot of PSU have invited applications for Graduate Engineer Trainee. GATE qualified candidates with at least 60-65% marks can apply. You can also try for IAS or IES. In banks and Defense, you can join to the position of ‘Technical Officer’.
23rd January 2013, 03:09 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
On which field we can get job after complete the b.tech with mechnical branch....Guide me plz
Nice question. Many IT and core company offer job for the B.Tech holder with mechanical branch. On-campus facility is also given by the college in the final year of the B.Tech candidates. PSU company take recruitment through the GATE examination so i advise you to also prepare for the GATE examination examination.

Do prepare well for the GATE examination if your score in the GATE examination will be good then you will be call for the direct personal interview by the PSU company. So, you can get a job in the both sector IT or in Core. Many company conducts off-campus recruitment process for the B.Tech. You can also apply for the off-campus.

So, Prepare well for the upcoming recruitment process. Only hard work is the key of success. Wish you all the best for your brightness career.
23rd January 2013, 03:23 AM
saikrishna39

Thumbs up Re: Can I get a job after completing B.Tech in mechanical branch

mechanical engineering has lots of options after completing btech as it is a core branch and compared to other branches the outcome students are less and competition is less than ece and cse branches....

from 2013 gate score is considered to enter reputed PSU companies like BHEL, NTPC ,HPCL, IOCL ,EOCL, MESCON etc..

Top Companies in this field are
1. Automobile and auto part manufacturers
2. Aerospace industry
3. Various Government sector undertakings
4. Aviation companies
5. Steel plants
6. Thermal plants and gas turbine manufacturers
7. Air conditioning and refrigeration industry
8. Shipping industry
9. Engineering consultancies
10. Armed forces
27th June 2013, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

Can i get a job in private companies like Tata motors through gate score card
15th July 2013, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

I have completed btech mechanical also diploma in tool and engineering. But i have only 8 month exp after diploma and 2yr teaching exp in an iti. Plz help me. I want good job with good salary. I didnt atend gate exam. How and what are the job placement for me?
18th July 2013, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

I have finished my btech IT ,. But am working in production deparment in mechanical company.. Is the right or wrong selection.. Please help me
10th August 2013, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

is it better to take core branches or up coming new branches?
11th August 2013, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

How can I get a job in Banking Sector after completing engineering in Mechanical branch?
11th August 2013, 11:08 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

There will be good number of job opportunities for the candidates after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering.

Only thing is that you should have the required eligibility criteria to grab those job opportunities.

One should have to secure minimum 60% of marks in B.Tech course in order to be eligible for various jobs.

One can get Job Opportunities both in private sector and public sector.

Some of the public sector companies will be

SAIL
GAIL
NTPC
ONGC etc.

Not only these companies, in private sector also, there are good jobs for the candidates.

GATE score will be given preference while getting jobs on the basis of Mechanical Engineering.

So, try to get good score in GATE Exam (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering).

You can get job opportunities in any of the following modes

On campus placements
Off campus placements
Job Melas
Job Portals
Company Walkins

Try to upload your resume in various job portals and update it regularly.

You have to be strong enough in subject knowledge in order to get any job. So, try to be perfect in that.

In addition, you should have strong communication skills also to crack the Interview which is the final phase of selection procedure.

So, don't miss any of the job opportunity and get a good job.

Wish you all the best.
12th August 2013, 01:51 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

Mechanical engineers apply the philosophy of science and mathematics to expand economical solutions to technical problems.Mechanical Engineers are employed in nearly every industry,with most working for manufacturing firms and a considerable number working in consulting services.

Career:

Career paths, the entry into this particular branch of engineering also requires you to posses certain basic traits.

You must have a penchant for mechanical components and machinery and how these machines work.

You must be good at physics,chemistry and mathematics.

You must also have skills such an analytical bent of mind,logical reasoning and problem solving.

Job Prospect:

Mechanical engineering is the broadest of all engineering fields,the job prospects on offer for skilled mechanical engineers are aplenty and unending.

Mechanical engineers are required to design,test,manufacture,install,operate and maintain a wide array of machines and mechanical systems that are used in countless industries.

Industries:

Major industries that employ mechanical engineers include following:

Automobiles

Space research

Aeronatucal

Energy and Utilities

Air Conditioning

Bio-mechanical industry.

Other Major employers include

Giant manufacturing plants

Air conditioning and refrigeration industry

Turbine manufacturing plants

Oil and gas exploration

Refining industries and the agricultural sector

In the government sector,mechanical engineers can provide their knowledge to various government run projects in the role of technical experts and consultants. They can also work in private engineering companies that provide technical consultancy to both government and corporate firms.

Jobs for mechanical engineers:

Electrical Engineer Manager

Maintenance Superintendent

Senior Mechanical Engineer

Project Coordinator

Project Engineer

Mechanical Design engineer

HVAC Engineer

Estimator

Thermal Engineer

Account Manager

Field Service Engineer etc...

all the best..................
12th August 2013, 03:56 PM
srikanth2207

Hello Dear Aspirant,

After completion of degree in B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering.You have many jobs options in front of you either it is Government or private.If you want to apply for Government jobs,then you must appear for GATE and qualified for the GATE exam.Then you are eligible to apply all the PSU companies like

BHEL
BEL
DDL
ONGC
NTPC
APGENCO
APTRANSCO
GAIL

all the above companies jobs offered to Mechanical branch students.Many of the private companies also offering jobs to Mechanical branch students are
Infosys
Wipro
Tech Mahindra
HCL
Delloid
TCS
14th August 2013, 01:57 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend........

Mechanical engineering is one of the oldest branches of engineering. It is also referred to as the ‘mother’ branch of engineering. Another appealing feature of mechanical engineering is that the application base of this field of study is extremely broad and diverse.

Possess certain basic traits:

First and foremost, you must have a penchant for mechanical components and machinery and how these machines work.

you must be good at physics, chemistry and mathematics.

You must also have skills such as an analytical bent of mind, logical reasoning and problem solving.

Further, you must have immense patience, physical strength, ability to work for long hours and an inventive spirit that are essential ingredients for becoming a successful mechanical engineer.

Top Companies:

Automobile and auto part manufacturers

Aerospace industry

Various Government sector undertakings

Aviation companies

Steel plants

Thermal plants and gas turbine manufacturers

Air conditioning and refrigeration industry

Shipping industry

Engineering consultancies

Armed forces

Pay Packet

The average monthly salary of mechanical engineers who are new to this profession is approximately in the range between [B][COLOR="Indigo"]Rs.10,000 and Rs.25,000.
Highly skilled mechanical engineers can easily command pay packets as high as Rs 40 to 45 lacs per annum.

Good campus placements can fetch even better packages for deserving students. Mechanical engineers who hold a post-graduate degree from a reputed academic institute tend to get better offers than diploma and degree holders.

Jobs for Mechanical Engineering:

Maintenance Superintendant

SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER

Electrical Engineer Manager

Project Coordinator

Project Engineer

Mechanical Design Engineer

Electrical Engineer

HVAC Engineer

Mechanical Engineer/Millwright...

Mechanical Engineer/MillWright...

Project Manager - Engineering and...

HVAC Mechanic

Engineering Manager

Area Manager Terminals

Reliability Engineer - fixed...

Estimator

Thermal Engineer

Account Manager

Field Service Engineer

Mechanical Engineer

Mechanical Engineer

Mechanical Design Engineer

Estimator

Engineering Manager

Civil Designer

All the best.......
8th July 2014, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

Can I get job in automobile companies after completing B.tech with mechanical branch?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?