19th February 2012, 11:34 AM
vikas20009

Which will be the profitable career for me of joining in TCS and doing M.Tech in NIT being a final year student of BE in ECE?

I am the student of final year in B.E. in ECE, previous year my gate score was 49.33 and also i was selected in TCS now i am confused whether i should go for Mtech from NIT or go for TCS because in 49.33 marks i am not going to get IIT.
please answer which will be profitable for my carreer. does NITs have good placements fo Mtech students in corporate companies.

Related Questions:
19th February 2012, 12:38 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which will be the profitable career for me of joining in TCS and doing M.Tech in NIT being a final year student of BE in ECE?

Definitely, joining in TCS is a better choice for you. TCS (Tata Consultancy Services), the best IT company.

Its really a great opportunity for you to join in TCS soon after the completion of your B.Tech course.

The reason why I am telling this is, you are gong to have 2 years of hands on industry experience if you join in TCS by the time you complete your M.Tech course.

Even if you complete M.Tech course also, again you have to look for the job opportunities in IT companies.

The training which is being provided by TCS to the newly joined candidates is very much useful to the candidates.

In addition, the job security is more in TCS, its almost like Government Job.

The work environment and working conditions are very nice in TCS. Candidates will be given high salaries and rewards as per performance at various levels.

There are number of candidates who did not get jobs soon after the completion of B.Tech course. There are some candidates who have been looking for jobs from 1-2 years after completing B.Tech.

You are going to have good on site opportunities by working with a top MNC like TCS.

Only thing is that you have to prove yourself in whatever the job which you join in TCS.

So, don't loose this great opportunity. Wish you all the best.
19th February 2012, 01:16 PM
sulemanpathan

Thumbs up Re: Which will be the profitable career for me of joining in TCS and doing M.Tech in NIT being a final year student of BE in ECE?

Hi mam/Sir,
This is suleman pathan. First i would like to ask one question for you. Why you choose ECE in engineering?
My question is give clearity that for your futur and attitude .
If you want settle in IT sector go to the job is best option for you. Reason is TCS is the one the most hunting company for IT professional.
The working environment and work culture is awesome.
But i think you are not in the croud like mind people.
My intension is to go for M.Tech and Do EXCELL in ECE in advance course that give a value to nation.
That effort gives you name, fame and money is the by product to you.
Take the dession for money or name& fame.
All the best for your future.
Regards
Pathan.
19th February 2012, 02:38 PM
sharma.ankur2007

Default Re: Which will be the profitable career for me of joining in TCS and doing M.Tech in NIT being a final year student of BE in ECE?

hi vikas,

you are an ECE student.
My suggestion for you would be that its better for you to go for M-Tech.
These days working in IT companies in not a big deal.
Its better for you to go for M-Tech and get some core company to work for.
Core companies of ECE pay better than max IT companies including TCS.
furthermore you will get some work which will add value to your degree,
I am also 2011 pass out from ECE department working in an IT MNC which is considered better than TCS and still I am feeling like going for M-Tech so that I could get any core company of mine.
If you do not have any financial issues its better to go for M-Tech.
Best of Luck.

Ankur Sharma
19th February 2012, 03:00 PM
priyanka_22

Dear ,

Very well asked let me know you being an ECE candidate its great if you think
for higher studies but if you are getting an opportunity in company as TCS its a great deal go for work experience and then in future they might offer you MBA or MTech even.

I would suggest go for TCS.:-)

Best Luck
13th May 2012, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

I just wanted to ask that i am working in a Software Company(since last 8 months) as a WPF Developer,and now i am getting an oppurtunity to go for MTech in NITs............I am from ECE Background ,so should i join NIT or continue with my software life....Which has a brighter future?
13th May 2012, 04:53 PM
Bhargav.student

This all depends on your interest .
Since you studied Engineering in Electronics and Communications , the IT job is different from your field of study .
If you are satisfied with IT job go for it .
Or else if you are looking for Core placement , then without thinking go for M.Tech , because Core job opportunities for M.Tech students are more compared to B.Tech students in ECE .
the choice is yours .
All the best .!!
24th May 2012, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

i have completed b tech in electronics and instrumentation and placed in tcs and also got a seat at nit help me to decide which is best.
12th May 2013, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

what is the salary for m.tech communication systems in tcs
25th September 2013, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
My opinion is that admitted for m.tech is better than doing job in TCS....
15th May 2014, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

hi i had completed b.com and i had selected in tcs company and my parents are compling me to join in mba course i get so confused to what to do? please help me.
3rd June 2014, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
I am B.E Mechanical and placed in TCS. Got 580 in Gate 2014 exam in General category. I am getting confused to join in TCS or go for M.tech program in NITs. Since my parents feels that TCS job is not core job for me. Please guide me.
KS.Kumar
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?