17th April 2012, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

Can I get a seat for M.Tech in IIT after scoring 65% in final year?

In Amravati university ,only final year parcentage is cansider i got 65% in final year but i got 58% (avg:first to final year) . Can I get seat for M.Tech in IIT ?

Related Questions:
  1. How to apply for M.Tech seat in IIT through GATE(Electrical) after scoring 474?
  2. Will I get a seat in IIT preparatory course after scoring 43 marks?
  3. Where will I get a seat after scoring 8845 AIR in GATE and 422 GATE score?
  4. Which will be the profitable career for me of joining in TCS and doing M.Tech in NIT being a final year student of BE in ECE?
  5. How to prepare for M.Tech to get seat in NITs pursuing final year of my B.Tech?
  6. Is there any possibility to get a seat in IITs after scoring 546 in GATE with 97.70 percentile with 1863 rank? Can I get MS in IIT? Job opportunities for MS in IITs? Which is good between MS and M.Tech in IIT?
  7. Can I get a seat or preparatory course in any IIT college after scoring 62 marks in IIT? I belong to ST category
  8. Will I get a seat in government counseling after scoring 82% aggregate in ECE final year?
  9. Can I get a seat in Geotechnical engineering in any IIT after scoring 7824 rank and 291 score in GATE?
  10. Marks required to get seat in IIT for Geotech or Transportation? -- [New]
  11. How to apply for M.Tech seat in IIT through GATE?
  12. Mtech or C-DAC?
  13. Colleges offering Mining courses in Andhra Pradesh? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Best institutes after score of 508 in GATE and belonging to general category?
  15. List of colleges available for doing M.Tech after completing B.Tech with 54% marks?
  16. Information about the training institutes which helps in to get admission in IIT for B.E. final year student?
  17. In which college can I get a seat after scoring 49 rank in OC category in PGECET in EI stream?
  18. Can I get a seat in IIT Chennai if I attend AIEEE exam?
15th June 2012, 06:36 AM
guruvana244

Default Re: Can I get a seat for M.Tech in IIT after scoring 65% in final year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In Amravati university ,only final year parcentage is cansider i got 65% in final year but i got 58% (avg:first to final year) . Can I get seat for M.Tech in IIT ?

Hi

GATE is the exam which is held for selection of candidates for the M.Tech streams. Now candidates are selected in the IIT's, NIT's BITS, etc through the GATE score and the All India Rank obtained.

As you say, you have obtained just 474 marks out of 1000, I must tell you that your score is not enough to fetch you any seat in the IIT's or even NIT's.

So please wait for the 2nd counselling session that's when any seat or courses is left unfilled in the first counselling.
You would certainly get a seat in any other private college, but not in the IIT's.

For any more details regarding this Please the visit the official GATE website.

All the best

10th December 2012, 12:00 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a seat for M.Tech in IIT after scoring 65% in final year?

Admission to M.Tech in top institutes is done via GATE. Those having top ranks in this national level entrance exam are considered for admission in IIT’s, NIT’s, etc. Also candidates with aggregate marks of 60% are only considered in IIT. This will be evaluation during the central counseling process. Further details can be collected from IIT portal.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?